Dillemma...

-wolfie-

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
Seremban
Greetings Gentlemen.. and brothers out there!

A short intro of myself... just in case you guys wonder who the hell is this guy? -wolfie- is my nick and I've been around for couple of years... it's just that I enjoyed reading rather than posting.. in short words.. Im a sleeper. Currently resides in Dubai and coming back to Malaysia soon... I mean very soon.

Ok bro's, rite now.. Im in a dillema. As when I left Malaysia.. I sold my drive.. SGTI.. I loved that car even thou it gives me lots of shit.. what to do.. bought it 3rd hand and without any bible guides and experience.. I bought a bad ride.. but still.. I keep my faith with her.. slowly bringing it back to it former glory. Been bump into few mechanics who so called tuner for HK racer firm. Anyway to cut the story short..

This is my dillemma.. As I'm coming back for good.. I'm looking for a ride.. I've narrowed down my options. Civic TypeR (TypeRR is out of topics due to its rarity) or Evo8 MR.

If I go for Civic as I strongly those japs head in Honda really looked into this car.. but the wild side of me... keep on pursuing me to go for Evo8 MR.

So now the question is... will I be able to get an unreg Evo8? I mean... I really want a red or yellow with sunroof with it. Any way to search for it? Maybe you guys would be telling me.. theres alot in KL area... come back and hunt it down. I'm doing some research now... so by the time I got back... more or less.. I got some guidance from all the brothers here..

So guys... tell me... anything that I should know about?

Really appreciate you guys effort...

cheers!:adore::adore::adore:

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
it all bends down to your driving attitude and style... what do you want your car to do for you? type R and evo are 2 different types of monsters... i suggest you try to get your hands on for both the rides for a test drive and as passenger then you make the judgement from there. but if you're siding more towards evo 8mr.. there are a few around.. look into www.motortrader.com.my since you are still over seas for a rough view on prices and availability...

good luck!!!

egiewan

500 RPM
Jul 31, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
For me its simple, Type R will give you the upmost driving satisfaction. It is a very balanced car overall but somehow its lacks the pulling power of a turbo car. For EvoMR, all I can say is POWARRR:rofl: I smile to myself everytime I gun the thing on the highways haha. But like leslie said la, test drive dulu. I'm leaning towards the EvoMR myself:smokin:

Mistaken_Identity

2,000 RPM
Aug 11, 2005
Johore Bahru
What's with the headache..??? Buy both laaa....:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Saw your location is in Seremban...So shouldn't be a problem for U to buy both cars...Cause orang Seremban semua KAYO-KAYO..i.e our KING..!! Dia ada 17 kereta kat rumah dia..!! Hahahaha....

Last edited:

-wolfie-

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
Seremban
Bro's,

Thnx for the tips.. I really appreciate it.. really need to get into the car first...:adore:

lancer7891

1,000 RPM
Nov 12, 2006
Woi...where got 17 car lah..toy car got lah..shell ferrari.....Hahahahahaha..:biggrin:

Bump: Woi...where got 17 car lah..toy car got lah..shell ferrari.....Hahahahahaha..:biggrin:

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
What's with the headache..??? Buy both laaa....:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Saw your location is in Seremban...So shouldn't be a problem for U to buy both cars...Cause orang Seremban semua KAYO-KAYO..i.e our KING..!! Dia ada 17 kereta kat rumah dia..!! Hahahaha....
Orang soromban bini pon ramai. 17 orang semuonyo.

lancer7891

1,000 RPM
Nov 12, 2006
Hahahahaha,.....bini den setuju..:rofl: :rofl:

Bump: Hahahahaha,.....bini den setuju..:rofl: :rofl:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
like that must shift to seremban, lotsa car, lot of wives and i am sure lot of $$$ too ya

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
hahahaaa...."king" ma...sure kaw kaw one la

we bit OOT now.....going back to type R & evo8,
i believe both has their strength......try it out and then see which one suits u better.....if u like raw power and high speed cruising and easy maintenance, go for type R or if u want yr adrenalin pumping and loves speed, go for Evo8

again, its still you(wolfie) the one buying, so test drive it.....juz my 2cents.

Last edited:

azizi.aziz

1,500 RPM
Jul 5, 2006
wolfie,

My opinion...go buy the Evo8MR...Civic type-R you will feel something like 'no power' after you use it for 1 month...hehehe:biggrin:

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
hi wolfie,

you can refer to this link to find out more about pros and cons of owning a FD2-R from the actual owners. as for evo, i'm sure many evo owners here will be able to poison you more. LOL...

good luck.

Bump:
'no-power' aar bro??ini sudah racun nihhh hahahaha:biggrin::nurse:
itu bukan racun... THIS is racun... 6 lap records broken. :adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

so if u buy evo, you can do this too... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: