Dilemma on lowering my Wira

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
although i'm not using eibach, but i've read much of eibach springs good reviews... they claim that it matches most oem absorbers without feeling bumpy.... the cons is that it lowers about 30-35mm only while other most lowered spring lowers about 40mm....

IMO, save up and get adjustable.... it is hi/lo adjustable, so no more wrong height problem.... bigger rims doesnt lower ur car.... it jz makes the wheel closer to the wheel arch....

pifecto14

Known Member
Jul 28, 2005
PJ
Me and my frens have measure the gap between front bumper to the ground on a wira with 14inch stock rims and another wira with 17 inch sport rims. Both using promote bumper and stock suspension and same CC as well. Apparently there is a difference in height.

unknown1x

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
well.. 17 inch rims.. is already 3 inch differences... then tyre tickness also is factor..
you can use 14 inch but use rally style tyre 70/75 tickness.. then compare with the 17 inch again.. hahah can be same also.. ^^

your wheel size totally combine rims + tyre size= total diameter..then u can really know the differences. common sense ler dude!

anyway.. for beauty .. i fully recommend adjustable.. or else.. you WILL REGRET IT! hahahah (sounds so horrible me ) well.... in the end, its all up to you.

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
digitax said:
Hi all,

I'm in such a dilemma. Been checking on all past posts and trying to merge everything for me to make the wisest decision to lower my car.

Btw, im driving a stock standard Wira 1.5 with 15inch rims (50 series tyres), promote bumpers without diffuser.

I'm more into the look than the performance of a car to be frank.

What would be the wisest decision?

Perhaps just lowered the car to 2-2.5 finger by using APM sport springs? Or using adjustables? Or changing to a bigger rim ?

Help is much much appreciated !! Thanks alot !

save da money for 2 months then buy TEIN hi/low, soft/hard lor... worth every buck for da corner :D

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
m a v [3] r i c k said:
Get adjustables. Lowering springs will kill your shocks so much sooner.
Amen to that, dude.

digitax,
Digits and taxes don't go together. hahaha People prefer taxes without digits at all, which means 0 tax. hehe Anyway, my first set of abs are Koni's. I paired it with Kimex springs. In about 1.5 years, the front springs lowered by itself so much, that it killed my front Koni's. Due to a restrained budget, I changed to hard-soft (or was it high low) gab absorbers for my front, and then changed all my springs to APM. Now, I'm starting to face the same problem again. My front, over time, has became lower from a 3 finger gap to a 1 finger gap. My rear remains at 3 finger gap. Furthermore, the front of my springs has "softened" such that when I corner hard, my tyres will touch my fender or the inside part of the fender. As such, personally, my next change would be all 4 abs and springs, to abs that are high-low hard-soft adjustable. At least I could adjust the height and ride comfort over time till it gets to the right tune for my car, which is a satria. I'm also using 15" rims. I'm considering HWL's or perhaps Titan. However, I've heard good and bad stories for both these brands. Hence, I'm also in a dilemma now. hahaha

unknown1x

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
hhaha so.. conclusion! save money buy adjustable.. hi/low soft/hard! if uregret andthink it sucks! you dont drive wira anymore.. cause.. you cant get any better value for money anymore.. nahahahahahhaha

pakai stock lor..

broken sword

Feb 17, 2006
bro, i need some advise here, i'm planning to buy a new set of 1.5wira se stock spring.......
1) how to know it's the ori one? brand maybe?
2) estimated price ? after my survey .... i managed to get quoted around RM170, 1 set (4pcs)

Kendconcerto

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
My opinion is:

-Invest bigger wider tyres.
-Install strut bars.
-Upgrade your driving style.
- Change hard absorbers

No nid dillema. Wira already very low, wan lowere lagi u cry whn go over bumps :D

Dremel

1,000 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Ampng Nrdschlff
Visit site
satria_95 said:
digitax,
Digits and taxes don't go together. hahaha People prefer taxes without digits at all, which means 0 tax. hehe Anyway, my first set of abs are Koni's. I paired it with Kimex springs. In about 1.5 years, the front springs lowered by itself so much, that it killed my front Koni's. Due to a restrained budget, I changed to hard-soft (or was it high low) gab absorbers for my front, and then changed all my springs to APM. Now, I'm starting to face the same problem again. My front, over time, has became lower from a 3 finger gap to a 1 finger gap. My rear remains at 3 finger gap. Furthermore, the front of my springs has "softened" such that when I corner hard, my tyres will touch my fender or the inside part of the fender. As such, personally, my next change would be all 4 abs and springs, to abs that are high-low hard-soft adjustable. At least I could adjust the height and ride comfort over time till it gets to the right tune for my car, which is a satria. I'm also using 15" rims. I'm considering HWL's or perhaps Titan. However, I've heard good and bad stories for both these brands. Hence, I'm also in a dilemma now. hahaha
I was also like you, tried to match this springs with that abs.. this abs with that springs... In the end I still can't get 'THAT" satisfaction.

Then, I opt for Titan. It has been over 2 years now and I haven't regret ever since.

unknown1x

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
broken sword said:
bro, i need some advise here, i'm planning to buy a new set of 1.5wira se stock spring.......
1) how to know it's the ori one? brand maybe?
2) estimated price ? after my survey .... i managed to get quoted around RM170, 1 set (4pcs)
wira se stock 170, apm performax 150 or something like that, why buy wira se stock spring? both also oem style..

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
broken sword,
Whats the point of getting the SE springs? I dont think it can fit into your 1.3/1.5 shocks and furthermore you will probably need to do some modifications to fit them.

If you're on budget, just stay with your current shocks and save up for adjustables. Most people who mix and match springs with abs will regret at the end of the day. The amount of money they spent could get them a pretty decent set of adjustables already.

broken sword

Feb 17, 2006
truly oem style, but a bit factory lowered and a bit stiffer. yup the front need to change to 1.6abs and mounting..... that's the info that gather zth, mech and spare part shops.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I am keen to know what exactly the purpose of having HKS FCD if installed in a Turbo car? Is it worth it to install in small Turbo car like mine - Daihatsu Charade GTti? Is it for higher boost set up? Or saving fuel? I know nothing about that small device..When I read in the oversea's forum, can't understand lah..Soooo technically la..

Can you all explain in plain English of what is the main purpose of that device and it's advantages too..Can?

Thanks bros..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience