Dilemma: Inspira 2.0 or Cruze 1.8

Discussion in 'Car Talk' started by drill, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Izso

Izso Boooooossst
    Helmet Clan Moderator

Dude.. if it's for the missus to drive around don't buy the Airtrek turbo. FC for the manual variant is about 7-8km/L on a good day and if your wife is only just doing the school run - your FC is gonna be reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally bad. On a Myvi doing short school runs it's about 7-8km/L already, on a turbo charged 2.0 1.2 ton MPV it's gonna be worse. And I'm assuming you're gonna buy the auto version for the wife to drive which has even worse FC compared to the manual. Maybe 5-6km/L at best for school runs and oh - if I'm not mistaken you can only run RON97 right? Really GG bro.. GG..

If it's for highway runs like balik kampung - then the Airtrek is a nice car to go in assuming you find a stock one. If it has an exhaust my god the droning exhaust and all will kill you.

Forget the inspira and airtrek la. Buy a Vios or Altis since it's for the wife. Less headache, easy to drive, relatively ok maintenance costs and price is about the same depending on model and year.

2. vr2turbo

vr2turbo 5 Year | Silver
    Helmet Clan Moderator

Need to share car for daily, sure headache. Good for wife, not for husband, good for husband , not for wife.......lol

3. Izso

Izso Boooooossst
    Helmet Clan Moderator

not always the case. You see this @TitanRev fella.. his wife lagi performance kaki than he is except he's the one modding the cars. She's the one telling him that her car needs more power. LOL

4. drill

drill Senior Member

Thanks for the thoughts. Well, for now, yes it's going to be the car for her daily use and for us to balik kampung. Maybe later will get a kancil for her daily use... But that's just later la.
    I dont really drive every day, coz i i prefer to use my scooter. And if i were to drive to work also i will use my mazda. Much fun to drive except if stuck in jam.

I've heard people saying that it can run on ron95. But members here ( from what i read in other thread), need to run on 97. Not sure which is more accurate

5. lsm1991

lsm1991 Senior Member

whichever it is, its still a guzzler. generally stock on stock boost, it can run 95. many run higher boost and whatnot , then get stuck with 97

just saying~ forrester, legacy ... caldina < after trying em out, those are better cars. If you dont plan of turning the airtrek into an evo, the caldina being a better daily imo

**cant remember if you mentioned a budget

6. Mitevo7

Mitevo7 Senior Member

Even though we are not married, i have a Volvo S60 for the missus, both of us enjoy the car alot. Fast enough for me and comfy enough for her.

7. vr2turbo

vr2turbo 5 Year | Silver
    Helmet Clan Moderator

But they still have separate cars......lol

8. Izso

Izso Boooooossst
    Helmet Clan Moderator

I'd avoid the airtrek if I were you. It's going to be fun until the fuel bills hit you. Even with RON95, 6-8km/L is not fun at all. But if you're a 4G63T kaki and don't mind the weight of the car, it's spacious, it's very comfortable and it rides like a tank. Don't expect quick handling traits in a stock Airtrek though because it's not a light car. Visibility is pretty impressive for its size so yeah - a lady drive might appreciate it.

Don't buy kancils anymore la. These days the all sorts of cars get hammered on the road so badly I would hate to imagine what will happen to an ancient kancil. At the very least look at the Axia or Picanto if you're gonna go small.

9. drill

drill Senior Member

Guys,
    Thanks for all the input. In the end i choose airtrek after all.

So far, used it for balik kampung. Can say that I'm satisfied with its power and fc. Not as bad as i expected.

A week use in town driving, for rm30 manage to get me around 160km.

Balik kampung journey yesterday took almost half tank for 240km. Not hiway driving btw... Using the kuala selangor old trunk road until perak, then continue a bit on WCE.

It is a bit hi on fc compared to newer car. But i give it in for the power and comfort. My previous perdana with RVR turbo auto was worse.

Thanks again all

10. Mitevo7

Mitevo7 Senior Member

Guess your advise didn't work on him ! He went to the dark side, he's gone.

11. alcyon

alcyon Active Member

Is the airtrek modded or stock.

12. lsm1991

lsm1991 Senior Member

rvr auto turbo is worse?.. should be terbalik

13. ixeo

ixeo Senior Member

got stock one ah? hahaha

14. alcyon

alcyon Active Member

I wonder that too especially when I see s13 silvias in malaysia...

15. Izso

Izso Boooooossst
    Helmet Clan Moderator

Good on ya dude. Just pls don't buy that Kancil. RM30 is RON95 or 97? If RON95 that's almost 11km/L which is bloody incredible. If that's RON97 it's even more incredible! How did you drive bro?

Advice? Nah. I didn't advise anything. I just threw everything I know/didn't know and the fella made an informed decision based on all the advice given to him from me an the rest. That's the best way to decide things. I personally don't like following just because people shoving down "advice" down your throat.

16. vr2turbo

vr2turbo 5 Year | Silver
    Helmet Clan Moderator

The darth vader power route too strong........hahhahahaha

#36 vr2turbo, Dec 3, 2019 at 8:55 AM
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019 at 9:04 AM
  17. Mitevo7

Mitevo7 Senior Member

In this case, i think its Palpatine hahaha

#37 Mitevo7, Dec 3, 2019 at 8:59 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2019 at 9:04 AM
  18. ^pomen_GTR^

^pomen_GTR^ Senior Member

how good are you on car maintenance or doing mechanical basic or atleast able to indentify which area/part are problematic in a car?
    and how good your workshop on maintaining both car?

and i would say...between inspira 2.0, cruze 1.8.... go for inspira 1.8 will be a better option on long run....

while inspira drives great, the 2.0 came only in cvt scooter gearbox...(hence u didnt feel acceleration that punch)
    the cruze...looks great, feels great... support like parts and workshop for maintenance confirm headache...unless u want to stuck with service center cut throat...

hence... came the inspira 1.8.... even got manual gearbox option if you look around

19. ixeo

ixeo Senior Member

He buy Airtrek already.. cause he come to zero to hundred..and Airtrek is the fastest compare to Inspira and Cruze

20. Mitevo7

Mitevo7 Senior Member

Dude he went for an Airtrek Turbo.