Difficulty achieving top speed

meltan7

500 RPM
Feb 3, 2006
Kelana Jaya
checked the AFR so far. no leakages. next, i'll try removing the AFR and check the plugs. will update soon.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Mel... how much money you spend on powerzone stuffs?
Really got hp increase?

As many sifus have mention... you are running super rich after 4000rpm... 12.++ Air fuel ratio for turbo/vtec spec.

NO management at all, but after 4000 rpm all of a sudden becomes so rich, WHAT did "they" do to you car? DID they "modify" you ecu?...
Or they just throw in the fuel regulator and up the pressure giler giler? (now maybe already become rosak...)

You know the cam specs? TQ

Last edited:

meltan7

500 RPM
Feb 3, 2006
Kelana Jaya
Mel... how much money you spend at powerzone?
Really got hp increase?

As many sifus have mention... you are running super rich after 4000rpm... 12.++ Air fuel ratio for turbo/vtec spec.

NO management at all, but after 4000 rpm all of a sudden becomes so rich, WHAT did they do to you car? DID they "modify" you ecu?...
Or they just throw in the fuel regulator and up the pressure giler giler? (now maybe already become rosak...)

You know the cam specs? TQ
i never did any tuning at PZ. i only bought the exhaust system from them. the PZ cam is 2nd hand item i bought from my friend and installed at a different workshop.

i'll try removing the fuel regulator tomorrow, and see how it works out.

i did the tuning at under5. they did a few runs on the dyno and they said that this is the most efficient setup.

wtf... powerzone tune the car to run rich like this at 4k rpm??...
not them. under5.

meltan7

500 RPM
Feb 3, 2006
Kelana Jaya
found the the fuel pressure. don't know what's the psi but it's 1 1/2 bar. i dunno how to convert.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
i never did any tuning at PZ. i only bought the exhaust system from them. the PZ cam is 2nd hand item i bought from my friend and installed at a different workshop.

i'll try removing the fuel regulator tomorrow, and see how it works out.

i did the tuning at under5. they did a few runs on the dyno and they said that this is the most efficient setup.

not them. under5.
Correction...How much money you spend on 2nd hand powerzone stuff?
Under5 tuned what or how to tune...?... can only set da PZ cams and just up the Fuel regulator.
and dynoed...You have no "management" aka piggyback... so i guess that would be the best they
can do...Need to throw in more money... of a least a RM450 5 button SAFC...
TQ

roy_fatboy

500 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Selangor
www.wiraownersclub.com
Under5 tuned what or how to tune...?... can only set da PZ cams and just up the Fuel regulator.
and dynoed...You have no "management" aka piggyback... so i guess that would be the best they
TQ
he bought the stuff from another friend with a good price, and we know the fella as well, so there is no need to worry that the cams and the full piping set is broken.. can cut that out of the list..

and what he did in Under5, if im not mistaken is just fuel-reg tuning.. yeah, safc might do the job, but we are trying to solve whatever the problem here first, since buying safc will involves alot of money.. XD

previously jombiee and shinjite suggested a compression test, i think we should go and do that first to see if there is any "internal-injuries" in your engine. I was running high-compression with auto GB and atf cooler last time and there is no problem achieving top speed and pick up, you should know. Only after the engine overheat, then i never overhaul it, i start to lose compression and speeding is not an option anymore. :biggrin:
If there is none and the compression if all fine, maybe trying safc is the next thing to be done..

mel, if you ask skyline_maniac, previously he did his fuel tuning in Under5, turn out that it is abit wrong, not that i say they don't know to do job, but maybe a slight mistake.. his bolt-on 91 is all fine now after doing it in MAG (Mal Auto Garage), it was too rich previously at Under5 as well..

meltan7

500 RPM
Feb 3, 2006
Kelana Jaya
TQ
well, i spend around RM1300 for the cam and exhaust system, items are working fine. Under5 set and tune the cams, tune the fuel regulator and dyno. I've asked around and it seems the only solution now is management. I know that is the only way, but i just wanted to know if there's any other way around this problem eg:- play with the internals. Thanks for your advise bro.

he bought the stuff from another friend with a good price, and we know the fella as well, so there is no need to worry that the cams and the full piping set is broken.. can cut that out of the list..

and what he did in Under5, if im not mistaken is just fuel-reg tuning.. yeah, safc might do the job, but we are trying to solve whatever the problem here first, since buying safc will involves alot of money.. XD

previously jombiee and shinjite suggested a compression test, i think we should go and do that first to see if there is any "internal-injuries" in your engine. I was running high-compression with auto GB and atf cooler last time and there is no problem achieving top speed and pick up, you should know. Only after the engine overheat, then i never overhaul it, i start to lose compression and speeding is not an option anymore. :biggrin:
If there is none and the compression if all fine, maybe trying safc is the next thing to be done..

mel, if you ask skyline_maniac, previously he did his fuel tuning in Under5, turn out that it is abit wrong, not that i say they don't know to do job, but maybe a slight mistake.. his bolt-on 91 is all fine now after doing it in MAG (Mal Auto Garage), it was too rich previously at Under5 as well..
where can i do the compression test? MAG? how much do you think it'll cost?