Different between VDO & MMC in wira

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Correction : Nissan STD uses iridium plugs as standard. NGK supplies Tan Cheong Malaysia. In Singapore it's Denso.

No la. Gpower doesn't give you any improvements other than perhaps a smooth feel for your acceleration just like how Iridium feels. And personally I hate GPower. It's not as long life as Iridium and the damn thing was fragile. Broke one in my Wira back then from heat.
Yup, standard because plugs difficult to access. My wife's forester sama sama........lol

As for plugs, depends on luck lah. My VR never blew any normal plugs nor platinum ones but burn one set Iridium and the next set one piece the ceramic broke off. I use Iridium just to try out colder plug where I cannot get for normal and platinum, but was expensive lesson.....lol:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Spark plug doesn't give hp but using a crappy one will decrease your power. So, at least get something that can maintain your power at peak condition. :biggrin:
Ho ho ho.... I challenge you to a bet.

Same car - Iridium plugs - Dyno - swap out to normal NGK plugs - Dyno.

See if there's a drop or not in the power.

Wanna try? If I win you buy me a drink next time you're in KL. If I win I buy you a drink next time I'm in Ipoh.

The car will be either yours or mine.

I'm feeling thirsty. :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yup, standard because plugs difficult to access. My wife's forester sama sama........lol

As for plugs, depends on luck lah. My VR never blew any normal plugs nor platinum ones but burn one set Iridium and the next set one piece the ceramic broke off. I use Iridium just to try out colder plug where I cannot get for normal and platinum, but was expensive lesson.....lol:biggrin:
Same la.. mine the ceramic portion got so brittle all I did was tap it accidentally on my engine bay when I took it out and it shattered in my hands just like that. Gpower glory.

Never had issues with any other plug.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Same la.. mine the ceramic portion got so brittle all I did was tap it accidentally on my engine bay when I took it out and it shattered in my hands just like that. Gpower glory.

Never had issues with any other plug.
But mine the ceramic broke inside the engine. Took plug out, ceramic gone. Lucky can blow it out....lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Ho ho ho.... I challenge you to a bet.

Same car - Iridium plugs - Dyno - swap out to normal NGK plugs - Dyno.

See if there's a drop or not in the power.

Wanna try? If I win you buy me a drink next time you're in KL. If I win I buy you a drink next time I'm in Ipoh.

The car will be either yours or mine.

I'm feeling thirsty. :biggrin:
Interesting. Where to try for dyno? :biggrin:

So, these iridium, platinum plugs are just plugs with longer lifespan that doesn't really affect performance at all? The last time I changed my plug for a new set, the car felt slightly more responsive and engine seems to operate smoother.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya

So, these iridium, platinum plugs are just plugs with longer lifespan that doesn't really affect performance at all? The last time I changed my plug for a new set, the car felt slightly more responsive and engine seems to operate smoother.
The spark plug generate it's own spark or does the power to spark comes from somewhere else? :driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

PJ Sunway many dyno shops......lol:driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The spark plug generate it's own spark or does the power to spark comes from somewhere else? :driver:
Power from the coils....lol

If you read more on spark plugs, there are all sorts of design, materials and so on.
Spark plugs normal one center electrode, one curve ground electrode. DOHC with plugs right on top the ground electrode will block the spark. That is why NGK got V cut into their center electrode top push the spark to the side. Denso cannot copy so they have a U groove on the ground electrode therefore also pushing the spark to the side.
Then there is platinum with fine tip, then iridium with 0.6mm tip, then Denso with 0.4mm tip say to concentrate more sparking power into a smaller tip.
So which is better, many more design and tech, so want to learn more go read on them.....lol

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Power from the coils....lol

If you read more on spark plugs, there are all sorts of design, materials and so on.
Spark plugs normal one center electrode, one curve ground electrode. DOHC with plugs right on top the ground electrode will block the spark. That is why NGK got V cut into their center electrode top push the spark to the side. Denso cannot copy so they have a U groove on the ground electrode therefore also pushing the spark to the side.
Then there is platinum with fine tip, then iridium with 0.6mm tip, then Denso with 0.4mm tip say to concentrate more sparking power into a smaller tip.
So which is better, many more design and tech, so want to learn more go read on them.....lol
i read it before. haha. :burnout:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
wahh spark plugs topic pulak.
anyway rats like to chew plug cables. Long time ago, my old charade cant start, check plug cables got teeth bites. Damn...:banghead:
original plug cables is important. Story from my mechanics, one dyno session. They rush to find original plug cables to get best reading. Duno how true it is. :confused:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
anyway rats like to chew plug cables. Long time ago, my old charade cant start, check plug cables got teeth bites. Damn...:banghead:
original plug cables is important. Story from my mechanics, one dyno session. They rush to find original plug cables to get best reading. Duno how true it is. :confused:
Aftermarket if branded also good. Problem is aftermarket cheap ones looks thick but all rubber thick only, inside cable very thin....:banghead:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
If this is the case, I think the best I can get is probably genuine plug cables from MMC?

VtinoAJV

Jan 27, 2014
Kuching
Eh? How come Renesis shared the picture of the VDO has distributor? the distributorless u mean is running coil pack from DOHC 4g92 4g93?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i hav bought my car for bout 4 years....
i noticed that my headlamp is getting faded n not shining like new headlamps....
it is a bit blur.....

wat should i do 2 overcome this prob?

if buy a new pair will cost about 300......

i saw in the market, they offer sum kind of headlamp polisher,does that works?
if yes,wat brand of the polisher that really works....

suggestion pls....

thanks a lot>......:shades_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience