Dc5

Erik

Oct 16, 2008
you get what you give perhaps and i'm quite sure it's a turn off, even with the price....

it's never possible to take these cars for a spin huh? unless?

slick

500 RPM
Mar 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.slickworx.com
you get what you give perhaps and i'm quite sure it's a turn off, even with the price....

it's never possible to take these cars for a spin huh? unless?
Can la, i took my car out for a spin before buying it.
I know many others that did the same.
Just have to talk to them nicely and assure them you are a genuine buyer and genuinely considering the car.

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
Yeah, i was over there checking that car out.

So this is what i managed to observe, with the help of my dad.
It's got a fresh coat of paint on the outside.
It's seems to be repainted on the inside, the VIN tag has some paint on it.
Prolly no major accidents, as far as noob eyes can tell.

No Type R gear knob, Salesman don't know where the second key is.
Rust stains all over, can't find rust corrosion but there are the copper-ish rust marks near most of the hinges front and back.
The drain hole at the spare tyre compartment seems to be destroyed. i can see thick welding marks around it. Not sure exactly what is it tho, or if it is supposed to be that way, never really checked one to that detail before because no other car ever fell to my price range before :P

Using some China made tyre at the front, seats pretty worn. carpets pretty worn as well.
Wasn't able to take it for a spin tho. Can't really compare.

Pros:
It's cheaper :P
Really low milage. 21k iirc (unless those can be tempered with)

Bump: added, the code is
LA-DC5
ED5-1004434
Type R
S6M2 0C0-NH0
Hi all.. just to share.. i came across this particular car as well.. not that i'm looking for a DC5, just happen that I bumped into this one..

yes it is 'cheap'.. but the condition is less than satisfactory.. had a quick check and the interior parts seems to be not integrated properly.. don't know.. they seem to be not right.. probably car was stripped earlier and put back on. non-original gear knob.. a lot of scratches on the lower side of the door panels.. glovebox loose! engine vibrates quite a lot! mounting kaput? mileage only 21k, cannot be right? 3 back windows (rear and sides) have been replaced with standard colour (not dark). salesman said coz puspakom. wiper hole can be seen for the back interior but no wiper for rear windscreen? is this normal?

i am pretty sure this is a type-r.. but the condition.. aiyahh..

rev555

Known Member
Dec 30, 2007
Hi all.. just to share.. i came across this particular car as well.. not that i'm looking for a DC5, just happen that I bumped into this one..

yes it is 'cheap'.. but the condition is less than satisfactory.. had a quick check and the interior parts seems to be not integrated properly.. don't know.. they seem to be not right.. probably car was stripped earlier and put back on. non-original gear knob.. a lot of scratches on the lower side of the door panels.. glovebox loose! engine vibrates quite a lot! mounting kaput? mileage only 21k, cannot be right? 3 back windows (rear and sides) have been replaced with standard colour (not dark). salesman said coz puspakom. wiper hole can be seen for the back interior but no wiper for rear windscreen? is this normal?

i am pretty sure this is a type-r.. but the condition.. aiyahh..
teach u some tips...if u wanna see the car milage..u look for the brake rotor..if 21k the rotor still look very new..if the rotor look makan lot..than im sure the meter was oledi ajust....trust me..this is the best tip to make sure the car is right milege.....:nurse:

Erik

Oct 16, 2008
checked out 2 black integras over the weekend, 04 and 05 model unreg.
140ish and 150ish respectively quoted, did not negotiate as intention was to see condition only.
both cars are actually in mint condition, showroom mint I would say, hence the price I guess.
mileage was 20K ish ... did not check brake rotor however as per rev555.
interior is fine, nothing looks worn out.
high level look of the engine - very clean.
preferred of course is the 05 model (facelift one) but tooooo pricey still :slug:

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
checked out 2 black integras over the weekend, 04 and 05 model unreg.
140ish and 150ish respectively quoted, did not negotiate as intention was to see condition only.
both cars are actually in mint condition, showroom mint I would say, hence the price I guess.
mileage was 20K ish ... did not check brake rotor however as per rev555.
interior is fine, nothing looks worn out.
high level look of the engine - very clean.
preferred of course is the 05 model (facelift one) but tooooo pricey still :slug:
PM me your contact no. depending on stock, i can get u a 2005 facelifted model at around 140k-ish.

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
Good tip from Rev555 !!!

and also , for god's sake people,

a) PLEASE check the VIN plate
b) Look for signs of rust in the undercarriage (flood case cars!)
c) if suspicious of car year of manufacture, try looking for the tags on other parts of the car, such as seat belts, plastic plates, etc for their year of manufacture.

nashlovebrown

2,000 RPM
Aug 26, 2005
kl
i tested the DC5 in klang rm108k . previous owner is a indian lady but sure she is not driving it la. quite fast also for standard because i tested another DC5 standard ermmmm got different abit la in pickup and speed. i affraid its come with racing clutch because the clutch was quite hard abit not so sure. anyone tested it?? the brembo disk look quite new also and engine sound quite nice not so vibrate specially when the vtec open at 5.5 rpm wowwwwwww.. sound more nicer hehe...

Bump: i tested the DC5 in klang rm108k . previous owner is a indian lady but sure she is not driving it la. quite fast also for standard because i tested another DC5 standard ermmmm got different abit la in pickup and speed. i affraid its come with racing clutch because the clutch was quite hard abit not so sure. anyone tested it?? the brembo disk look quite new also and engine sound quite nice not so vibrate specially when the vtec open at 5.5 rpm wowwwwwww.. sound more nicer hehe...

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
Nash,

there's alot of difference between opening at 5.5k to 6k , can you determine/ascertain the v-tec cross-over point?

did you notice any v-tec controllers stuck on the dash / next to gear stick?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bmw e90 320i or honda edix better??plsssss.....

Hi fellas :wavey:,

I have a question for beloved ZTH members (hope dont "tiaw" me..:adore:), before the questions, here some info regarding that matter :

I'm planning to buy above car, either bmw e90 320i/honda edix.
I'm randomly survey the price for bmw e90 320i production made from 2005 till 2007 is around 95k to 120k and the honda edix production made from 2004 till 2006 is around 75k till 85k.
My gross salary somewhere around 3.8k...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience