Dato’ Sri Haji Syed Zainal And Azhar bin Othman Leaves PROTON

Jay

Known Member
Mar 6, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

This just in - PROTON Holdings Berhad (PROTON) today wishes to confirm the resignation of Dato’ Sri Haji Syed Zainal Abidin Syed Mohamed Tahir as the Group Managing Director of PROTON Holdings Berhad (PROTON), effective 4th July 2012.

PROTON goes on further to thank Dato’ Sri Haji Syed Zainal for his contributions to the company, having contributed greatly over the last 6 years.

According to PROTON, Dato’ Sri Haji Syed Zainal has decided to leave PROTON on his own accord to pursue his own interests and they’ve respected his decision.

Furthermore, Chief Financial Officer Encik Azhar bin Othman from PROTON has also announced his resignation, effective 6th July 2012.

However, with the departure of both men, Dato’ Sri Syed Zainal and Encik Azhar bin Othman; the Executive Chairman of PROTON, Dato’ Sri Haji Mohd Khamil Jamil, will continue his leadership role in steering the Company forward.

We can only wonder what lies ahead for our Malaysian Automaker.

Attachments

bluebirdgt

Dec 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Syed Zainal tried to buy the Proton share before purchase by DRB-HICOM. Rumour has it that Syed Zainal and his team tried to purchase the Proton share at a higher price but failed.

With DRB-HICOM, he will not have much control like now, and he is not willing to sacrifice is work discipline, therefore resignation is the only way.

Hope the new management of Proton will drive Proton forward and not like previous management where using same chassis for a very long time...

AMINT

Known Member
Jun 19, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
What???!!! How could they lose such a good CEO. Proton is already on the correct track to success and suddenly potong stim.

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
omg..i suddenly think his face is just like Preve.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
a new dynasty setting foot in proton soon.....

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Never had any good regards for proton (previous proton user also don't bash please). But I must say that after this guy joined Proton, there are many significant changes that were brought about. He has really brought proton to the next level. This is such a loss. But maybe it is a good thing for him as he deserves a break. From the moment he joined Proton until now, I have observed that he is losing weight gradually. Not a strange thing either as I can imagine this is not an easy corporation to manage. Too many strings attached to too many cronies.

Well done Dato!