Custom Y-Pipe For A32/A33

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
edgar_raphael,

The R34 rear muffler build in pressure valve, and after certain pressure build up, the second flow will open.

The Apexi S Flow are really good, last time when i use on the VEs, the power are very much similar to the straight flow and even create the "PoP" sound like the straight flow (but not too loud)

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
i was using the apexi Megaphone, a d than to another brand (forgot whats the brand) both are very good

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
i think most jap brands r good...but the prob if u buy used exhaust: how long they will last?? if u r lucky, u will get those that r very new (like less than 30,000km)...yet most ppl also dont care (like me) hahahah
coz new japanese muffler will set u back around rm1.5k n above!!! while those from halfcut, around rm300++...to find the best around, u will need to make friends with those chop shop ppl...

ceffy32

Known Member
Oct 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Guys,

Just got my cefiro A33 2.0 downpipe( Y-pipe) replaced, by removing 2 cat-con, 1.8 inch piping all the way from runner until center box( silencer?).

Significant improvement on low-end power, sufficient torque given around 2k RPM, mid is still acceptable, but top end power has recede, FC had increase as well, from 400km per tank to 350km per tank(50% HW 50% city).

I've not change my rear muffler and center box, as it should be, noise level had increase 15-20%. If i wanted to balanced out top end power and low end power, which part of the exhaust system need to be changed? S-flow muffler is currently in my wish list, or perhaps a bullet replacing the center box. Guys, do u need to fix my piping (from the Y-joint all the way out) to a larger diameter piping, say 2.0?

Really hope to get enlightened...

Thanks.

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Bro,

Care to share where you did it and the cost?
i'm using A33 3L. I think my exhaust is going to crack soon...

Nice to hear that you manage to get getter Torque and FC after getting the Y pipe and losing the Cats.

I'm using RON97 still and a tank full can get me about 420km~450km depending on mood.
(I'm using Piggy Back ECU)

Maybe you can try UniChip and see if you can get better FC??

Ultimate Cefiro

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2006
joey~~ its been ages din c u lar~~ u still driving ur feilo ar?? muahahaha have u do anything to ur baby??????

ceffy32

Known Member
Oct 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Bro,

Care to share where you did it and the cost?
i'm using A33 3L. I think my exhaust is going to crack soon...

Nice to hear that you manage to get getter Torque and FC after getting the Y pipe and losing the Cats.

I'm using RON97 still and a tank full can get me about 420km~450km depending on mood.
(I'm using Piggy Back ECU)

Maybe you can try UniChip and see if you can get better FC??
Did it at JFA, 2 flex pipe, 1 long 1 short 1.8 piping RM480, i would say it's a little expensive.

which piggy back u're using? mind briefly explain the difference of piggyback and unichip?(while i'm doing my research on it as well)

guys, if i changed the centre bullet and muffler, can i get better FC? it's really horrible now, 70-80km/quater, same driving habit as before (rev once a while).

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
joey~~ its been ages din c u lar~~ u still driving ur feilo ar?? muahahaha have u do anything to ur baby??????
I'm doing well....yeah. Still with my Feilo.
No much time for mods liao..
Only maintain and fix what is giving problem.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Did it at JFA, 2 flex pipe, 1 long 1 short 1.8 piping RM480, i would say it's a little expensive.

which piggy back u're using? mind briefly explain the difference of piggyback and unichip?(while i'm doing my research on it as well)

guys, if i changed the centre bullet and muffler, can i get better FC? it's really horrible now, 70-80km/quater, same driving habit as before (rev once a while).
I'm using MAP ECU. (from NZ)
You can google UniChip. If you wanted to know more, can check out the workshop in Puchong Utama.

ceffy32

Known Member
Oct 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
it will definitely improve FC, but the price is way too much for a N/A car since it's not gonna help gaining much HP on N/A car. correct me if im wrong.

will look into S-flow muff and bullet 1st, any recommended one? S-flow muffler, any chop shop famous with their 'chopped' muffler..? inlet and outlet piping size?

Last edited:

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
it will definitely improve FC, but the price is way too much for a N/A car since it's not gonna help gaining much HP on N/A car. correct me if im wrong.

will look into S-flow muff and bullet 1st, any recommended one? S-flow muffler, any chop shop famous with their 'chopped' muffler..? inlet and outlet piping size?
Hi ceffy32 , Waa this is a very old thread. You will not gain much (if any) HP from changing S flow muffler . Infact, if you change the wrong one it might even decrease your torque! I would stick to the ori muffler and change the centre bullet (B- section). Moreover noisy muffler will attract the cops and jpj !

Not advisable to change piping size unless you have turbo'd your car . If you really want to change max size = 2.2". Anything bigger will slowdown your car.

Just my 2 cents.

SB3.
:biggrin::biggrin:

ceffy32

Known Member
Oct 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
i get to know that stock muffler is very restrictive and usually gives much more backpressure than what is actually needed for the engine, and that's why i came to the idea of changing it..haha..

anyway, any suggested workshop to get a good bullet? hope changing it wont worsen my torque...

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
i get to know that stock muffler is very restrictive and usually gives much more backpressure than what is actually needed for the engine, and that's why i came to the idea of changing it..haha..

anyway, any suggested workshop to get a good bullet? hope changing it wont worsen my torque...
Could not recommend a specific shop but any workshop welder that listens to their customers needs and have good welding skills would do . JFA,Wei Yip, Wai Heng , etc. Just keep a close look during the welding process (Not directly at the welding spot) and make sure the diameter in the bullet is the same size with your piping, otherwise it will be more restrictive then the ori.

**Preferably Mandrel Bend***

BTW, I am currently using an "Aristo twin paip Silencer, Increase torque without the noise, hehe..

:burnout::burnout:

Last edited:

ceffy32

Known Member
Oct 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
i afraid JFA's price is too expensive, because it's basically the welding of both end, any workshop can do it well i guess..AutoEquipped at puchong seems selling a lot of exhaust parts...

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
i afraid JFA's price is too expensive, because it's basically the welding of both end, any workshop can do it well i guess..AutoEquipped at puchong seems selling a lot of exhaust parts...
Well, if you can get a ready made exhaust parts, much better . It will be screwed on every section of the piping instead of welding . That would look terrific. But I doubt that the exhaust shop have it for the A32/33:biggrin:.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

In the same event, Bermaz Motor also introduced a diesel option for its mid-size crossover, the CX-5 SkyActiv-D.

What's the deal?

Like the Mazda6, this new CX-5 SkyActiv-D is also equipped with Mazda's super-efficient and environmentally-friendly diesel...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience