Custom car registration

Mar 16, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Registering a custom built car

Guys, I've recently been entertaining this idea of commissioning a replica of a 1960's street-legal racecar. This is new to me. As I intend to drive it, is there a possibility of having it brought in to be insured and registered locally for road use? Can somebody with knowledge or possibly experience in the area point me in the right direction?

Last edited:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
U need to go ask JPJ :biggrin:

Bring all doc n some pics

But i need to remind u that our gov is trying to get rid of old cars.. So, don't go there with high expectation

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
not really ridding old cars. The hidden agenda was to sell more local-production cars. Suprisingly the old skools kept soldiering on and gathered more fans instead...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I got 2 words for you. GOOD LUCK.

the guy is not registering a classic car. he is thinking of building a kit car. from scratch. lol. I doubt JPJ will ever approve that.

EDIT: Or get someone to build a kit car for him, from scratch.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Re: Registering a custom built car

Guys, I've recently been entertaining this idea of commissioning a replica of a 1960's street-legal racecar. This is new to me. As I intend to drive it, is there a possibility of having it brought in to be insured and registered locally for road use? Can somebody with knowledge or possibly experience in the area point me in the right direction?
it maybe legal in uk/us

but apparently the way the JPJ work and regulating the law wasn't even close to those above....

unless, u somehow can kawtim with caterham/bufori to do the paperwork and documentation on all engineering data including vin/engine number

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

This morning while I'm waiting for the engine to heat up, i saw white smoke coming out from my exhaust, the white smoke is not that bad as those motorbike smoke. What could this be ar? muffler going off soon? or? :unsure:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience