CRC MAF cleaner

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
tonight or tmr im gonna go brothers and see if they have this ...if they dont..i wont have a choice but to get it when im in kl..

thanks bro devilz for the detailed description.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
already gotten the CRC maf cleaner...got in singapore... $23. around rm50.

GEFORCEXTREME

Known Member
Nov 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Guys, you can get this in Brothers! In fact I have a can of this at home bought from there. But to those thinking of using it on Mitsubishi Karman Vortex MAF sensors, forget about it, because you only end up screwing the sensor! I'm talking from experience, and there is a warning behind the can saying not to use on Karman Vortex sensors, but I used it anyway after some idiot wrote in forum that Mitsubishi are hotwire.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Btw, I got mine from Brothers Jalan Ampang.

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
Guys, you can get this in Brothers! In fact I have a can of this at home bought from there. But to those thinking of using it on Mitsubishi Karman Vortex MAF sensors, forget about it, because you only end up screwing the sensor! I'm talking from experience, and there is a warning behind the can saying not to use on Karman Vortex sensors, but I used it anyway after some idiot wrote in forum that Mitsubishi are hotwire.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Btw, I got mine from Brothers Jalan Ampang.
Where along Jalan Ampang exactly?

I've been to Brothers along OKR & Bdr Baru Ampang..both do not carry MAF Cleaner, only electronic contact cleaner.

GEFORCEXTREME

Known Member
Nov 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
It definitely works, in that it cleans your MAF sensor to give more accurate reading. Dirty sensors can cause wrong readings leading to lower car performance.

sengasdf

Known Member
Feb 18, 2007
Kajang
It definitely works, in that it cleans your MAF sensor to give more accurate reading. Dirty sensors can cause wrong readings leading to lower car performance.
Hi, how often do we need to clean the MAF sensor? Like wait until the reading is not correct or certain KM interval? Thanks

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
I use cheap contact cleaner bought from general electrical shops and non of them fail me after not less than 40 times of use in this 5 years. (contact cleaner manufacture needs to thanks to K&N mushroom). What you need is to clean the MAF like using water jet to clean your car and need to wait for drying. After that, need to reset ECU to default (pull battery, depends on car) and start calibration procedure for short/long term fuel trim and etc (different car different procedure). I bought at RM9 per bottle of cheap electronic contact cleaner and I'm happy with it. Someone may argue the thin protecting wax film that left on by using contact cleaner (certain brand) but hey, please study what is MAF and how it works, vs how the film specification. RM50 for a bottle of spray? Not too bad if able to raise the sensor's sensitivity beyond the manufacture spec :rofl:

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Guys,
CRC MAF Cleaner can be obtained from Spare part shop near State PJ Police station. I think it is called Fook Bee I bought it from there...go check it out...The can will be displayed on the window... cant miss it.... I hope this helps....

Caarzee

Aug 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hi,

i bought the crc maf cleaner from this place.

Syarikat Aik Heng motor & Engineering Supply‎
No. 8, Section 8/1E, 46050 Petaling Jaya
46050, Malaysia
03-7957-2602

if you have gps or googlemap with you, here's the coordinate

if you want to know where you can get one near your place, call CRC Malaysia.
CRC Industries

the marketing manager was helpful to find one near my workplace.

i still have half the can left. best if you can share it around, otherwise, the remaining half can will sit around for sometime.

thanks.

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Can it be used on those EVO3 MAF sensors? Where to get them in jb or sg??