CPS (Cam Profile Switching) vs VVTI vs DVVT

Mar 21, 2008
in short, every engine capablities have diff ways to maximized its power and diff method to play with it, not forgeting the car size, suspension design, and most of all the driver.

so whoever started this thread, god bless him :rofl:

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
in short, every engine capablities have diff ways to maximized its power and diff method to play with it, not forgeting the car size, suspension design, and most of all the driver.

so whoever started this thread, god bless him :rofl:

Wah...give chance la bro. Just treat me as a dummy who doesn't know anything lor... cheers:biggrin:

pakram

Known Member
May 11, 2009
Hi Guys,
Just wanna know if anyone had any experience on the new Proton CPS engine management?....

If compared to VVTI or DVVT, would it have any advantages or disadvantages?... how about fuel comsumption and how about the performance in terms of acceleration and top speed...?

Just share your inputs...this is an open discussion..

Cheer:rofl:
Pity on u Mr.GSR06...May I help u with my little bit xprience n opinion....
CPS compared to VVTi or DVVT...:-
A) Performance ...
* Pick-up
1) DVVT
2) VVTi
3) CPS
* Long
1) CPS
2) VVTi
3) DVVT

B) Fuel Efficiency ...
1) DVVT
2) VVTi
3) CPS

C) Advantegeos/Disadvantegoes ...
1) DVVT
Advan --> hardly R&D by TOYOTA & DAIHATSU plus with PERODUA..(3 R&D made) ..this tech is base from VVTi
Disadvan > some politic involved in this 3 car manufacturer will effect others fact such like every R&D not 100% shared with themself..
2) VVTi
Advan --> hardly R&D by TOYOTA, founder of Variable Valve Timing using rocker arm system..
Disadvan > high cost to maintain, moderate finding spare parts.
3) CPS
Advan --> R&D influenced by europe technology, easy spare parts, by Malaysian
Disadvan > not very suitable with Malaysian culture (driving culture + environment fact ex..wheather, road)..middle range R&D...

Well, statement above is influent by different car weight, gear transmition ratio, combusion engine design, aerodynamic fact, engine capacity ..n etc... that mean... all 3 technology seemly similiar on about performance, fuel, n others if apply these technologies into 1 single engine system... Just the diff is the design..These technology, car is made to fullfill market requirement n needed...example...'If want to buy a car..hav to ask self demand n interest..' This mean...these car's R&D is diff & unique...But.., I can say all these tech is GOOD...!!

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Pity on u Mr.GSR06...May I help u with my little bit xprience n opinion....
CPS compared to VVTi or DVVT...:-
A) Performance ...
* Pick-up
1) DVVT
2) VVTi
3) CPS
* Long
1) CPS
2) VVTi
3) DVVT

B) Fuel Efficiency ...
1) DVVT
2) VVTi
3) CPS

C) Advantegeos/Disadvantegoes ...
1) DVVT
Advan --> hardly R&D by TOYOTA & DAIHATSU plus with PERODUA..(3 R&D made) ..this tech is base from VVTi
Disadvan > some politic involved in this 3 car manufacturer will effect others fact such like every R&D not 100% shared with themself..
2) VVTi
Advan --> hardly R&D by TOYOTA, founder of Variable Valve Timing using rocker arm system..
Disadvan > high cost to maintain, moderate finding spare parts.
3) CPS
Advan --> R&D influenced by europe technology, easy spare parts, by Malaysian
Disadvan > not very suitable with Malaysian culture (driving culture + environment fact ex..wheather, road)..middle range R&D...

Well, statement above is influent by different car weight, gear transmition ratio, combusion engine design, aerodynamic fact, engine capacity ..n etc... that mean... all 3 technology seemly similiar on about performance, fuel, n others if apply these technologies into 1 single engine system... Just the diff is the design..These technology, car is made to fullfill market requirement n needed...example...'If want to buy a car..hav to ask self demand n interest..' This mean...these car's R&D is diff & unique...But.., I can say all these tech is GOOD...!!

Thannks so much for the details... which technology you like most? Just one Q, why you rated CPS as #1 for the top end? Just curious to know more.

Wondering if anyone could post the top speed with photo on the speedometer with these technologies?... It is fun to know the top speed huh:biggrin:

Cheers!!!

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Need to take note that Gen2 chasis is heavy compare with other :biggrin:

Bump: Need to take note that Gen2 chasis is heavy compare with other :biggrin:

sphiroth

Known Member
Apr 22, 2005
Thannks so much for the details... which technology you like most? Just one Q, why you rated CPS as #1 for the top end? Just curious to know more.

Wondering if anyone could post the top speed with photo on the speedometer with these technologies?... It is fun to know the top speed huh:biggrin:

Cheers!!!
I don't know bout vvti, but DVVT seems to be out of breath after 4k rpm...

Bump:

Cheers!!!

pakram

Known Member
May 11, 2009

Cheers!!!
No prob bro...Its fun to share ideas & experients..

Im acctually like most on stablize performance (accelerate + top speed)...which is VTEC...

But, for these technologies discusced.... I will choose DVVT..because it have more benefits & suitable for most Malaysian...

Statement shown before is based on 3 models :-

CPS

Satria NEO CPS manual, top speed tested is almost 190 km/h...Im also compared with Waja CPS & Gen2 CPS...not much different...but the rank is:-
1) Waja
2) Neo
3) Gen2 (not very stable = dangerous to stay top)

VVTi

Vios 1.5J manual, top speed tested is almost 180km/h...

DVVT

Myvi 1.3SX manual, top speed tested is almost 165km/h...

I hope u will understand why I put CPS as #1 rated...

Sory bro..no picture...take it by urself...I dont want waste my life...

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006

Bump:

I don't have experience with DVVT though...you mean the torque starts to drop after 4k? Which gear are you referring to?

Bump:
No prob bro...Its fun to share ideas & experients..

Im acctually like most on stablize performance (accelerate + top speed)...which is VTEC...

But, for these technologies discusced.... I will choose DVVT..because it have more benefits & suitable for most Malaysian...

Statement shown before is based on 3 models :-

CPS

Satria NEO CPS manual, top speed tested is almost 190 km/h...Im also compared with Waja CPS & Gen2 CPS...not much different...but the rank is:-
1) Waja
2) Neo
3) Gen2 (not very stable = dangerous to stay top)

VVTi

Vios 1.5J manual, top speed tested is almost 180km/h...

DVVT

Myvi 1.3SX manual, top speed tested is almost 165km/h...

I hope u will understand why I put CPS as #1 rated...

Sory bro..no picture...take it by urself...I dont want waste my life...

Bro, people have tested Waja and its top speed is exceeding 200km/h and for Vios, it is the same top speed as well. Maybe it is the driver's problem that the car can't reach 200km/h:proud:..and how would Neo would be slower than Waja in terms of top speed. BTW, I forgot to ask the time to reach the top speed for each category.

Yeah, no problem on the photo...I have driven ~220km/h in my drive before..

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site

Bump:

dvvt on a kembara, you mean?

cuz that's somewhat how i felt lor.
it's kinda revvy, but that thing is like all rev and no torque after 4+K rpm?

company car, btw.. auto tranny, so i reckon manual would perform better. :biggrin:

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
www.onlyinmalaysiamah.com
dvvt on a kembara, you mean?

cuz that's somewhat how i felt lor.
it's kinda revvy, but that thing is like all rev and no torque after 4+K rpm?

company car, btw.. auto tranny, so i reckon manual would perform better. :biggrin:
The Kembara in Manual is fun~! In fact it is very nippy around town

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
CPS kicks in well...VVTI is smoother. Can compare charts. But we are talking stock right? Haha.

By the way Achmed...I've just put in Matspeed cams...I pray they dont hike up petrol prices yet!

sphiroth

Known Member
Apr 22, 2005
DVVT as in Myvi 1.3 MT. No matter what gear, the torque decrease after 4k rpm.

pakram

Known Member
May 11, 2009
Bro, people have tested Waja and its top speed is exceeding 200km/h and for Vios, it is the same top speed as well. Maybe it is the driver's problem that the car can't reach 200km/h:proud:..and how would Neo would be slower than Waja in terms of top speed. BTW, I forgot to ask the time to reach the top speed for each category.

Yeah, no problem on the photo...I have driven ~220km/h in my drive before..
Yes bro.... no prob... All cars tested is in the same environment, stock mode(new car), straight lane, flat, same driver, 1 speed meter,..& involved actual distance & time calculations.. maintain top about 10-15s...For neo & waja 0-100km/h is not much diff.. about 10s..but Neo fast a few sec than Waja to reach 190km/h (29s)...waja recorded top speed is about 194km/h(31s)....Vios top speed 180km/h (28s)...Myvi...165km/h (27s)....

About the pic...May God Bless U...

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
CPS kicks in well...VVTI is smoother. Can compare charts. But we are talking stock right? Haha.

By the way Achmed...I've just put in Matspeed cams...I pray they dont hike up petrol prices yet!
Frank118,
Any difference when you used Matspeed cams? I mean in terms of acceleration and top speed. People say it is hard to get a balanced point btw acceleration and top speed using modified cams. Is that right?

Have you tried MIVEC or VTEC? When the power starts to kick in, it is even syiok...:proud:

Bump:
Yes bro.... no prob... All cars tested is in the same environment, stock mode(new car), straight lane, flat, same driver, 1 speed meter,..& involved actual distance & time calculations.. maintain top about 10-15s...For neo & waja 0-100km/h is not much diff.. about 10s..but Neo fast a few sec than Waja to reach 190km/h (29s)...waja recorded top speed is about 194km/h(31s)....Vios top speed 180km/h (28s)...Myvi...165km/h (27s)....

About the pic...May God Bless U...
Bro, forget about the pic...anyway, good sharing though. Cheers :proud: