converting v6 to b8

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
hello everyone..i have questions to ask the sifus here.

my car is a v6 1.8l mazda. i want to convert it to b8t. my problem is:-

(1) some ppl say mounting is the same some say no
(2) my car is run digital speedometer signals. if convert to b8t means i need to change to analogue meter too?
(3) how much is complete b8t engine (210 and 180) selling now?
I dont need halfcut because I cant use the body parts.
(4) how to differentiate b8 210 and b8 180?
(5) besides mazda engines, have anyone tried to put other engines into a 323 or lantis?

THANKS TO ALL THE SIFUS!

Last edited:

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
pls help....

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
thanks...but i dun think can help much..coz lantis v6 and my v6 a bit diff..
different wiring...mounting not sure la..:)

ondgennis

Known Member
Sep 29, 2004
Malacca
hello everyone..i have questions to ask the sifus here.

my car is a v6 1.8l mazda. i want to convert it to b8t. my problem is:-

(1) some ppl say mounting is the same some say no
(2) my car is run digital speedometer signals. if convert to b8t means i need to change to analogue meter too?
(3) how much is complete b8t engine (210 and 180) selling now?
I dont need halfcut because I cant use the body parts.
(4) how to differentiate b8 210 and b8 180?
(5) besides mazda engines, have anyone tried to put other engines into a 323 or lantis?

THANKS TO ALL THE SIFUS!
1. if ur mounting is same to lantis 1.6/1.8, then it same to B8 one lo. because my B8 on lantis, also use the same mounting.
2. i not sure about this, but u should able to convert the the signal to suit ur digital speedo meter. if u using those old gearbox then might have some problem la. but lantis got digital speedometer?
3. not sure but heard 210 over 7k aleady
4. from the look i guess u will not able to differentiate both engine. because only the turbo, air flow meter and ECU have diff code. the 180 turbo very very small one...hehehe..u can try find the old tread, discuss many times n have the part number there also.
5. not sure

since u have 1.8 v6, y not just swap the block to KLZE one. i heard the job is straight forward only. with 2.5L, sure it will be very nice one...hehehe

if u plan to B8t, then u might need to source a new gearbox also. i not sure ur gearbox same to the KFZE or not, if same then it cant be use for B8T. a friend from uk also prove this already.

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
yes fren..i read alot from mx-3.com about the KLZE..but i think its not easy to source parts for KLZE here. I'm worried bout that. so far i've never seen any klze here..yes the klze is very nice. 200bhp!
anyways k8 head doesnt fit into KLZE block. and the k8 intake manifold is too restrictive for klze.
and i need an aftermarket ECM to tune the klze, and klze ahs 4 O2 sensors while k8 has only 2.
if can source a complete KLZE(with ecu,sensors and harness), then it should be much more easier..

my engine is currently using b8 clutch, and my gearbox should fit any b6/b8...but im not very sure bout the gearbox issue.

thanks for your information. its really a headache driving a mx3... :(
the parts are rojak from tx3 and tx5

anyway im still worried bout spareparts for KLZE. so far i never really seen one klze in malaysia.

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
dude,
if u r interested, there's a fren of mine saying something about this 210 engine with wiring and stuff up for sale.around rm2k i guess.

0196345150 atan.

try give him a call...speak malay!hehe...

ondgennis

Known Member
Sep 29, 2004
Malacca
but impossible woo..last time when i go shop with my friend at kedai potong. there are a lot of KLZE on the floor...all are auto one. and the price is a lot cheaper...some engine kosong without gearbox only sold around 1k. for part should be no problem because if not mistaken these 3 engine K8, KF and KL all swapable. that mean the 626 or telstar v6 at there, those part also can be use.

about sensor part that one i really not sure.

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
erm.....k8 and kf is just like 1.6 and 1.8. erm..kf is just an overbored block. but klze is a bigger in terms of dimension..and blah blah...i scared very hard to find parts like bearings and gaskets..hehe..
oh....one k only?wow...not bad..can think bout it..:)
telstar is kf..if not mistaken..i once thought that the mazda mpv 2.5l v6 is using the klze.but actually its not.

which kedai potong u went?
wah..should introduce your mx3 friend to me.
ask your friend to visit www.mx-3.com
it helps alot. visit the forum

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
oh..subang or usj? long time never go chopshops there already..anyways how is your B8t behaving? good?

ondgennis

Known Member
Sep 29, 2004
Malacca
ya..so far so good...
i bought the car come with the engine. the previous owner have run it almost a year plus become come to my hand...
so far no major problem :)

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
haha..i decided not to convert... not enough money....haha..thanks for your info!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Satria 1.3 ( 4g13 ) Upgrade to 1.8( 4g93 ) by half cut
i wan to ask....1.3 straight go to 1.8 can use pass it by kopi duit or not? ^^:biggrin::biggrin:
maybe how much kopi money i have to pay it ???:hmmmm::hmmmm::adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience