converting awd to 2wd

BlueSamurai

Known Member
Jun 21, 2006
haha i am from all the way down south. Actually i have no idea Malaysia got so many ATRs.

So just to ascertain; correct me if i am wrong. So in FF guise, the transfer case is still there right? the front diff is in the transfer case, and that the driveshafts are fed into the transfer case. I assume they are in equal length and identical?

AvanT

Custom fabricator & CNC machining
Mar 20, 2009
Our AWD transfer case is a must use component that bolts-on directly to the gearbox, doesn't matter whether we're running auto or manual gearbox, FWD or AWD. As U can see in the following pic, took down my transfer case from my car during my 2WD conversion. U gotta use it coz the front-right driveshaft comes out of the AWD transfer case.

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
once u wield the center diff,there is no undo unless change the whole gearbox.

BlueSamurai

Known Member
Jun 21, 2006
ok and the left comes out of the gearbox? so with that, the left & right driveshafts are different lengths, like an FF car?

AvanT

Mar 20, 2009
once u wield the center diff,there is no undo unless change the whole gearbox.
No need to change the whole gearbox bro, just replace the whole transfer case OR the center diff will do if U want to go back to AWD.

ST1979

Jan 18, 2013
Singapore
Hi all airtreker here, i am new to the club. i have been reading this thread for some time and seriously considerating to convert my ATR to FWD. I could not find anyone in down south to do it for me . Guess only Ah Wah is the guy to go to. I need some feedback from you guys any issues so far since your modification? Does the FC really go down beside better response?

BTW, i am from Sin...

AvanT

Mar 20, 2009
Hi all airtreker here, i am new to the club. i have been reading this thread for some time and seriously considerating to convert my ATR to FWD. I could not find anyone in down south to do it for me . Guess only Ah Wah is the guy to go to. I need some feedback from you guys any issues so far since your modification? Does the FC really go down beside better response?

BTW, i am from Sin...
Welcome to our new Airtreker club bro ST.
Yes...U'll get better mileage & better response with the Airtrek after converting to 2WD =)

AvanT

Mar 20, 2009
Thinking of converting... Izzit really save a lot petrol ar?
Can share ur experience...
Hi cytien,
I have a Evo7 5-speed manual gear box driving front wheels only, getting better acceleration and fuel economy. I can average 430-450km for 50-liters ron95 petrol.

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
definitely better acceleration because pulling only 2 wheels.
fc fully depends on ur foot.after conversion it still behave like an 2.0 car.

cytien

Known Member
Sep 25, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys, thanks for the reply...
50 litre 430km very geng lerr..
I light footed only achieve 360..
Looks like going visit ah-Wah soon...

AvanT

Mar 20, 2009
Hi guys, thanks for the reply...
50 litre 430km very geng lerr..
I light footed only achieve 360..
Looks like going visit ah-Wah soon...
360km per tank is normal for a std trek. Bro Kaninbu should be able to give u an idea how far a 2wd trek with auto box can go. Mine is special case coz I'm running manual box and tuned for better fuel consumption :)

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Km/L perhaps?

Rm50 - 220km

Ron 95 = 9.24km/L
Ron 97 = 12.54 km/L

I believed its 95. Very saving man.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

In desperate attempt to protect my black dashboard from cracks, I coated it with dashboard shine

with COSWAY dashboard shine gell.

It was RM6.50 distributor price per 375ml bottle

It was stated on the bottle as being able to protect against dulling, cracking and against UV, UB or whatever U rays..

Its already many months I coated my dashboard with the product and I find that the shine quite irritating, especially when it reflects the sun, glare into my eyes while driving...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience