Conversion GSR 1.8 Turbo (4G93T) - Wira/Satria/Putra

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
Wahhh so fast already going for 1 bar. Me after 1.5 years my car came out only I went for 1 bar :burnout:

Really copy me eh, 3" tabung and 3" exhaust straight flow :laugh:

Should've up your piping to 3" though, and also your downpipe if possible, upgrade it larger as well.

Did your mech do the oil pump pressure relief valve mod though?

This guy don't reply PM wan walao :laugh: Currently back edi for now, tomorrow might or might not be going outstation again, so see how....
The part of 1 bar kena racun one. After kena racun by tuner, so ngam send car to dyno and tune for AFR and fuel mapping, sekali terus 1 bar jer lah hahahaha!

Tried the setup for exhaust. So far so good. But planning maybe one more bullet or midbox, likely is midbox, to reduce the exhaust roaring when on boost. Want low profile exhaust cause my BOV loud as hell

Downpipe and piping, tak mau sentuh for now. Want complete supporting mods and tuning first hahahahaha

Oil pump pressure relief valve mod? He did fuel regulator so far. What’s that ooo

Psps bro, not so familiar with PM function in ZTH. Tea on me! Lai, I PM you my mobile number then can lepak jap hahahaha

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
TS, do report hows the car handle in cornering. Thanks.
Hi bro! So far, the handling is not up to expectations yet, imo. The height and clicks still has major room for improvements. So far the front has 2 finger gap without driver/passenger, 6k springs, 7 clicks soft>hard. While the back has 3.5 finger gap without load, 4k springs, 7 clicks soft>hard. Feeling a little wobbly, perhaps even crashy to say, and on boost doesnt feel securely planted enough. Need more experiment.

Tentatively planning 2.5 finger front without load, 6 clicks soft>hard, meanwhile rear 3.5 finger without load and 4 clicks soft>hard. Hopefully all goes well with 205/50/16 rubber.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Hi bro! So far, the handling is not up to expectations yet, imo. The height and clicks still has major room for improvements. So far the front has 2 finger gap without driver/passenger, 6k springs, 7 clicks soft>hard. While the back has 3.5 finger gap without load, 4k springs, 7 clicks soft>hard. Feeling a little wobbly, perhaps even crashy to say, and on boost doesnt feel securely planted enough. Need more experiment.

Tentatively planning 2.5 finger front without load, 6 clicks soft>hard, meanwhile rear 3.5 finger without load and 4 clicks soft>hard. Hopefully all goes well with 205/50/16 rubber.
Handling is tricky part. Slowly experiment with the setting. Once got confident then booosst.. lol

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
Handling is tricky part. Slowly experiment with the setting. Once got confident then booosst.. lol
True! Handling is so darn tricky. Everytime the car goes on boost, can feel the car doesn’t grip that well now even with new ps4 205/50/16 all round. Need more fine tuning :confused:

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
Now I have one tricky issue about my gearbox.

First, it feels very rough when driving off from standstills. Feels rough vibration going through the whole car. The gear change is smooth though when moving.

Second, when moving from standstills and throttle forward, it’ll feel like cannot makan gear then boom, it moves hard (not like on boost feel, but like gear finally masuk properly).

I not sure if this is the characteristics of locked 4wd gearbox, or if the locking wasnt done well, or worst still, signs of gearbox dying. Any thoughts? It’s automatic 4-speed GSR gearbox. :confused:

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
Dyno results are out! With RON95, 1 bar boost, and 4-speed GSR 4wd locked gearbox, results generated are 175-177 wheel horsepower. On crank, 200+-?

Though, I have done metal gasket 1.8mm and ARP head studs while doing top overhaul. Also, using Evo 3 intercooler, instead of GSR side intercooler. Is this number considered healthy for GSR?

Attachments

Reactions: Izso

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
Need advise!

RPM Hunting (high/low fluctuations and rough idle when aircond on)
It seems like my GSR is hunting rpm when idle with aircond on (high and low fluctuations). I notice it happens too when I turn my steering on idle. When I stop at a traffic light, gear is in Drive, and brakes are pressed, the idle goes quite bad and rough vibrations. Is these signs of my ISC gone bad? If yes, I’m considering to (1) change stepper motor or (2) mod Toyota / Denso FICD into it. Opinions and sharings needed, fellow bros!

Screeching Noise (aircond on, idle rev, screeching sound)
When my car idle with aircond on in Park or Neutral while revving a little, a screeching noise occured, loud. Any idea what’s the culprit? Sounds like belt noise or something.

Electric Fan Sound / Sharp High Radio Pitch Sound (when driving, the stronger the throttle pressed, the higher the “sound” comes in cabin)
This is seriously new to me. Some electric fan / sharp high radio pitch sound is generated when I press the throttle pedal (like TV3 closes channel at 1am and produce the “whinnnggg” sound non stop). The sound gets worse when i press even harder on throttle when driving. Any idea where is this coming from?

Last edited:

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
The part of 1 bar kena racun one. After kena racun by tuner, so ngam send car to dyno and tune for AFR and fuel mapping, sekali terus 1 bar jer lah hahahaha!

Tried the setup for exhaust. So far so good. But planning maybe one more bullet or midbox, likely is midbox, to reduce the exhaust roaring when on boost. Want low profile exhaust cause my BOV loud as hell

Downpipe and piping, tak mau sentuh for now. Want complete supporting mods and tuning first hahahahaha

Oil pump pressure relief valve mod? He did fuel regulator so far. What’s that ooo

Psps bro, not so familiar with PM function in ZTH. Tea on me! Lai, I PM you my mobile number then can lepak jap hahahaha
Downpipe will improve the performance definitely, if got budget terus do saja. Probably can add one more midbox 3" kot, but normal la sure will have exhaust sound when you tekan, but then again my own car I think the engine sounds louder than the exhaust when tekan though. What other supporting mods you have in plan?

Dyno results are out! With RON95, 1 bar boost, and 4-speed GSR 4wd locked gearbox, results generated are 175-177 wheel horsepower. On crank, 200+-?

Though, I have done metal gasket 1.8mm and ARP head studs while doing top overhaul. Also, using Evo 3 intercooler, instead of GSR side intercooler. Is this number considered healthy for GSR?
Hmmm, honestly the numbers are kinda lower than what I had anticipated, then again I'm used to looking at Manual numbers, not too sure about automatic. But the jump then dip in torque in the middle there, is it your gearbox slipping ka?

Evo 3 intercooler should be big enough kot, alot better than the stock GSR intercooler.

Need advise!

It seems like my GSR is hunting rpm when idle with aircond on (high and low fluctuations). I notice it happens too when I turn my steering on idle. Is these signs of my ISC gone bad? If yes, I’m considering to (1) change stepper motor or (2) mod Toyota / Denso FICD into it. Opinions and sharings needed, fellow bros!
Try to clean the MAF sensor first with contact cleaner see how. If really the stepper motor kong or going to kong, just replace it saja, I got contact if you want. Installing FICD is just putting a bandaid to the problem

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Need advise!

RPM Hunting (high/low fluctuations and rough idle when aircond on)
It seems like my GSR is hunting rpm when idle with aircond on (high and low fluctuations). I notice it happens too when I turn my steering on idle. When I stop at a traffic light, gear is in Drive, and brakes are pressed, the idle goes quite bad and rough vibrations. Is these signs of my ISC gone bad? If yes, I’m considering to (1) change stepper motor or (2) mod Toyota / Denso FICD into it. Opinions and sharings needed, fellow bros!

Screeching Noise (aircond on, idle rev, screeching sound)
When my car idle with aircond on in Park or Neutral while revving a little, a screeching noise occured, loud. Any idea what’s the culprit? Sounds like belt noise or something.

Electric Fan Sound / Sharp High Radio Pitch Sound (when driving, the stronger the throttle pressed, the higher the “sound” comes in cabin)
This is seriously new to me. Some electric fan / sharp high radio pitch sound is generated when I press the throttle pedal (like TV3 closes channel at 1am and produce the “whinnnggg” sound non stop). The sound gets worse when i press even harder on throttle when driving. Any idea where is this coming from?
Relax bro. Get everything sort out one by one. There's nothing swap in all OK see rainbow sunshine.
Solve the idle problem 1st. Change new isc. Agreed with bro @Nightstalker1993
Aircon kick in screeeching, go get it check. No big deal unless compressor problem.
Whinning sound u confirm not turbo spooling ?
Pls don feel demoralize.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Im thinking of buying a car and renting it out when im not using it. Is there a rental need for suzuki swift sport? Are hatchback easy to rent out?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience