Conversion GSR 1.8 Turbo (4G93T) - Wira/Satria/Putra

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
Let me rephrase, power loss in the torque converter........lol
Agreed. Torque converter would consume much of the torque. Anyhow, quite sure I’ll be satisfied with the power delivery. The current autobox should strike a balance for daily drive and occasional spirited driving.

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
hahaha. torque wise, it's plentiful. but power wise at the top end, not much. need 5th gear. hahaha
Top speed wont be too much of a factor for me i guess. It’s unlikely that I can drive above 180 most of the time anyway. IMO, i dont think it’s considerably safe/ideal to drive above 180 at malaysia roads with a wira chassis c97 despite that upgrades such as (1) autofoam done, (2) complete chassis bars, (3) bc racing v1 threaded coilovers, (4) enkei tuning rims with ps4 rubber, (5) stiff rings, and (6) reviving all suspension bushings *this is some car handling upgrades I’ve done*

Drive gentle, be gentle. Engine old jor. I’m getting old too. A little excitement when wanted is good enough hahahah

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Top speed wont be too much of a factor for me i guess. It’s unlikely that I can drive above 180 most of the time anyway. IMO, i dont think it’s considerably safe/ideal to drive above 180 at malaysia roads with a wira chassis c97 despite that upgrades such as (1) autofoam done, (2) complete chassis bars, (3) bc racing v1 threaded coilovers, (4) enkei tuning rims with ps4 rubber, (5) stiff rings, and (6) reviving all suspension bushings *this is some car handling upgrades I’ve done*

Drive gentle, be gentle. Engine old jor. I’m getting old too. A little excitement when wanted is good enough hahahah
LOL. My highway cruising speed is 140kmh. I think it mostly depends on the driver. :driver:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
LOL. My highway cruising speed is 140kmh. I think it mostly depends on the driver. :driver:
To me it all depends on the engine and chassis. We tend to find the 'sweet spot' where the engine felt effortless (most of the time in peak torque rpm range) and the noise is not bleeding our ears and the car is not all over the place.

However some just tend to mash the pedal regardless what vehicle they drive.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Owning my VR for like 19 years, I did until speed cut three times only. First time when engine newly transplanted, was wondering why car lost power.....lol Second time actual test going to airport customs and then on the way back, that time LCCT not open yet, that road not much people use. My ex colleague even gave me a speed cut defender which I did not install......hahhaha

Reactions: ^pomen_GTR^

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
To me it all depends on the engine and chassis. We tend to find the 'sweet spot' where the engine felt effortless (most of the time in peak torque rpm range) and the noise is not bleeding our ears and the car is not all over the place.

However some just tend to mash the pedal regardless what vehicle they drive.
my peak torque is at 4600rpm and my peak power is 6000 rpm (damn ridiculous for an autobox). so yeah, most of the time i will maintain driving at peak torque between 4000-4600 rpm. u always know where the sweet spot is when cruising.

Owning my VR for like 19 years, I did until speed cut three times only. First time when engine newly transplanted, was wondering why car lost power.....lol Second time actual test going to airport customs and then on the way back, that time LCCT not open yet, that road not much people use. My ex colleague even gave me a speed cut defender which I did not install......hahhaha
i still havent reach 240kmh on my stock speedometer. hahahahaha

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Just got my rims today Enkei Tuning SC33 16’ for rm1780. Four piece of rubber 205/50/16 ps4 at 1550 incl steel air cap, alignment, etc.

Cant wait!
now you are the "answer" for my own question.
PS4 quite cheap compare in Penang. Here 205/50/16 cost rm430/pcs.
KL price cheaper actually. Make me think go KL for rubber. lol...

Last edited:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

C97 chassis here too. No problem as long you gain the speed gradually and not launching from every stop. I have all your setup except stiff ring and foaming.
I drive manual gb lah btw. Car can hit 180 occasionally. Since is my daily drive, no way i going to push it everyday.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
my peak torque is at 4600rpm and my peak power is 6000 rpm (damn ridiculous for an autobox). so yeah, most of the time i will maintain driving at peak torque between 4000-4600 rpm. u always know where the sweet spot is when cruising.

i still havent reach 240kmh on my stock speedometer. hahahahaha
Peak torque nicer to drive....lol

My meter 220kph, but 190 cut, so cannot reach......hahhahhahaha

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
now you are the "answer" for my own question.
PS4 quite cheap compare in Penang. Here 205/50/16 cost rm430/pcs.
KL price cheaper actually. Make me think go KL for rubber. lol...
Told you before, come down change, then we can go makan some more......lol

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
C97 chassis here too. No problem as long you gain the speed gradually and not launching from every stop. I have all your setup except stiff ring and foaming.
I drive manual gb lah btw. Car can hit 180 occasionally. Since is my daily drive, no way i going to push it everyday.
You should try autofoaming. Felt miles apart for the chassis. Stiff ring, helps abit but not too distinctive imo. I’ll probably be cruising around 130-150 since the meaty torque band is between 3 to 4.5k rpm.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can this type of conversion still be done? considering current times...when everything is so strict?

very curious..cos i asked one jpj officer and the answer i got is...i dunno.

so wanna ask all the transplant sifus out there who juz did the above said transplant...

for eg : merc benz 190e put in a rb25 engine?

bmw e30 put a 1jz 2500 cc?

can this still be done? are the rules stickfast? or is there any runners out there still can kao tim?

can we use the reason that the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience