Conversion GSR 1.8 Turbo (4G93T) - Wira/Satria/Putra

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
I think stock will do, mine still stock. Mine overboost because vacuum hose came off. Attached back, now normal 0.6.
Okay! Shall leave it stock and buy a good boost meter to monitor first. Any good brands out there? Thinking to go for works engineering pro gauge 2. Yay or nay, for reliability? The gauge looks good and my type of preference.

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
no.. just fit everything like the way it came from the halfcut (with new or inspected hoses and piping) u should be fine..

no overboost... then what makes u think how factory boost control is done without aftermarket wastegate?

plus your halfcut is gsr tebo from factory..

not bolt on tebo by mechanic
Okay! Shall use stock first and get proper gauges to monitor. Cant wait for the transplant to be done! So excited like a 3 year old taking christmas present hahahaha

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
if you don plan to up boost, stock set up is good to go. My gsr all stock, bov not stock but still circulate. No external wastegate too. Stock tebo have internal wastegate dy.
0.7bar For daily drive cukup dah. hahaha....
Get your car "handling" tip top first then go for powahh. Wallet sure damage :smokin:
i said earlier run the engine, let those internals mingle together, wake them up...piggyback, standalone can wait. Enjoy the ride 1st.
Just got myself a BC racing v1 for 2.2k, using control arms from halfcut and pumping the bush out replacing new ones, new michelin ps4 205/50/16 with kedai papan, and sport rim from kedai papan also. Chassis foaming have been done previously and ultra racing full set excluding rear room bar, mid room bar, and fender bar havent get.

Any other handling items i need to be aware of? My bc racing doesnt come with pillow ball. Would be using rubber mounting for now, good enough? Or should go pillow ball?

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
See the existing radiator condition if you got confident then get it service.
I bought new radiator, i don want to gamble. You dun want to overheat 12k halfcut kut. ? :dontknow:
Betul2. Seems quite heathy, no major rust or leaks. But has the top and btm part abit worn. Would replace the top/btm part of the radiator and get it properly serviced. Yeah man, because of one el cheapo radiator burn 12k halfcut really not worth the pain.

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
i dont think the stock+good condition engine can go overboost without a reason.. might be something wrong with vacuum hose..
Anything that has hose is in it, would be replaced with new ones. Anything with fluid as well. Aint taking risk hahahaha

Reactions: 4gbanger

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
[

if overboost, i more concern engine internals than gb. :eek:
Just got the ARP screws and metal gasket in. Already done planted in the engine. I’ve gotten myself a e-manage blue with all the harnesses from Japan. Condition is used 2 weeks and unplugged. Price rm600 cause member gave harga kasih sayang. God bless me

Attachments

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Mitsubishi Diaqueen 3? Needa google and learn. Where did you get your stock? Hahahahaha
I got mine from Sontuc Auto 012-2224409 at jalan kuching. most sparepart shop sells it. price from RM80-110/4L. change your gb filters as well. dont skimp on that.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
Just got myself a BC racing v1 for 2.2k, using control arms from halfcut and pumping the bush out replacing new ones, new michelin ps4 205/50/16 with kedai papan, and sport rim from kedai papan also. Chassis foaming have been done previously and ultra racing full set excluding rear room bar, mid room bar, and fender bar havent get.

Any other handling items i need to be aware of? My bc racing doesnt come with pillow ball. Would be using rubber mounting for now, good enough? Or should go pillow ball?
so far it sounds good enuf. adjustable pillowball will give you front camber tuning thus can add extra cornering traction. but so far it good now for street. give your car run first then start mod fro there. dont over mod your car just yet cause u cant feel that minor adjustment after modding.

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
Another monster about to be released........hhahahhahhaha
Release the kraken! Hahahaha!

Actually, would GSR turbo with autobox performance delivery in wira be considered comparable to similar 1.8 turbo auto cars (i.e. c250 w204, volks/golf 1.3-1.8 turbo)? I was informed by my foreman that due to wira lightweight chassis and gsr powerband, my wira would be a pocket rocket. I wonder, is it that quick or it’s just above average quick? What’s your opinion?

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
I got mine from Sontuc Auto 012-2224409 at jalan kuching. most sparepart shop sells it. price from RM80-110/4L. change your gb filters as well. dont skimp on that.
Thanks bro! Will do that! Like they say, take care of your car and the car would take care of you.

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
so far it sounds good enuf. adjustable pillowball will give you front camber tuning thus can add extra cornering traction. but so far it good now for street. give your car run first then start mod fro there. dont over mod your car just yet cause u cant feel that minor adjustment after modding.
Couldnt agree more! Plan to run stock, and maybe mod a little once at a time from there. The journey is what’s important and what matters most. Anyway, too much power without handling or balance is not meaningful to drive on streets, imo. Would like to have a balance hahahaha

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Release the kraken! Hahahaha!

Actually, would GSR turbo with autobox performance delivery in wira be considered comparable to similar 1.8 turbo auto cars (i.e. c250 w204, volks/golf 1.3-1.8 turbo)? I was informed by my foreman that due to wira lightweight chassis and gsr powerband, my wira would be a pocket rocket. I wonder, is it that quick or it’s just above average quick? What’s your opinion?
With auto box you will have torque loss compared to MT.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

PPS or Magic Glare... which one is better ah? what's the difference?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience