common problems

kimosxx

Nov 18, 2007
Ill need to weigh the odds some more i think. im stumbling over cars that are only a few hundred shire of what it would cost to bodykit,rim,respray the car im looking at for 8k. ill check back when i have a decent list of cars to decide from cheers!

kimosxx

Nov 18, 2007
reporting back!

i went back and had a look at the 1VIA that i originally posted this thread about. on further inspection ive noticed some important price deduction issues.

Paintwork hasn't been done professionally. It has runs in a couple of places and is thickly coated in a lot of places.

I noticed small amounts of rust along the back window. Rust bubbles that have been painted over. spider veins under the paint work also in a few places. Rust in the boot only surface rust though. Rust on both doors where the hinges are.

oil is clean but filthy inside the block smells of old oil. dipstick is also clean (im assuming cos it was dirty as before).

this is killing me if the guy thats selling doesnt budge im gunna go somewhere else possibly silvia.

kimosxx

Nov 18, 2007
i think you were right when you said not to jump into it take my time. ive come across a good buy.

1992 nissan silvia sr20det turbo. with new candy pearl red and pearl black paint job , vertex body kit, 17inch rims, GFB Boost control, advance turbo timer, big front mounted intercooler, 3 inch exhaust all the way through, 5 speed manual with new heavy duty clutch, lowered, dark tint, biltz boost gauge, stereo system worth $1500, sports steering wheel $11,000 ono

http://images.carsales.com.au/private/2745095.jpg
http://images.carsales.com.au/private/2745096.jpg

kimosxx

Nov 18, 2007
yeah id have to agree with you, though it may look older i think it does look quite mean in some respects. sort of like a mean old man :biggrin: .

the seller is giving me a call soon in regards to it hope it goes down well so i can own another car woo!

kimosxx

Nov 18, 2007
hey!

just bought the car its a Nissan Silvia 1992 with 75-80k on the engine.
Ive installed a Hybrid FMIC, Bov, Blitz Air filter, Manual Boost controller, Turbo timer, Greddy infometer. HKS Suspension with front and rear strut braces.

apart from all that im lost as to what i should do for performance. Ive bought a Bosch 040 fuel pump but thats all. what else should i do ?

also i wouldnt mind installing some upgrades to improve reliability like an oil catch can any suggestions?

Cheers!

slide_it

Known Member
Oct 31, 2007
congrats on ur purchase. is it the same one pictured previously? post pics dude...

are u running an aftermarket ecu? sounds like u got all the power goodies but i would also look into engine management. getting ur afr's right etc...

then stiffen up ur ride, camber kits, cages and rip it sideways! lol

kimosxx

Nov 18, 2007
thanks mate!

took along time to find the right one. nah stock ecu. the rocket cover is red but it is a blacktop. Nah scrap the one pictured lol was a rust bucket this ones a dream. sit just higher than a coke can haha. pictures below. you recon you could do a run down on parts to get and when for the future?

p.s just installed oil catch can, in the mail are rocker stoppers, bash plate, front pipe, split dump pipe, cat back exhaust with hi-flo cat all in 3" stainless.

slide_it

Known Member
Oct 31, 2007
mint ride! are u into red silvias or was it just a coincidence? haha...

yep black top indeed. can see the heat sink fins. my sr is just like urs. i guess our previous owners had the 'sleeper-look' intention. i dont see the catch can tho.

i say enjoy ur ride first mate. only when uve gotten used to the car, ull start thinking abt all these things. what road are u headed btw? drift, straight line, track..?

kimosxx

Nov 18, 2007
yeah mate i very much agree with you. im still driving with shoes off been in a auto for a year hard work switching lol. plus the clutch is very tight which is both good and bad haha.

i guess it was a coincidence the colour is pretty neat needs a respray in a few places. i only fitted the oil catch can yesterday so no new updated pics essentially is looks EXACTLY the same as the overflow tank cept on the other side and with a breather. im heading down the sleeper-street path. i want to rip it up when needed throw a hint of drift in there too.

so you think i should just leave it be for the moment? once ive gotton used to it what should i do? keeping in mind money is no issue to an extent. i.e i have no rent etc etc.

cheers

slide_it

Known Member
Oct 31, 2007
is that your daily?

how much power and boost is it running? i assume internals are stock and engine compression are healthy? brakes ok?

if ur interested to chuck it up sideways i reckon you should stiffen up the chassis. maybe front and rear strut bars as a start then anti roll bars, stiffer springs. if its a daily then i wouldnt have the springs too stiff. oh and engine mgmt. dont wanna run it tooo rich or too lean.

but all in all id enjoy the ride first. i say this becos ud be able to take care of the small problems first. my first problem was i had to replace my whole air conditioning system. it was fairly rooted. replaced tyres and then monitoring gauges. bigger plans comin in nx year! w00t!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It’s safe to suffice that the interwebs were rocked off their foundations by spy shots of a BMW M3, in pick-up form no less, tearing up the Nurburgring. The speculation mill shifted into warp speed and immediately started churning out anything and everything that could seemingly justify what was in the pictures.

Some of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience