Common problems with Vios

jeff_sin

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
if u send to toyota svc ctr..i have no idea..but if u svc the starter outside..it cost below rm100..exact figure, i am not sure

but yeah...maybe youre right..must be related to fuel pressure problem..
how about scanning your car with MUT device...it might helps or detects anything suspicious
what is mut device?

ahead

Aug 31, 2006
mine have power steering belt noise tyt SC already change the belt pulley bracket to CM one but it still same after period time of usage. used rubber grease for tentative solution my car just over warranty period but never encounter Eng MIL on because of broken evap wire.

jeff_sin

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
mine have power steering belt noise tyt SC already change the belt pulley bracket to CM one but it still same after period time of usage. used rubber grease for tentative solution my car just over warranty period but never encounter Eng MIL on because of broken evap wire.
never encounter eng mil of broken evap?

jeff_sin

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Fuel Pump incl Fuel Filter - solve crank issue
Check Evaporator sensor - solve engine light lit on (bite by mouse is one of the idiot toyota plentong service advisor told me and recommend me to change whole set wiring! and toyota larkin is not capable enough to solve as well, how failure these service advisor trained!)

recommend work shop - TNL Auto Service Centre, 27, Jln Temenggong 2, Taman Tun Aminah, Skudai

TOTALLY LOST CONFIDENCE WITH TOYOTA AUTHORIZE DEALER!

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
I don't think need to replace the belt, unless it is faulty or keras or even longer already
Thus, i believe you may tighten the belt, maybe it will solve your problem as well.
The problem is due to the material of the original belt. Tightening the belt may not solve it, and over tightening will cause undue stress on the belt (can snap). There is a recommended torque on it (you can refer to the service manual).

Seems that the newer Vios does not have this problem anymore.

ahead

Aug 31, 2006
The problem is due to the material of the original belt. Tightening the belt may not solve it, and over tightening will cause undue stress on the belt (can snap). There is a recommended torque on it (you can refer to the service manual).

Seems that the newer Vios does not have this problem anymore.
newer vios come with one belt driven all pulleys i suppose.

wilm3

500 RPM
Aug 4, 2005
KL
Fuel Pump incl Fuel Filter - solve crank issue
Check Evaporator sensor - solve engine light lit on (bite by mouse is one of the idiot toyota plentong service advisor told me and recommend me to change whole set wiring! and toyota larkin is not capable enough to solve as well, how failure these service advisor trained!)

recommend work shop - TNL Auto Service Centre, 27, Jln Temenggong 2, Taman Tun Aminah, Skudai

TOTALLY LOST CONFIDENCE WITH TOYOTA AUTHORIZE DEALER!
YEs u r right! authorized dealer is purely meant authorized dealer and service center.....their serve the purpose to sell (dealer) and service (change oil and filter) THAT IS ALL THAT TOYOYA SERVICE CENTER CAN DO.

better look for foreman under the tree is even more pro than tyt!!! i send my vios 09 for 3 times fixing the noisy dashboard and guess what???!!! they end up with putting tonnes of sponge in and causing all parts lose with even more serious noise!!!

i end up dismantle the dashboard my own self to rectify the problem!!! TOYOTA :bawling:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Can any one tell me the good service center near to pandan indah?

And I need to put seat cover please advice as well.

Thanks,
Ebi
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience