Commission work: Conversion Evo 6 to Evo 6.5TME

druid_99

Dec 2, 2008
Hi guys,

Here is my first comission conversion I posted in this forum. It is requested by a fellow modeller... Cham2020 so Cham, this conversion is yours lah... :D

I recieve the package last Friday and I started working on it at 10.00pm the same day. There is not much different on the shape between the Evo 6 and Evo 6.5. Just the front bumper is different (this is what was informed to me lah). So, I get on with the conversion.

This is what I recieved in the package. A Tamiya 1/24 Evolution 6 front bumper.

First thing I do is to remove the spotlight bulge on both sides of the bumper. I use the coarse file to remove it before cleaning it with sandpapers. This is what it looks like after filing.

Now its time to add the intake hole (I think that what it is) on the other side of the bumper. From the reference picture the hole size looks about the same size with the spotlight and at the same location with the spotlight so the easiest part is to drill off the plastic at the location. The pictures below shows the process and the third picture is the end result before the bulge on that area is shaved-off.

Since the right spotlight is not needed, I carefully scribe the lines and remove it.

Next... it's Bondite time!!!!... :lol:

Bump: Sorry because I have no progress picture on this. The bumper is filled with Bondite before the reshaping process begins. I glue a plastic sheet on the back of the areas that needs to be filled and when the glue is set, I use Bondite to cover the ares.

This is what it looks like as of last night.

The rear with the plastic sheet glued on so that I can control the amount of Bondite needed.

The right and left view of the bumper.

Looking from the reference picture, it looks pretty close don't you think?

All that is needed now is for me to clean up the Bondite work, add the lower skirting as per the TME and rebuild the side vents on the bumper. That will be tackled slowly.

Bump: Oh yeah... some teaser pictures for you Cham... also for those wondering "what the hell is this guy building"... :lol:

I have the Evolution 6 body that I will be converting into another Evolution version so, just for fun I dry fit the bumper to it... :D

So, what do you think Cham???? :D

Guys, comments and suggestions please.. :)

16V

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Hm....good work. me also have evo6...still under work.

all your work is custom made. how you do it's? what mean is plastic sheets? plastic sheets have many type...i dunno what type you using. and how using bondite? is fast dry?

Last edited:

druid_99

Dec 2, 2008
Hm....good work. me also have evo6...still under work.

all your work is custom made. how you do it's? what mean is plastic sheets? plastic sheets have many type...i dunno what type you using. and how using bondite? is fast dry?
Plastic sheet can be obtained from either the companies that makes signboards (in large sheets) or you can get it from the miniature scale companies. Mine is a 0.25mm thickness from Evergreen Plastics from USA. I purchase it from a shop called Multifilla in Balakong. They got all sorts of materials that is very useful for modellers and craftsman.

Bondite is really simple. It comes in two-part which is the resin and the hardener. You have to mix both in equal amount, knead it until it is mixed together and then just put and shape as you like. When mixed, it is like plasticine and it is easily shaped.

After the desired shape is obtained, using a wet finger I slowly run it through the Bondite to smoothen it.

Hope this explains it. :biggrin:

16V

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
thank your info....i had try using bondite, but....not well. i think after dry. will be strong. is too soft. not enough strong....im not just custom bumper only. almost all body car. or bondite is like that, not strong like plastic?

druid_99

Dec 2, 2008
thank your info....i had try using bondite, but....not well. i think after dry. will be strong. is too soft. not enough strong....im not just custom bumper only. almost all body car. or bondite is like that, not strong like plastic?
I suspect the Bondite you use is not mixed thoroughly or the amount that you use for both parts are not equal. Usually that is the reason the bondite remains soft even after a while.

I've been using Bondite for over 10 years with no problem and I am not using it only for bumpers, I have modified from bumpers to building a whole body kit to building a one whole part using bondite but never experience any problem of the bondite remaining soft for a long time. I even got a friend that makes a whole car using only Bondite with no problems.

FYI, Bondite if mixed evenly and in equal amounts will produce a very strong putty. When hardened it will be as hard as rock.

16V

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
maybe you right...im not smart to use bondite. well....i try again and mixed enough enough.

Z

][zoohalee][vtec][

dudes, where you guys bought the evo 6 model? iam searching for the TME model like crazy but it seems damn hard to find it now...any tips?

Last edited by a moderator:

druid_99

Dec 2, 2008
][zoohalee][vtec][;3457522 said:
dudes, where you guys bought the evo 6 model? iam searching for the TME model like crazy but it seems to hard to find it now...any tips?
You can try lok for it at Tamiya Underground in 1 Utama, Damansara. They sell Tamiya model kits so you might be able to get it there. Another option is to purchase it on-line

zenlim

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
][zoohalee][vtec][;3460343 said:
tq bro! will do
Bro..u should go Tamiya underground by now...coz now there are having some evo6 kit there....that day i saw got 3 the next day become 2 only....i wish to buy one but no money lar...RM99.90 only per kit....faster go grab it coz i know u also driving an e6 rite...hahaha.

raining

Known Member
Oct 7, 2006
kuala lumpur
Man! it's like doing real car

Bump: can u modify my S2000 diecast to S2000 GT1?

Bump: can u modify my S2000 diecast to S2000 GT1?

druid_99

Dec 2, 2008
Aisehhh... I forgot that I have open this thread in here... quite a lot of progress has been done for the past one year (I have quite a lot of on-going projects throughout the year) that I didn't manage to do much update here...

Update timeee... :D

It is currently 95% completed. It just needs some clean up and a coat of primer.

The bumper with all the putty and bondite still hardening.

Comparing it to the reference picture...

Test fit on the body... looks ok to me... :)

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

a little bit more update... The bumper is about 98% completed... the other 2% is the cleanup that still needs to be done...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus,
Totally a noob here so kindda need your advise here.
I have seen a package on the R3 site abt a performance upgrade for the satria neo cps.
PROTON Holdings Berhad - R3 Accessories
The package includes a "Performance cam shaft" and i was wondering if the cam shaft is switchable cuz if i understand the CPS function, there will be a pin that enables the high lift cams. but if i change the cam shaft to the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience