Civic type R 2005 or DC5

skyboy

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
KUL
wow!! Im lookin at recon or 2nd of course!! wats the top speed for DC5 R (with the cut off install)

Does any1 here try a RX8 ? does any1 sure bout RX8 hv 250hp under the hood(standard)?

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
if compare the hp,Rx8 come with 250hp wor..:thefinger:

Skill very important in Drag race,if you have the skill with a light mod Type R already challenge Evo or even Skyline in drag race ma..
I was shocked too for a 1.3 car that has 250 horsepower

Is RX-8 using Rotary Engine too? that's why it has such a high horsepower? just want to get some knowledge.

Last edited:

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor
If u are considering "newer" DC5's (year 2005 - 2006 recond) you might wanna consider a brand new Civic Type R (FD) , as the difference in price is close, plus u will get a New car. Plus Civic type R has much higher output and being new , 3 years trouble free. ( Can Reflash tooo! )

Integra are much sportier in design as it is a 2 door car and seating position has a more racier feel. Just like what Stylites mentioned, Civic Fd-R, spectators need to have a look at it for the second time whenever a FD-R passes by just to ensure that it is a genuine Type R not upgraded ones. Where integra have that sports coupe looks!.

But both cars are equally solid and have strong body built. You have to test drive to experience it. And to beat a E92 BMW? , corners = definately, Stright line slight & close fight. Just make sure u stll have the original final drive!

wai88

Known Member
Dec 11, 2008
seremban
skyboy~even Rx8 come with 250hp(standrad),but actually it not that fast,
yeehau~RX8 are using rotary engine(NA),2 rotary one, each rotary was around 625cc,that why
it is 1300cc
Massive_infusion~you got it right,the recond NFL DC5R cost 17xk,but the new FD2R onli cost 198k
with factory warranty for 3 years

Stylites-x

1,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
trouble-free wise, get fd2r with free maintenance.
anyway, a recond car is always not perfect condition n whu knoes if smtg goes wrong n there goes ur wallet bleeding.
n of coz, the interior of fd2r is always appealing.
lastly, if its fd2r, u'll need to keep em virgin to avoid being warranty void for 3 yrs.

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor
Interga DC5 Typer R sells at 120K for used models, and u might get a car loaded with basic bolt on's (exhaust system, intake & suspension upgrade) however best thing to do is to bring ur mechanic to test the car and spare some cash for wear and tear. (not as heavy as turbos ;) Its worth it to buy if there is a good condition used unit!

Civic Type R is worth it to buy new! New intakes, Interior, Digital meter, solid and much refined type-R.

Wai88,
RX8 250hp is the manual version right, the auto has a lower Hp reading.... or a different Type? Drove Rx8 once, smooth, but dont have the racing feel & Vtec power as Integra!

Stylites-x

1,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
massive, hav we met b4 ? Lim here btw. used 2 went TT with group of dc5 long time ago ..

wai88

Known Member
Dec 11, 2008
seremban
Massive_infusion~RX8 250hp is the manual version which call type s,auto come with 210hp if not
mistaken.For me,the RX8 more for lifestyle car rather than racing.

Stylites-x

1,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
oh ok. was thinkin to sell my dc5 to get a family car. now im still havin it ..
where did u stay ? i stayed in klang.
nice meetin ya.

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
Interga DC5 Typer R sells at 120K for used models, and u might get a car loaded with basic bolt on's (exhaust system, intake & suspension upgrade) however best thing to do is to bring ur mechanic to test the car and spare some cash for wear and tear. (not as heavy as turbos ;) Its worth it to buy if there is a good condition used unit!

Civic Type R is worth it to buy new! New intakes, Interior, Digital meter, solid and much refined type-R.

Wai88,
RX8 250hp is the manual version right, the auto has a lower Hp reading.... or a different Type? Drove Rx8 once, smooth, but dont have the racing feel & Vtec power as Integra!
Civic Type-R is not using Digital meter, right? only normal Civic has the Digital meter. Civic Type-R is normal needle meter. Correct me if I'm wrong.

rodcyprian

Known Member
Mar 12, 2009
Is pointless to turbocharged a vtec. Buy a turbo car if u prefer turbo. Vtec is NA. Tat's the point yu choose vtec at the 1st place...
I totally agree...
Why not enjoy NA & Vtec?

Just wan to share something, 0-400m
EP3 with Toda stroker, flywheel & Head 280whp can easily tapao evo8 boost with 400whp.
Really cannot compare hp only.
A B16A in EG6 170hp also can easily tapao RX8 250hp, tested in japan. Try to check with youtube~
If I can make my B16A 250whp, I will be very proud already... Can easily tapao a 300+whp turbo car! :driver::driver::driver:

Another story is RX8 engine is only 250hp.
But rotary engine, a 1.3 just like a V6 2600cc. bcoz it got 2spark plug x 3 firing in one rotation.
And it easy to get 700hp just only replace the turbo set and tuning for RX7 unlike evo you need to change stroker set and a lot of things...

For me, I prefer RX7 than RX8 anyway :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Here is the info about Rotary engine:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_Wankel_engine#13B-MSP_RENESIS

Last edited:

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
I totally agree...
Why not enjoy NA & Vtec?

Just wan to share something, 0-400m
EP3 with Toda stroker, flywheel & Head 280whp can easily tapao evo8 boost with 400whp.
Really cannot compare hp only.
A B16A in EG6 170hp also can easily tapao RX8 250hp, tested in japan. Try to check with youtube~
If I can make my B16A 250whp, I will be very proud already... Can easily tapao a 300+whp turbo car! :driver::driver::driver:

Another story is RX8 engine is only 250hp.
But rotary engine, a 1.3 just like a V6 2600cc. bcoz it got 2spark plug x 3 firing in one rotation.
And it easy to get 700hp just only replace the turbo set and tuning for RX7 unlike evo you need to change stroker set and a lot of things...

For me, I prefer RX7 than RX8 anyway :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Here is the info about Rotary engine:
Mazda Wankel engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rotary Engine has 2spark plug x 3 ??? :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

If u are considering "newer" DC5's (year 2005 - 2006 recond) you might wanna consider a brand new Civic Type R (FD) , as the difference in price is close, plus u will get a New car. Plus Civic type R has much higher output and being new , 3 years trouble free. ( Can Reflash tooo! )

Integra are much sportier in design as it is a 2 door car and seating position has a more racier feel. Just like what Stylites mentioned, Civic Fd-R, spectators need to have a look at it for the second time whenever a FD-R passes by just to ensure that it is a genuine Type R not upgraded ones. Where integra have that sports coupe looks!.

But both cars are equally solid and have strong body built. You have to test drive to experience it. And to beat a E92 BMW? , corners = definately, Stright line slight & close fight. Just make sure u stll have the original final drive!
4 or 5 hp isn't really considered much higher output la bro :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

I was shocked too for a 1.3 car that has 250 horsepower

Is RX-8 using Rotary Engine too? that's why it has such a high horsepower? just want to get some knowledge.

yes, rx-8 is a 1.3 cc twin rotor wankel ............... not inline 4.

the amazing thing about wankel / rotary engines, you can actually stack them in series and pretty much exponentially increase the power.

check out the last formula drift ......... there was a rx-7 with 3 or 4 rotots, if not mistaken

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

wow!! Im lookin at recon or 2nd of course!! wats the top speed for DC5 R (with the cut off install)

Does any1 here try a RX8 ? does any1 sure bout RX8 hv 250hp under the hood(standard)?

the engine is supposed to be producing 250hp ..... but apparently certain parties have accused mazda of over-stating the engine's power output.

+ the about of power on wheel is much lower, due to drive-train losses.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

which one to choose is depend on you,prefer 4 door for family or 2 door for single life..the budget also important,the civic Type R might cost you higher.Integra Type R also got 2 batch,2005 new facelift also come with higher price..
Civic Type R(m) -225hp
EP3 Type R (m) -215hp
DC5 Type R(m) -220hp
DC5 Type S (a/m) -200hp

sure k20a can smoke Rx8,no worry bout that..

the facelifted JDM type-r dc5 actually started late in 3rd quarter 2004.

the power output you're quoting for the DC5 type-s is not the JDM Honda Integra Type-R , you're quoting the USDM ACURA RSX Type-S (revision 1) with the K20A2 engine.

the JDM type-s dc5 power output is similar to the non-type-r FD2.

rodcyprian

Known Member
Mar 12, 2009
Vagabond: How to say twin rotor?
As I saw my friend's RX7 FC during overhauling, it look different of what you said.
As i know one rotation of the rotor memang 3times firing. With 2 spark plug so its 6 firing in one rotation! Correct me if i'm wrong! :hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:
I'm still learning on Rotary Engine also~ :biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, can anyone share their experience abt this engine oil?
What i know its damn expensive at over RM200.

Comment?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience