Civic EG vs Satria Gti

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
WRM,
another thing you need to know..... if you get a honda EG, be ready to be harassed by satrias & wiras..... alot of these owners (usually the ricer/poyo type) have inferiority complex issues towards hondas....always want to cucuk2 you and like to brag to their friends that they beat a VTEC...:thefinger:..

WRM

Known Member
Dec 30, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
have you considered honda integra and honda prelude? these cars are within your price range. as you have stated, you are looking for a cruiser with ample power? or you don't have a thing over coupes
Yes.i just kinda nt like the face of integra n prelude..(sharkface)
dolphin is beauty..hehe

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

WRM,
another thing you need to know..... if you get a honda EG, be ready to be harassed by satrias & wiras..... alot of these owners (usually the ricer/poyo type) have inferiority complex issues towards hondas....always want to cucuk2 you and like to brag to their friends that they beat a VTEC...:thefinger:..
HAha!:banghead:cant change ppl mindset man.hav to change mine so as not to create any trouble.
i got this guy selling sohc(auto) eg for 22k.he say can change manual to b16a,cost 30k,for complete with fuel management 35k?

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
if you live in big cities like KL, JB or Penang... and you use your car daily.. it is not recommend to buy a GTi... even if you dont have a proper parking lot at home will invite for theft... usually ppl who park outside thier home or in apartment or condo that dont hv closed car park will definitely suffer the loss...

if you like to drag.. better get the Eg hatch.. its about Pulling power right to the red line... the Gti is more torqy n tight Handling... both has great potential for mods...

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004

HAha!:banghead:cant change ppl mindset man.hav to change mine so as not to create any trouble.
i got this guy selling sohc(auto) eg for 22k.he say can change manual to b16a,cost 30k,for complete with fuel management 35k?

22K for SOHC is an OK price.....+8K to convert, IMO....better do it yourself...& +5k for fuel management, depends on what type he's offering...and for starters I don't think its necessary for you to fork out 5K for a fuel management system for a stock engine.....for below 2K you can get a E-manage + installation + dyno tuning....

WRM

Known Member
Dec 30, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
if you live in big cities like KL, JB or Penang... and you use your car daily.. it is not recommend to buy a GTi... even if you dont have a proper parking lot at home will invite for theft... usually ppl who park outside thier home or in apartment or condo that dont hv closed car park will definitely suffer the loss...

if you like to drag.. better get the Eg hatch.. its about Pulling power right to the red line... the Gti is more torqy n tight Handling... both has great potential for mods...
Well i study in ipoh n come back to kl durin sem break usually.I wud park it in my confined apartment area,with guard at the entrnce.So theft is not quite a worry for me,since most time in campus with strict guards,no id no enter kind.
Hmm,is satria gti reali reliable,i mean most advise redi say tht Honda eg/ek not depreciate wan.

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
well get the stock eg hatch first, then decide on your own what engine you decide to plonk there.

well, ipoh theft rate still not as crazy as KL yet. i almost bought a eg with b16b, but i faced major opposition on that car. they think the car is too small and is a potential death trap. not sure why my dad approved on my s600 though, hah!

then again, eg and ek has always been the better looking hatches. ep and the fn hatch not that desirable, haha

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i highly recommend, if u wanna learn about how to mod, what to mod, how your car works (engine rather) what is this/that for etc etc...

buy a stock car and transplant/convert it yourself. yes no doubt, some may argue that it is troublesome la etc etc...

but trust me, i opted for that route, and now i dare to say, i know "abit" more about vtec and my car laaa... hahahaha...

although troublesome, but its your car, and if not u, who else would go thru all the trouble to fix/mod it?

freeman1314

Known Member
Oct 7, 2008
Yes, start from stock is still the best. Seen before some people buying ready mod satria with 93t , in the end only know how to keep on boosting till the end kaboom , blown engine. Learn from basic at least you know your car better and also increase your knowledge while modding.

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
agree with all above statement. dont mind a lightly modded car. but best to have it stock to gain knowledge while modding, proves important if u want to upgrade to a better car next time

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
WRM,
same goes to eg owners too..few of them also poyo, who likes to cucuk another car...if u dont have mood to test power when someone cucuk u then move aside la, let them pass...but if u r in a mood or the road is clear then why not test ur power... its all depend on the owner of the car mentality...

btw this is my frank opinion, i owned an eg9 before n currenty driving sgti...a love sgti more than eg9, power wise u cannot beat modded b16a in stock condition, its up to you la, if u want daily driven car better opt for sgti, mod until u get 150whp and its really fun car to drive...if wanna take part in weekend night drag race then go for b16..

problem with my previous car all the wear n tear part need to be replaced except for the engine, honda really did a good job on this b16,14 years old engine never give problem to me, everyday rev up to 8.2k...

as for sgti, its a more balanced car, not to powerfull, quite comfort, and the handling damn good, its really good

hope this will help

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
this shite aint going nowhere...u want cheap fc and reliable...get a friggin kelisa or myvi...nuff said...both car is ok but the way u wanted it will get you nowhere...at first u want stock car then wanna choose high revving laa this laa that laa...u really are a student...learn things the hard way....go get a satria 1.3 or an ej 1.5sohc...good fc,enuff budget...put some Mugen/AJ Racing sticker gip u 5 whp....

* buying slurpee 22oz and Chachos Ori *....gonna start me a good movie...

freeman1314

Known Member
Oct 7, 2008
Well he did mention between EG and satria, and this is Honda territory so EG ftw!!!!
Used to have the same problem like him , wants best of both world wants everything but within a tight budget.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
this shite aint going nowhere...u want cheap fc and reliable...get a friggin kelisa or myvi...nuff said...both car is ok but the way u wanted it will get you nowhere...at first u want stock car then wanna choose high revving laa this laa that laa...u really are a student...learn things the hard way....go get a satria 1.3 or an ej 1.5sohc...good fc,enuff budget...put some Mugen/AJ Racing sticker gip u 5 whp....

* buying slurpee 22oz and Chachos Ori *....gonna start me a good movie...
:rofl:

nice one.

hornydrifter

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
KEY EL!
Get a honda!!! any time bebeh..im a honda ef owner...its year 1990~..but compare to sum satria 2005..even 2006..hmph~...like came out same year only, imagine if u use ek..or eg?...AND B20b..hu say not reliable? my car b20bh + V head,....every weekend whack 9k...+ with oversized piston....till now...ok...no prob watsoever...AND yes..u do get cucuk or get that "stare" from some satria users..especiallly turbo ones..hehehe...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi there... my friend has a kelisa and he is planning to transplant to a better perfomance engine or halfcut... i heard most of them using mira engine... does anyone have more info about this engine? or other engine if there is other choices, thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience