Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kia Forte

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jacky Chong

From Facebook
Feb 10, 2011
www.facebook.com
Hi, I'm planning buying a new car and now there are 2 choices in my mind which is Chevrolet Cruze 1.8 and Kia Forte 2.0. So guys, I need your favor comments and advice which is the best choice I should go, of course in term of pricing Forte is much cheaper than Cruze, but how to choose between these 2 cars...

Thanks in advance ya!

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
so far i been driving a Forte and im loving every part of it... but yeah.. i didnt drive the cruize before.. but i think you need to drive both cars to see the difference...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I've driven both and I gotta say both cars are pretty good.

I'm leaning towards the Kia. It feels more agile and responsive compared to the Cruze.

But gotta love the Cruze's agressive looks. However if you slap on the Kia sports bodykit on the Kia it looks equally nice.

You gotta try them both and decide for yourself. Both are great cars imho.

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
yeah bro... different people have different point of view.. you need to find and see what you are looking for.. i bought my Forte and come with bodykit.. so it just looks stunning.. but you could still wait got the K5...

Jacky Chong

From Facebook
Feb 10, 2011
www.facebook.com
I have read a survey statistic about all the cars sales volume in Malaysia until todate, and surprisingly Kia Forte sales is increasing every month, where else Cruze volume is low. So is it give some indication that Kia is much a better choice than Cruze?

Well, just to think wild if I want to sell it after few years, which Car will have a resell value?
BTW, I never drive a Korean car before but heard many ppl said the spare parts is damn expensive isn't it? How about Kia Forte?

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
for kia forte they provide 5 year unlimited milage warranty... so basically its free.. only pay for oil change tho....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I have read a survey statistic about all the cars sales volume in Malaysia until todate, and surprisingly Kia Forte sales is increasing every month, where else Cruze volume is low. So is it give some indication that Kia is much a better choice than Cruze?

Well, just to think wild if I want to sell it after few years, which Car will have a resell value?
BTW, I never drive a Korean car before but heard many ppl said the spare parts is damn expensive isn't it? How about Kia Forte?
I guess this is where radical thinking is necessary. If you've got the moolah to buy a nearly 100k car, I think you'd be looking at something you'd want, not so much something you want but can't afford. So in that respect, you shouldn't need to worry about resale value because it'll be a car you'd like to keep. Besides, cars are a liability and depreciate the moment you sign the sales purchase form. Why worry about resale value?

Jacky Chong

From Facebook
Feb 10, 2011
www.facebook.com
today I just test drive on 2.0L Forte, and it was impressive with acceleration power. The features also quite good, but need to choose between 2 specs. At the same price of RM 97,800 there are 2 options need to choose, one with Bluetooth, Reverse camera and the other one is come with body kits & GPS navigator (without bluetooth and reverse camera)

Still thinking which one to choose...

Havent try yet the 1.6L

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
Personally im not all for the Forte. Its a little down on looks and power wise the inspira feels more powerful. Gotta love the Chevvy Cruze though, the looks are unmatchable in its class. Its just so unique compared to what we see on the road, and if your into modding, it still gonna look pretty darn good.

Although buddy by the end of it, its up to you to choose. Just curious though, in any case why would you take the 1.6 over the 2.0 ? Sorry if this question seems rude/stupid, its just that ive always been taught, if your gonna buy a car, get the best spec

EDIT: and might i say, the Chevrolet cruze se is a much more handsome car compared to the Kia Forte Sport

And i guess driving around in a chevrolet cruze does have its show off credentials seeing a how its not an asian made car :)

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Jack : Why bother with the 1.6 if you've tested the 2.0?

Starkiller : Choose the Kia Forte with the body kit mah. That's not quite a fair comparison putting the Cruze with body kit against a stock Kia.

Nah. :biggrin:

Anyway - it's up to the buyer la. If the car makes you feel special, then it's a good car. Both cars are pretty good imho

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
Personally im not all for the Forte. Its a little down on looks and power wise the inspira feels more powerful. Gotta love the Chevvy Cruze though, the looks are unmatchable in its class. Its just so unique compared to what we see on the road, and if your into modding, it still gonna look pretty darn good.

got side pics of the above car? handsome ohh..

p/s i vote the chevy. :biggrin:

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
Anyway - it's up to the buyer la. If the car makes you feel special, then it's a good car. Both cars are pretty good imho
agreed, to each his own! :driver: . I was just trying to show how to cruze and forte look as a stock. The pic of the cruze i posted is not moded, its just the SE option offered by chevvy. Id show a sporty Kia, but i dont think theres a sporty option :/, correct me if im wrong

HKS-GT2835R : Here you go bro!

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
starkiller, there is! You can opt for the bodykit when you buy the Forte. It'll be added into the loan and it's stock from Kia themselves meaning it's warrantied.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

*Work based on existing GSM/GPRS network and GPS satellites,this product can locate and monitor your car by SMS or GPRS.

Cheap & Reliable , No contract , No monthly Fees , No wiring!!

*Applications-Rental Vehicle,Protect the child/old/the disabled,Protect businessmen,Personnel management.

Functions:...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience