Cheap cars to buy in Malaysia but fast!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Next weekend I'm going to feature a pretty rare BMW on racenotrice.com. It's a Hartge 3L 5-series DIESEL BMW. In its stock form it has 600nm of torque, some 300bhp of horsepower. After suspension bushes all changed (all in RM4k.. compared to say Waja which is RM3.3k so technically not really expensive) and injectors changed (all in about RM6k), the car has been pretty reliable for the owner and eats a lot of cars for breakfast lunch and dinner. Remapped it'll have 800nm on tap.

Diesel clack in the front, twin exhaust roar at the back. And RM90 for over 700km city driving.

This is one BMW I would not mind owning. Even willing to pay that road tax.

tonyparir

Apr 12, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
If it were me, I'd go make friends with that fella first, talk about the car and see if it's just a nuisance to him or a precious toy. If nuisance offer 8k to take it off his hands. If precious toy 15k and negotiate.
I tried talking to the owner, he refused to sell it lol..

I guess I will have to wait next time haha..

Looking at eg 2doors now... Viewing car next week

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
...but the BMW drivers actually wanted chicks to dig them.
Depends on the model you drive bro. If you drive a E30 or E36, chicks won't bother cause the outlook is too classic. E46 has an undying body style, IMO, it aged so well that time just stops around it !

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Yeah, E36 is boxy. It's like "like it or hate it" thingy for some ppl.
E30 doesnt have the presence in terms of size. Maybe chicks see it "mini", and they tend to see it as "inferior". Can't blame them really.

E46 is sexy (has all the curves where needed) and still looks cool, even today. the only issue I see is that the interior room is quite smallish. I think Myvi interior is more spacious than E46's. Correct me if I am wrong.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Yeah, E36 is boxy. It's like "like it or hate it" thingy for some ppl.
E30 doesnt have the presence in terms of size. Maybe chicks see it "mini", and they tend to see it as "inferior". Can't blame them really.

E46 is sexy (has all the curves where needed) and still looks cool, even today. the only issue I see is that the interior room is quite smallish. I think Myvi interior is more spacious than E46's. Correct me if I am wrong.
Typical chicks would not really able to differentiate car model which is very common. I don't expect typical can spell out the series of the car anyway. Once i knew a chick thought my Lancer is a Volvo. LOL !! :thefinger:

Actually any car smaller than my Lancer i will feel that the interior is smallish. I weight 86kg now and has a wide frame. The e46 interior also feels cramp for myself but i just love all the leather interior. Not even e90 325i came close to this !

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Typical chicks would not really able to differentiate car model which is very common. I don't expect typical can spell out the series of the car anyway. Once i knew a chick thought my Lancer is a Volvo. LOL !! :thefinger:

Actually any car smaller than my Lancer i will feel that the interior is smallish. I weight 86kg now and has a wide frame. The e46 interior also feels cramp for myself but i just love all the leather interior. Not even e90 325i came close to this !
The bulging front portion of the Lancer actually looks like the Volvo.....hhahahhahah:rofl:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006

BMW interior quality is to notch....and solid. Not like those toy-plastic dash and panels we tend to see in new cars today.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
car prices go up......while interior qualities go down.

Heck, if one compares the interior of a 1990s Nissan, with present day Nissan interior.....you could see the 1990s interior has better material.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
car prices go up......while interior qualities go down.

Heck, if one compares the interior of a 1990s Nissan, with present day Nissan interior.....you could see the 1990s interior has better material.
I strongly agree with this.... This applies for most companies unfortunately... They don't seem to build cars like hwy used to... Blame cost cutting and environmentalists?:biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Nowadays, interiors of cars up to mid range/C-segments are all crappy cheap plastics only! You need to go up to already expensive Japanese d-segments to get nicer leather like materials for dash & door panels. Back in the 90s even a normal Lancer already got leather like materials and very durable some more!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys.. need your help and opinion..

can fto dashboard fit satria or not? have u heard about it? ok or not ??i heard that evo4 dashbord can fit wira with some mod..but how bout fto... i want to try la...:shades_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience