changing tyres again............

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
damm it...........back tyres wore off so fast already.............

dunno why, just changed in april 2011 about ten months now and already going to reach the worn tyre indicator - only around 20,000 km............

but the front ones as still really good. NO more Continental tyres for me................

what should i go next? any recomendations?

was thinking of Toyo proxes T1sport / Pilot Sport 3 / advan AD08 /

size: 265/35/18

what other options..........

planning to change this saturday...........

dinmsab

Jun 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Why don't you rotate your tyres to even the wear? I prefer to do it that way to get the maximum out of them. For sure you can reach 40k km on all 4 tyres if you rotate every 10,000 km.

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Why don't you rotate your tyres to even the wear? I prefer to do it that way to get the maximum out of them. For sure you can reach 40k km on all 4 tyres if you rotate every 10,000 km.
tak sampai masa to rotate bro, to think about iti think total milage now is around 17,000km only.

have to change soon anyway coz of rain.

tkew

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
swapping left and right .........does this give you more mileage ?

if the tyre wear off evenly for both side.... so what is the the purpose of swapping left right unless you can do front back.

xfuture

Known Member
Jul 9, 2005
PJ
Yes, swapping left and right doesn't give you much difference IMO.

I'll suggest you take M PS3 or GY Assym2

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
so i finally changed the tyres,

went with Pirelli P Zero Rosso. can't comment on them yet, as i only drove like 15km since the change, but i do like the feel of it (off course any new tyre is like that lar) it has very good review for wet roads and performance (standard tyres for some porsche, mercs and ferrari uses them) so we will see how it goes.

lathen

Known Member
Dec 31, 2010
Johor Bahru

went with Pirelli P Zero Rosso. can't comment on them yet, as i only drove like 15km since the change, but i do like the feel of it (off course any new tyre is like that lar) it has very good review for wet roads and performance (standard tyres for some porsche, mercs and ferrari uses them) so we will see how it goes.
yeah ed78, u have make the right decision, i been using pirelli about 1 year ++, no complain at all, u will soon love it

tkew

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006

Fren how much you pay for the ferrari, posrche use tyres ? :biggrin:

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Fren how much you pay for the ferrari, posrche use tyres ? :biggrin:
tkew,

Got them for RM 1254 (265/35/18) per piece(ofiicially the most i have ever paid for tyres in my life). Got them from MPS Auto Sunway.

One thing I really like about MPS is their service and very professional outake on things. Did my alignment and balancing there as well. Alignment one of the best people in the business. They really take the time to do it. Not rush and screw things up. Manji the owner told me earlier as well that alignment alone will take about an hour - adjust, test drive - adjust - swap tyres - test drive and the end result is just fantastic(he will even tell you if he is not satisfied with the alignment). will only send me car there from now on for anything wheel related.

Perry was the one who recomended me to go there - plus he's a happy customer as well.

waque

Known Member
Feb 4, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ed78,

If this tyre still cant lasting more than one year, then next time maybe you have to revert back to 245 i guess. Hhehe or someone else layan drift using your car everyday.

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Ed78,

If this tyre still cant lasting more than one year, then next time maybe you have to revert back to 245 i guess. Hhehe or someone else layan drift using your car everyday.
Waque,

i have really have to put some sort of monitoring system, wife definately must be doing drifting if the tyres habis cepat..............

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

More information on the upcoming GT-R’s engine code, power output characteristics, FM platform and improved head light technology before its official debut at the 40th Tokyo Motor Show in less than 3 months time provided by Japanese automotive magazine "Holiday Auto".

Engine Code: VR38

Peak Power: 480ps/6,800rpm
Peak Torque: 58.0kgm/1,700 -...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience