Changed VQ30 to VQ25

VT-Ten

Known Member

VT-Ten

Known Member
Apr 22, 2005
Cheras
i've changed the whole meter cluster (not the marking sticker) to the japan model (from 260 change to 180). i did compared both the 260 and 180 meter on the speedo reading, both have the exact same reading compared using a GPS.

try not the replace the meter marking. it will be very inaccurate then as the speed sensor is inside the meter cluster.

therefore, if you are doing 110km/h on the 180 meter and doing 110km/h on the 260 meter, you are actually doing 110km/h. (provided the rim and tire size are stock :)

weikee

500 RPM

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
If you dismantle the meter cluster, inside the 180 and 260 are identical components. the only difference is the dip switch setting. Compare the dip switch, unsolder the 180 dip switch setting and solder the same exact location of the 260 dip switch setting, the meter will go with 260km/h. Can give it a try, but try at your own risk. I have one that made it from 180 - 260, is in my spare parts box. yet to test it.

ctk22

Known Member

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
VT-Ten, I counter checked GPS, it's the Japan meter not working correctly. It's reading 90 when I'm doing 110.

Weikee, can u just snap a pic of the dip switch? Need to solder ka? sounds quite difficult...

weikee

500 RPM

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
Sorry, is all assemble back, is a pain to take out the needle without snapping the spring. So I won't want to take it out again.

If you have the original 260, just take it out can compare. You need to solder the dip switch.

I find A32, and B14 meter are off by 7 to 8%. last time my SR16 meter is also off by 8-9%, (SR16 from N15 are the same family with B14)

ctk22

Known Member

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
By the way, recently my 'battery' light on meter cluster lights up. Initially thought it's alternator problem, but i took risk to drive on. After ONE WEEK, the light is still on and checked the battery, apparently the alternator is charging the battery very well. The foremen said it's the faulty in alternator that's feeding wrong info to the dashboard. Will replace with my previous VQ30 alternator next week.

ctk22

Known Member

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
yours is digital, i am not sure if it will work. cause if you dismental the back of the speed meter, there is some dip switch which is already solder, the setting maybe is universal for mph, kmh and 260 to 180, difference dip switch setting will give difference setting. maybe you can try compare to your 260km meter dip switch and try use the same setting.
Hi Weikee, need ur help to identify which is the dip switch, attached photo of back of meter panel.
:adore::adore:

I dint see any switch that can be adjusted cos all are soldered onto the circuit sheet.

Attachments

weikee

500 RPM

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
This is not dismantle complete, you got to dismantle the meter, take the speedo unit out, and inside you should see it.

Dismantle it out till you need to take out the speedo needle. This one is a delicate job, make sure you don't snap the internal spring, once the spring snap your speedo will "dance" freely.

ctk22

Known Member

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
oic... will have to work on it again... thanx!!

RONIN

Known Member

RONIN

Known Member
Jun 22, 2004
where u do engine transplant? any learning wanna share?

ctk22

Known Member

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
Did it in Tmn Sg Besi.

1st thing, inspect for a clean engine internal, ie opening up the oil cap and check for carbon deposits inside. This will tell u how previous owner maintain the car.

Also, transfer all electrical parts and wiring to save u headache later.

doraemon98

Known Member

doraemon98

Known Member
Feb 3, 2010
Penang
Did it in Tmn Sg Besi.

1st thing, inspect for a clean engine internal, ie opening up the oil cap and check for carbon deposits inside. This will tell u how previous owner maintain the car.

Also, transfer all electrical parts and wiring to save u headache later.
What to look for under oil cap and how to judge the whether the car was proper maintained or not?

Cefiromaniac

Cefiromaniac

Mar 28, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
Just wanting to know if we change our fuel pump to 3.0L will it make any difference as for now its my ori want 2.0L my millage is 110km so far no issue but at times i feel lack of power when i kick down.

weikee

500 RPM

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
the engine is still 2L, no point changing fuel pump. Also the fuel pump are the same.

For all 1/2 cut shopping, if you know the shop owner is better, can place order of the cut you want and give them good instruction. I got mine from my friend shop, all the wiring are uncut, from front to the rear brake light. except the airbag.

sb3

1,000 RPM

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Just wanting to know if we change our fuel pump to 3.0L will it make any difference as for now its my ori want 2.0L my millage is 110km so far no issue but at times i feel lack of power when i kick down.
Changing the fuel pump doesn't make your car more powerful. The fuel mixture is measured when the injectors injects fuel to the combustion chamber. I changed my to a 3.0L pump, no difference leh.. Maybe you might increase a liitle bit of power if you play around with an adjustable fuel regulator (a little bit onlylah...).:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Most of the half cut will look super clean when you open the oil cap coz the chop shop dealer have cunningly 'cleaned the deposits' in and out of the engine. Just be suspiscious if the half-cut is extremely clean. Even the mileage (analog) can be rigged to show a 'seldom use' mileage.

weikee

500 RPM

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
Not all shop are bad lah, just need to look at the mileage, the condition of the dash board, engine bay, brake, and others area to be sure. and also check the hose. Type of accident it got into, or why it was cut.

i got my SR16ve 1/2 cut, the car is practically like new. only clock 20kkm. my 3L VQ 1/2 cut engine bay is dam clean, only clock 60+-kkm, when i take out the VQ engine to change all oil seal, can see the internal are so clean.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

As some of you may know, i just converted a BMW E46 with 1jz engine, due to i am getting more and more familiar with the new characteristics of the car and i have been pushing it a lot. Now i've noticed, whenever i floor it hard and fast, the water temp will raise a little over the mid mark, upon slowing down, it will return to below middle. Have asked the mechanic that did the conversion, he said its very normal because its a turbo engine, when push hard thus will hot a little...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience