Change Of Ownership (Tukar Nama)

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
thought ill do a short step by step write up to help those who needs to DIY cause runner fee's can be quite high.

1. Buyer and seller to discuss who will pay for inspection and change of ownership fee's.
-Inspection Rm30
-Change Name - Rm150

2.Seller to bring car to puspakom to complete inspection with geran/registration card. Request for form at the counter. complete inspection and collect the slip/result.
B5 - if new owner buys with cash
B5/B7 - if new owner is using hire purchase/car loan, once done provide approval slip to bank and bank will do name transfer on their side, you pay the bank rm300-400 depends on the banks...they call this transfer fee if im not mistaken.

-please remove your tint if its too dark yourself by going over to an accesory shop, they can charge between rm30-60 depends on car/place etc.. if not puspakom guys will just tear it off and leave the gum all there or just fail you.
-some are even open on saturdays for those who are busy working during weekdays. can check out their site
Puspakom Branches and Opening Hours

3.Once done, print out chang of ownership form 2 copies or go to the nearest used car dealer and get the form from them. One for buyer and one for seller. A copy of each IC, sign on the form together with right THUMBPRINT. (it is not indicated on the form which finger,so please take note). If buyer or seller are from different states, can be done via courier/post, only original is accepted.

Tukar Milik JPJ Forms

4.Ensure that the previous owner has canx the insurance policy for the vehicle and you have activated the insurance for the vehicle under your name.

5.Proceed to JPJ for change of name request with geran and all the documents above.

For those who cant go to jpj directly:

Runner fees for inspection can range from rm80-rm150, and change name rm300. for those who dont have time, can use this services. For those who needs special request due to punched engine number, mounting modification, no approvla for sunroof etc or aka special case, you have no choice but to bare the fee's of a runner which is going to cost definitely more than Rm150 for special case. I even heard of Rm1k for this kind of situations.

Prepare your geran, photocopy of IC buyer and seller and hand over to runner. He will also need the original signed copy of the forms mentioned above.

For those who want, can aslo call puspakom 03-20527474 and schedule an appointment 3 days in advance to come over to your house and perform the inspection Rm100 service fee+rm30. However only certain branches can offer this services, so check at the link above or contact them.

If i left out anything please state so i can add or correct them. this is just from my previous experiences.

Last edited:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
when i bought my car recently, i dont remember thumbprinting anywhere. is it a new rule?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Bro AD_EG, i plan to buy a car cash from kl seller the next few weeks, i'm from pg..How long does it take for ownership transfer?..Thx

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
when i bought my car recently, i dont remember thumbprinting anywhere. is it a new rule?
yes..implemented sometime this year.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
just make sure the current insurance for the car is under ur name, if its not then buy a new insurance under ur name, the current ncb will follow the car/plate number, or else they will reject the name transfer

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
Bro AD_EG, i plan to buy a car cash from kl seller the next few weeks, i'm from pg..How long does it take for ownership transfer?..Thx
bring completed original change ownership forms, inspection slip, geran(registration card) etc.. go in the morning, should be able to settle within the day bro.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
bring completed original change ownership forms, inspection slip, geran(registration card) etc.. go in the morning, should be able to settle within the day bro.
oh ok..thx a lot bro..

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
oh ok..thx a lot bro..
bro, check with the owner of the car if he has any outstanding hire purchase(.loan with bank) or not...if he does, he needs to settle that, get the geran from the bank, and ensure the Ebatal is done..

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
bro, check with the owner of the car if he has any outstanding hire purchase(.loan with bank) or not...if he does, he needs to settle that, get the geran from the bank, and ensure the Ebatal is done..
it's a year 1995 car, i think loan also paid up ade..thx for yr advice..

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
if u guys really need to work, actually i can get my boy to assist
inspection:rm150 for B5 only (cash buyer), rm250 for B5 & B7 (buyer with loan)
transfer name: rm250 (cash buyer) & rm300 (with hire purchase loan) done within the same day.
sumpah with thumbprint - rm8 per piece
the whole process within 2 days.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
if u guys really need to work, actually i can get my boy to assist
inspection:rm150 for B5 only (cash buyer), rm250 for B5 & B7 (buyer with loan)
transfer name: rm250 (cash buyer) & rm300 (with hire purchase loan) done within the same day.
sumpah with thumbprint - rm8 per piece
the whole process within 2 days.
Thx a lot taikor, will call u if i need yr help..

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
bro AD_EG, the ownership tranfer forms @ the JPJ link above still the same with the copy at the JPJ office rite? i want to print lah if the same. no need to go jpj to get the form..

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

another Q is is the HPI puspakom guys strict? my exhaust kind of big at the back. do you think they bother about that?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
bro AD_EG, the ownership tranfer forms @ the JPJ link above still the same with the copy at the JPJ office rite? i want to print lah if the same. no need to go jpj to get the form..

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

another Q is is the HPI puspakom guys strict? my exhaust kind of big at the back. do you think they bother about that?

i just send my car for inspection 2weeks ago, my muffler outlet size is abt 3.5-4"...No prob..

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh

bro kanan,

yes you can use those as its taken direct from jpj bro...thats why i post it up to help you guys straight away print at home, no need go find used car la,jpj la etc.

and about exhaust they dont kacau during B5...my exhaust last time damn bising also they approve...somore when they drive out, they will rev loud loud ...:stupid:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I was there in the Restaurant opposite Summit , near the Shell
Parked my car there , then about 50 meters away ,
Could not sit outside because of Rain , so no chance to see the car
Lucky i set my radiostar vibration level to sensitive
As soon as i got to my car , one fella was running with his motorbike.
Thank god got shock sensors to detect em when he was trying to break in
Just for my Autogauge Defi look alike ka ?
Radiostar u rock.. guys better get any alarm that got shock sensor.. feel safer
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience