change engine oil base on oil's colour?

Rock Lee

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2004
Klang, Selangor
www.rockmotorsport.com
hey guys,

just want your opinion on this. I saw this quote online

Another indicator that the oil needs to be changed is by looking at the color of the oil. Use the dipstick to find out both the level and color of your engine oil. The color should be transparent and light amber. Older oil is darker in color. If your engine oil is black, it should be replaced immediately to avoid damage to the engine
My X's oil is very black now, but I just got it change recently, it's not even pass 500km yet, but its been 1 month ++

what do u guys think? or it is common for most X to be like this.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
it is reaaaally black, or have deposits in them dat makes it LOOK blacken? does it feel thick? high viscosity? honey like viscosity? what oil are u using sir?

prolonged use of oil does turn it thick and black, which i dont think is ur case here. please clarify, thank you sir

Rock Lee

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2004
Klang, Selangor
www.rockmotorsport.com
Hi there,

im using eneos mineral oil.
It is really black, no deposits, just black in colour.
NOT honey like viscosity, like normal engine oil.

btw.. it smelt like its mixed with burnt petrol. kinda heavy summore. haha

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

Hi there,

im using eneos mineral oil.
It is really black, no deposits, just black in colour.
NOT honey like viscosity, like normal engine oil.

btw.. it smelt like its mixed with burnt petrol. kinda heavy summore. haha

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
it is reaaaally black, or have deposits in them dat makes it LOOK blacken? does it feel thick? high viscosity? honey like viscosity? what oil are u using sir?

prolonged use of oil does turn it thick and black, which i dont think is ur case here. please clarify, thank you sir

Bro, mine also turn black after less than 1km of using it..using Mobil1 5w-50(fully sync)..no deposits and of cos the oil doesn't feel like honey(viscosity)..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi to all i'm using waja 1.8 changed to 4g93 ck2a enjin. i bought half cut for 8.5k ,bought spare parts ard 4k and labour charge and wiring charge 2.5k...after they finish pasang my enjin found out the problems oil pump is not functioning,so i went to half cut shop they said they were not warranty for this problem,shit i have to spend RM350 for an oil pump and overhaule the enjin cost me another 2k..blower not function and cooling coil gas leaking ,spend RM500, finally my car done , exhaust...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience