Change Clutch for 4G93P

kowkl

Nov 26, 2003
Bros,

I would like to check your advice to veryfy info given by 2 different foreman :-

Foreman 1.

Change a: Clutch Plate
b: Oil Seals
Don't need to change Clutch Cover coz still good condition.
Use back existing gear oil coz just change less than 2 mth.

Brand of Parts used - Never Ask.

Price : Below RM500.

Foreman 2.

Change a: Clutch Plate
b: Oil Seals
c: Clutch Cover (Usually change by most people)
Use back existing gear oil

Brand of Parts used - MMC RM700 (parts only)
- OEM RM 380 (parts only)
Labour RM180

MY QUESTION :

1. Can the Clutch Cover be reused if it's not damange ? Better to change or not ?
2. Is the price for MMC RM700 over priced or justifyable ?
3. Are the above price ok or I kena potong leher ?

Tks for valuable feedback.

satria_95

I think Eneos has this.

Clutch plate and clutch cover and etc etc etc. RM280 (or something like that). Labour is about RM180 or something like that. I know it's cheaper than RM500 but I forgot the exact price.

The clutch and clutch plate is Exedy DK.

satria81

Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
Bro,

1. Can the Clutch Cover be reused if it's not damange ? Better to change or not ?

Its better n wise to change clutch cover at a go....this would be more satisfyin just bcos in between later on if it screw's up u wud have to again spend on workmanship to remove n reinstall...so better at a go change it n bearing as well.

This MMC im not sure,but a set of EXEDY daikin clutch n cover n bearing wud be like RM330 or a little below(have to check) its better u check it out at spare part shop...

As for the labour cost, i feel its high cos my fren just changed his P/Putra clutch set n paid RM110 for workmanship.Maybe RM180 bcos u were quoted by a performance shop?

Gearbox oil depends on ur milage actually.

All above is as per what i do to my car personally...

kowkl

Nov 26, 2003
Bro,

Is the Exedy daikin a performance clutch ? Is it going to be heavier than OEM ? Sometimes I kena stuck in jam for like 1 hr, matilah if heavy.

Anyone got good connections or purchase anything from the sparepart shop in Paramount garden and can check for me. I've call a few times to check on price with them and scared kena F*** if call again and never buy.

Thanks for all feed back.

gary

May 9, 2005
subang
TermiziYeoh said:
Racing clutch or OEM one ?
i think at prices of around Rm500 for parts and labour, should be OEM replacement. Racing clutch, the parts alone cost more than RM800.

Dont bother with MMC is my recommendation. There are too many immitation parts out there with an MMC sticker for a start. Secondly, the MMC OEM clutch components are made by DAIKIN anyways, who also make all the OEM components for Exedy. So buy the Exedy stuff. Its around Rm380(the last time i changed clutch, 4 years ago) i think, cover, and plate. Made in Japan.

I own a wira 1.8, almost 10 years old, 320,000 km on the odo, and i have only changed clutch and plate once. I use my car for track days and autocross events. I think that OEM is more than good enough.

kowkl

Nov 26, 2003
I've been to Eneos in Metro Prima and enquired and the quy told me that Exedy don't manufacture clutch for 1.5 & 1.8(Heavy Duty one selling RM380 for Gen 2 - Clutch plate, cover & bearing).

Gary,
Question

1.There is only one sports clutch plate only RM380 with bearing. Will sports clutch makes the paddle feel heavier ?

2. If I change - this sport clutch with existing clutch cover, will it be a good combination ?

Thanks.

kowkl

Nov 26, 2003
Help....................Help................

g88

Jan 28, 2004
kowkl said:
Bros,
MY QUESTION :

Tks for valuable feedback.

>> Yes it's possible but NORMALLY ppl will change clutch plate, cover together. 50/50 change the clutch bearing also (depend got sound or not, it's won't be expensive)

>> Can't really comment. But geniune MMC part is slightly expensive (make sure it's Made in Japan)....and last longer then local Proton one.

>> NO comment