change big rims,reduce vibration???

babyGreddy

Known Member
Nov 27, 2003
kuala lumpur
Visit site
hi guys,

just need ur advice: i have changed my all 4 abs to monroe reflex (hydraulic) nice to ride n amazingly my 1.3 wira aero got pick up but there is kinda vibration interiorly whenever going on rough road,for example:- players shaking,meters vibrate or even the front seats.

when i changed the abs,i also changed the mountings.when i told the mech he said if want smooth riding i have to change rims to 14" or 15" with tyre 'nipis' then i cant feel the inner vibration (currently using 13" the stock alloy rims) and will get smooth riding since my abs rear and front hyraulic. is this true?? or is there any other solution?
pls help me out.

WAJA2003

Nov 14, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
walau what the mech said ohh??
change to nipis tyre not feel more bumpy 1 mehhh??hmm is it the shop hv sale rim n tyre also 1???? mayeb that mech ask u buy he stuff let he untung only larrr.
u vibration is how 1?? try see u tyre balancing,or last tiem u absorber kong it hv damage u tyre or not.....use u hand touch u tyre surface see smooth or tak rata,if tak rat asure vibrate lorrr..hope it can help lar.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
babyGreddy,

according to my personal experience, smaller profile (thinner tyre wall) tyre tends to give you more vibration.

Just my 2 cents.

EVO3gsr

Known Member
Jul 22, 2005
KL
after balancing/alignment stil vibrate.....put strut bar....ehehe

xerofighter

Not so senior member
Mar 2, 2004
Subang
BlackSamurai said:
babyGreddy,

according to my personal experience, smaller profile (thinner tyre wall) tyre tends to give you more vibration.

Just my 2 cents.
ya. i suppose the thinner the tyre profile the less room there is for the tyres to actually soak up the bumps.

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
previously u were using gas shocks is it?

either that, or ur previous shock has worn out. once change to new shocks, the ride will be back to normal again.
we all know that spring without shock absorbers will bounce and rebounce helplessly. which is why the shocks were designed in the 1st place. hydraulic shocks gives superior ride comfort. gas filled shocks hardened it a bit for better roadhandling and control.

if ur using normal tyres, the amount of comfort increase, but level of bouncing also higher as well as 'rolling'. to reduce this, sacrifice a bit of comfort by using lower profile tyres or changing to gas shocks. if u feel gas shocks too hard for you, try monroe sensatrac. a bit on the expensive side though.

if handling is your priority, start with tyres/wheels first to get the right tuning. otherwise u will just waste time. after change tyres than only tune the suspension.

gud luck :D

Freedom_Blue

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
KUALA LUMPUR
Thru my experiance,not only by changing ur absobers will give u a good smooth ride.Check ur lower arms,rack,all the mountings from back to front.For the inside i have no coments.When ur car is old u have to face it.Maybe u can try changing the interior to new stuffs.Mybe might solf ur problem.

babyGreddy

Known Member
Nov 27, 2003
kuala lumpur
Visit site
thanx sifus.

i have done tyre balancing n checked everything in good condition.my abs are monroe reflex but i still retained the stock/ori wira springs. apart from that mounting,lower arms n bushes all checked and changed but problems like very stiff riding still there.

shall i change the front abs to oil or just remain with gas?is it ok to retain the gas abs for front??

Freedom_Blue

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
KUALA LUMPUR
My friend u use gas in front of course it feels hard.Use oil or nitrogen or hydralic or also gas & oil.I think the last 1 is the best.This is base on own experiance.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all you detailing 'kakis',

Finally, we now have a detailing center that not only provides professional detailing services, but also using the complete range of Meguiar's products imported from USA!

The place is called Harry Bright and they are located in Taman Mayang, along the same row as YS Khong and Stuttgart.

These guys are serious as they even use Meguiar's shampoo for car wash! Even engine cleaning uses Meguiar's degreaser! Wow, no more 'Ah Kau' or 'Ah lok' products to damage my...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience