Cerfio A32

Nov 25, 2012
Antigua, W.I.
I own a 1994 Nissan Cefiro Excimo A32 with a VQ20DE 5F Manual Transmission.. After some research i realized that my VQ20 engine did not come with variable valve timing.. but all the other VQ series does.. Is it possible to fix the head of another VQ engine like VQ30DE to get VVT on my VQ20.. and will my OEM computer be able to control it?

I also want to know, is my engine capable of handling Platinum IR Fusion Spark Plug? i provided photos so u can see..

i am a new up coming car enthusiast so i may not know all the car terms... i plan to learn to tune vehicles and i love legal car racing... especially drag racing..

Dan KC

May 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
if you need those vvt you need a set of head,wiring and a vq30 computer board in order to use those vvt.i guess those plugs would not suitable for your vq20.go for normal plugs instead .

Dotch

Nov 25, 2012
Antigua, W.I.
Thanks for the reply... Dan KC...

Question... If you ere to set up your A32 with a VQ20DE and manaul trans.. what would you change first to get the most of your engine... and would you consider it with proper tuning and setup .. worthy to be on a drag strip..

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
I own a 1994 Nissan Cefiro Excimo A32 with a VQ20DE 5F Manual Transmission.. After some research i realized that my VQ20 engine did not come with variable valve timing.. but all the other VQ series does.. Is it possible to fix the head of another VQ engine like VQ30DE to get VVT on my VQ20.. and will my OEM computer be able to control it?

I also want to know, is my engine capable of handling Platinum IR Fusion Spark Plug? i provided photos so u can see..

i am a new up coming car enthusiast so i may not know all the car terms... i plan to learn to tune vehicles and i love legal car racing... especially drag racing..
NOT ALL VQ has VVT. Some have VVT some have Variable intake length. Only the newer VQ35DE and newer has VVT.

For your car if you have a VQ20De not much you can do to the car, best way is to install turbos. But you might want to consider putting in the VQ30DE-K which has optimized intake manifolds and variable intake but no VVT. The VQ30DE-K (improved version over the VQ30DE) is the best of the "old school VQs before the new generation VQ35DE and better started coming out.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

basically im driving a 1981 toyota corona(TT-132).. i have been told tht cars tht were produced before 1985 are non-galvanized metal.. so the metal will degrade dractically over time and become soft... is this true? and will it be worth it to maintain and mod my car? i've spent about 10k so far restoring it cuz it was a mess when i got it.. i want an engine transplant but im not sure wht to get.. AE101 and AE111 is front wheel drive.. mine is a rear wheel drive... and my surrent 3T engine is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience