centre frequency??? Q factor??? Bass extension??

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
just got my kenwood kdc-x7529

im very messed up with the setting... first when i was in default setting, i just play with the amp hp setting and tweeter positioning and i can get to listen to "reverb" effect , the distance of the singer behind the mic ( is tis call depth?) and the sound of voice bounces left and right from a borrowed copy of chesky records cd.... but when i set my amp to full pass and try to control everything from the hu, i lose my left and right effect.. only can listen the position of the stage of near and far....and the sound effect distance (the so-called depth .. i tink) is nearer..meaning to say its loosing the effect of the sound coming from the imaginary suprano singing several feet behind the mic...is all this differant effect called imaging?

this is my current setting maybe anyone of you could correct me i did something silly on my learning process...
bass centre frequency- 60hz
bass Q factor - 1.25
bass extention- duno wat the hell is this i put it to off as default

mid centre frequency - 1khz
mid Q factor - 1.0

treble centre frequency - 12.5khz

my front and rear HP on the HU is set on 60hz and my sub pre out i set it to full pass and i adjust using my para EQ.

the above setting is done with my amp being set to full pass.

however .. during the first time i get those effect of near,far,left and right effect of a music i found out that the singing isnt too natural....why ah? issit the mid frequency is too high? default it came as 1khz.....

btw wat does centre frequency means anyway? does it mean fixed frequency?

im blurred and sound weired....

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
the numbers u mentioned are for the parametric eq.

first u must know which frequency/freequencies u want to adjust (cut or boost)

since parametric controls a bunch of frequencies together, the center frequency means exactly that, u will adjust the other frequencies lower and above the center frequency.

the Q means how wide do u want the adjustment to effect the other frequencies. high q means the frequency band is narrow, so u dont effect much of the frequencies further from the center frequency, just the ones immediately close to it. low q means its a wide band, so youre adjustment will effect a lot of frequencies lower and above the center frequency.

Last edited: