Cefiro A31

Spec R

1,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi to All Sifus and Members,

I'm planning to buy Cefiro A31, please advice me on the current market price and what are the Skyline bodyparts that can fitted nicely for this model ? and does those bodyparts are legal on road ?

Appreciate your reponse...

Thank You

Last edited:

achelone

Known Member
Jun 3, 2009
market price stay the same for several years. its already static at rm25k - rm30k for rb20det, 30k - 40k for rb25det and more than 40k is for rb26dett fitted cefiro a31. stock grandpa standard u can find at rm10k to rm17k. with mods u can fit any skyline body to cefiro a31 and that even the GTR from r32, r33 and r34. bear in mine if u want GTR body, its wider than normal so u need spacer and u have to widening the rear a bit to follow the front part. otherwise the gts,gtst and gtt fit fine (with little mod of course) and it also can fit s13 silvia and s14 silvia front to the cefiro a31. haven't see anybody do the s15 though.

is it legal? dunno. u might have the same problem with jpj like the other dude have which wira convert evo3, perdana convert eterna and etc. for me its interesting to fit GTR front though but me mo chien atm..... huhuhu

Spec R

1,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
market price stay the same for several years. its already static at rm25k - rm30k for rb20det, 30k - 40k for rb25det and more than 40k is for rb26dett fitted cefiro a31. stock grandpa standard u can find at rm10k to rm17k. with mods u can fit any skyline body to cefiro a31 and that even the GTR from r32, r33 and r34. bear in mine if u want GTR body, its wider than normal so u need spacer and u have to widening the rear a bit to follow the front part. otherwise the gts,gtst and gtt fit fine (with little mod of course) and it also can fit s13 silvia and s14 silvia front to the cefiro a31. haven't see anybody do the s15 though.

is it legal? dunno. u might have the same problem with jpj like the other dude have which wira convert evo3, perdana convert eterna and etc. for me its interesting to fit GTR front though but me mo chien atm..... huhuhu
Thank you for prompt reply bro.... which are the reliable engine for A31 ? SR20DET or RB20DET ? Thank you

achelone

Known Member
Jun 3, 2009
support for aftermarkets will lean to SR20DET. Both engine have the same potential but the RB20DET are kinda old tech (although i'm very fond of this engine and cheaper than SR). If u want to upgrade the engine regularly get the SR or consider the RB25DET.....but u want to hear lovely 6 inline exhaust note and u don't have that much moolah...RB20DET is not a bad choice

Spec R

1,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
support for aftermarkets will lean to SR20DET. Both engine have the same potential but the RB20DET are kinda old tech (although i'm very fond of this engine and cheaper than SR). If u want to upgrade the engine regularly get the SR or consider the RB25DET.....but u want to hear lovely 6 inline exhaust note and u don't have that much moolah...RB20DET is not a bad choice
Thanks bro... how about the maintenance for RB20DET ?

achelone

Known Member
Jun 3, 2009
like normal car......

timing belt = rm220
water pump = rm100
oil filter = rm20-rm40
engine oil -> Petronas 20W50 (before i use 10W40) =sister sponsor
fuel filter = rm20

engine oil and oil filter need to change every 4000km / 4 month (for me)
timing belt and water pump every 100000km
that's for regular service.

since its an old car, bushing need to be replaced here and there and parts that always give u some headache will be the coil pack, fuel pump, aircond compressor and power steering. expect old car maintenance but as far rb20det engine goes, it just need normal car engine maintenance.....my cefiro is my daily ride and it only die once after owning it for 2++ years.....and that problem cause by my fuel pump.....the engine never broke down on me....YET

Spec R

1,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
like normal car......

timing belt = rm220
water pump = rm100
oil filter = rm20-rm40
engine oil -> Petronas 20W50 (before i use 10W40) =sister sponsor
fuel filter = rm20

engine oil and oil filter need to change every 4000km / 4 month (for me)
timing belt and water pump every 100000km
that's for regular service.

since its an old car, bushing need to be replaced here and there and parts that always give u some headache will be the coil pack, fuel pump, aircond compressor and power steering. expect old car maintenance but as far rb20det engine goes, it just need normal car engine maintenance.....my cefiro is my daily ride and it only die once after owning it for 2++ years.....and that problem cause by my fuel pump.....the engine never broke down on me....YET
Thank you so much for the information bro... how about the fuel consumption ?

achelone

Known Member
Jun 3, 2009
didn't count it and didn't want too...hahahahaa

rm50 (ron 95) from muadzam shah to port klang....around 300km? but using for short distance....rm40 will spend around 4 days with 25km trips each day....

Spec R

1,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
didn't count it and didn't want too...hahahahaa

rm50 (ron 95) from muadzam shah to port klang....around 300km? but using for short distance....rm40 will spend around 4 days with 25km trips each day....
Bro... your engine is standard stock RB20DET or you change it ? thanks

achelone

Known Member
Jun 3, 2009
engine is standard but the turbo changed to rb25 with additional cap ayam mbc and cap ayam FPR....

wkwoo69

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
This is very accurate input. I like my Cefiro a lot. The parts interchangeability across other (performance) Nissans is fantastic. Engine (RB20DET) is not really powerful but it is very smooth. VTEC and turbo 4s just cannot compare in that respect.

achelone

Known Member
Jun 3, 2009
true it just need more boost (<0.9) to compensate with heavy cefiro body.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm looking for a manufacuturer of braided stainless steel lines and anodized connectors and fittings (Earls, Aeroquip). I would like to replace any hose; to include, vacuum hoses, radiator hoses, fuel lines, oil lines, basically anthing that can be replaced. Has anyone accomplished this before? If so, about what did it cost you and how did you know what you needed, how long, what thickness and so forth.

Forgot to mention, for 4G63T motor. Thanks in advance...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience