Caution to all

I would like to share my experience with everyone here and hope you can pass this information around to your family members, relatives and friends.

This happen yesterday night at Seremban 2 area. Precise location is the commercial area just opposite AEON.

I brought my wife and my daughter for dinner with my parents at a Japanese restaurant there. My car was park right across the street of the restaurant. Nothing seems wrong at that time. We spent about 1 hour at the dinner and we part our ways. I didn't notice anything weird with my car that time because it was night time and the parking area was not well lit at my side there so I put my daughter into the car and my wife got on the car too. I just start the car and drive away. Now here comes the problem. Not even 5 minutes into the drive I notice there's sound emitting from the back of my car...sort of like grinding sound not very loud but audible inside the cabin with the radio volume turn down. I asked my wife was there a sound coming from the back, she listens and say yes.

I took a glance at the rear view mirror that time. I also dont know why and I was surprised to see the same Proton Gen2 with 1 headlight not working and a broken no plate following me at the back which my memory flash back was park not far from my car when I was getting into my car at the car park. At that point, I know something was not right. I didn't told me wife as I didn't wish to panic her. At this point the tire sound from the back was getting louder and louder and I just drove slowly because I don't want to cause an accident to my family if I drive fast. I told my wife we will go to a petrol station to check out the problem. Thank god I proceeded to drive into a very busy petrol station at Jln Sg. Ujong and god was on my side when there was 2 police patrol cars at the station. I drove in and the Gen2 followed but he just stop at the station entrance when he saw so many cars and police there. I stopped at the air pump station and I checked my side mirror before I went down and before I went down I told me wife to lock the car door and don't open it no matter what happen.

I stand beside my car and found my rear tires was puncture. The most puncture one was the left rear while the right rear still got some air left in it. I stand there and pin my sight on that Gen2 for 5 mins without letting it out of my sight. That time the Gen2 just stop there and after that the car slowly reverse and drive away.

After the Gen2 went away then only I proceed to pump my flat tires. Lucky for me the tires still can hold in air and I pump in a 10 psi extra in case anything. When I drove away from the station, I kept my eye looking out for that Gen2 and thank god it was gone.

This morning I sent my tires to the shop for repair and the shop guy showed me my tires had 2 very large blade cut into the tire grooves. The blades were 1.5 inch to 2 inch long. 1 blade manage to get lodge into the tire while the other one lodge half into the tire but broke off.

Then I start to think back yesterday night, I was actually being targeted as a victim for robbery or car jack...no one knows and thank god nothing happens to my wife and daughter or me....

The sad part is, I was driving with flat tires and non of the other drives on the road honk me about it or notify me. I don't blame them though.

So to all of you here, please be extra careful and PLEASE DO NOT STOP your car at any roadside if you found some noise or sound coming from the car. Seriously, if I choose to stop at the roadside when I hear the sound, I think I would have been robbed. Be safe everyone....and share this to people around you.

This is a pic I took this morning. I was very lucky that I drove slowly and the tires didn't give away. When I stop at the petrol station the tires were very hot....

I would like to share my experience with everyone here and hope you can pass this information around to your family members, relatives and friends.

This happen yesterday night at Seremban 2 area. Precise location is the commercial area just opposite AEON.

I brought my wife and my daughter for dinner with my parents at a Japanese restaurant there. My car was park right across the street of the restaurant. Nothing seems wrong at that time. We spent about 1 hour at the dinner and we part our ways. I didn't notice anything weird with my car that time because it was night time and the parking area was not well lit at my side there so I put my daughter into the car and my wife got on the car too. I just start the car and drive away. Now here comes the problem. Not even 5 minutes into the drive I notice there's sound emitting from the back of my car...sort of like grinding sound not very loud but audible inside the cabin with the radio volume turn down. I asked my wife was there a sound coming from the back, she listens and say yes.

I took a glance at the rear view mirror that time. I also dont know why and I was surprised to see the same Proton Gen2 with 1 headlight not working and a broken no plate following me at the back which my memory flash back was park not far from my car when I was getting into my car at the car park. At that point, I know something was not right. I didn't told me wife as I didn't wish to panic her. At this point the tire sound from the back was getting louder and louder and I just drove slowly because I don't want to cause an accident to my family if I drive fast. I told my wife we will go to a petrol station to check out the problem. Thank god I proceeded to drive into a very busy petrol station at Jln Sg. Ujong and god was on my side when there was 2 police patrol cars at the station. I drove in and the Gen2 followed but he just stop at the station entrance when he saw so many cars and police there. I stopped at the air pump station and I checked my side mirror before I went down and before I went down I told me wife to lock the car door and don't open it no matter what happen.

I stand beside my car and found my rear tires was puncture. The most puncture one was the left rear while the right rear still got some air left in it. I stand there and pin my sight on that Gen2 for 5 mins without letting it out of my sight. That time the Gen2 just stop there and after that the car slowly reverse and drive away.

After the Gen2 went away then only I proceed to pump my flat tires. Lucky for me the tires still can hold in air and I pump in a 10 psi extra in case anything. When I drove away from the station, I kept my eye looking out for that Gen2 and thank god it was gone.

This morning I sent my tires to the shop for repair and the shop guy showed me my tires had 2 very large blade cut into the tire grooves. The blades were 1.5 inch to 2 inch long. 1 blade manage to get lodge into the tire while the other one lodge half into the tire but broke off.

Then I start to think back yesterday night, I was actually being targeted as a victim for robbery or car jack...no one knows and thank god nothing happens to my wife and daughter or me....

The sad part is, I was driving with flat tires and non of the other drives on the road honk me about it or notify me. I don't blame them though.

So to all of you here, please be extra careful and PLEASE DO NOT STOP your car at any roadside if you found some noise or sound coming from the car. Seriously, if I choose to stop at the roadside when I hear the sound, I think I would have been robbed. Be safe everyone....and share this to people around you.

This is a pic I took this morning. I was very lucky that I drove slowly and the tires didn't give away. When I stop at the petrol station the tires were very hot....
Thanks for sharing bro, I never thought this would happen to a friend as well.

Will share with my friends. Take care and be more careful bro. Thank god you act smartly and
calm during the incident.

VTEC LoVeR

Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
Hi bro TR, thanks and appreciate for the sharing.
Good decision making and this should we learn for...:smokin:

Mr.Chaser

Jun 29, 2009
Johor
Thank you for sharing!

Thanks for the info and luckily you and your family are safe.....

The tyres are hot because you ran with no air or less air in them, that is why tyres have to be properly inflated. With the cut you were lucky the air still holds in the tyre.

Thanks for the info and luckily you and your family are safe.....

The tyres are hot because you ran with no air or less air in them, that is why tyres have to be properly inflated. With the cut you were lucky the air still holds in the tyre.
Vr, the rear left was totally no air at all that's why you can see the side wall wording all kena damage. The other side the blade lodge half into the tire only. When I pump back the rear left tire I was pretty careful because I scare it might burst as the tire was out of its seating a little bit but lucky nothing serious happen. My left rear tire valve sustain damage but lucky it was this morning at the tire shop the guy found the inner side of the valve damage.

Also the funny thing is, after I pump at the petrol station until this morning my both tires was not flatten totally like the time I notice it during the incident. I was still able to drive it at moderate speed to the tire shop.

Vr, the rear left was totally no air at all that's why you can see the side wall wording all kena damage. The other side the blade lodge half into the tire only. When I pump back the rear left tire I was pretty careful because I scare it might burst as the tire was out of its seating a little bit but lucky nothing serious happen. My left rear tire valve sustain damage but lucky it was this morning at the tire shop the guy found the inner side of the valve damage.

Also the funny thing is, after I pump at the petrol station until this morning my both tires was not flatten totally like the time I notice it during the incident. I was still able to drive it at moderate speed to the tire shop.
I read your post again, you mention blade in tyre groove. Probably they left the blade pointing into the groove and let the air out. Once you drive off the blade will poke into the tyre as the weight of the car rolls over it. Since the blade is stuck there it will emit a sound on every rotation. Either that or the sound comes from the rotation hitting the valve of the completely flat tyre.
Have heard of this and other stories similar to this on quite a few occasions.

As mentioned you are lucky that the tyre still holds air after you pump it up.....

vr, yeah something like that....

Good sharing Titan, and yeah this kinds of incidents already very common especially in my home country. My syster in law also experienced similar back in Jakarta. So never stops right away on the side of the streets. Always look for a safe place to stop, never mind your tires, your safety is far more important than destroying 1 or 2 piece fo used tires.