castrol magnatec causes con rod bearing damage?

wasteg4te

Known Member
Sep 22, 2005
jb
ive been used castrol magnatec since 2006.
sr20det FF
so far no problem...

but if someone know how to identify the fake magnetec
please let us know.

flanker c

Known Member
Jul 24, 2007
nowdays too much fake engine oil on sparepart shop..beware..i also hear many case..don't buy engine oil at spare part shop..buy at trusted dealer..usually sparepart shop cheaper +/- rm 10.00 than original dealer..wanna cheap rm 10.00 lastly u must pay much money for engine repair..my friend also kena..they use castrol magnatec buy at sparepart shop..now they got spun rod bearing RB25DET used only 200km after change new oil...luckly mine still stick to motul engine oil..:proud: use 4 years no problems...i also hear couple of formen said if u want use trusted engine oil petrolpump brand example : petronas,shell,caltex u must buy at petrolpump..guarantee 100% ori...dont buy at sparepart shop..:nurse:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
u cant possibly know which is which, those oil manufacturers even have their agents in plain cloth surveying the market, and they cudnt identify the original from the fake units. buy from dealers dat u trust, and buy at the stations, these two has always been my practice for years, especially after the kilang in rawang was busted. seeing dat in tv made me even more careful, because the packaging looked exactly the same as the original. be careful guys

fyi, magnetec is a good oil, it shud work as well as the others.

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey
huakenny: the workshop boss and staffs have very good knowledge in cars, dont think they used the wrong grade of oil dude. Maybe...it could be a recycle one. yeah..agreed with u guys...we're gonna be extra careful chosing a right place buying our engine oil nowadays.

fcleong

Dec 20, 2009
kuantan
my k20a using magnatic 10w40 already 6mth,so far is ok...but my friend use castrol egde(high grade then me),cam rod out dy...workshop said is a oil pump problem. problem...

dD69

Known Member
Jun 12, 2006
kuantan-kL
my friend also have same problem.
his engine's lift was jammed using the castrol magnetec.
then he change to Q8.
so far ok.
then try used back castrol magnetec and have the same problem.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Been using magnatec for 4years+ no problem. Bought at tesco. I think is the packing, the ori botol sticker can be peel off, under it is more info n stuff.

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey
too many fake engine oil on the market nowadays..workshop can even make money by selling the empty engine oil bottles.

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
ive been used castrol magnatec since 2006.
sr20det FF
so far no problem...

but if someone know how to identify the fake magnetec
please let us know.
My personal experience is by seeing the cap of the container...

When you open it, it must have the plastic breaking sound 'cleak'

Then you see the aluminium foil cover on the lid.

The ori ones are 100% sealed with sticker all round...

The non ori ones you will find the aluminium sticker slightly opened on the side.

They siphone out the ori oil with the small gap, and then mix it with cheaper oil..

Probably 80% imi and 20 ori ratio.

So whenever the aluminium sticker is not 100% sealed, reject that tong of oil....

dD69

Known Member
Jun 12, 2006
kuantan-kL
ive been using magnatec too bought from tesco...experienced loud tappet noise after 3k kms mileage.....
time to change oil .
i think V6 engine not compatible with magnetec. i had a same problem too.
after i using sumo R3, Q8, and torco, my engine run so smooth :biggrin:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
they are using diesel as ciplak oil, not used oil. used oil also can tahan lagi woo