Caster

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
Hi all,

I am in need to have my satria's caster adjusted.

please suggest a shop that can perform caster adjustments..

my front two wheels aren't straight when steering is at centre position

thanks upfront

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
'caster'?

or is it 'toe'?

i'm not sure caster can be adjusted...moreover, its more on wheel centralise force..

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
'caster'?

or is it 'toe'?

i'm not sure caster can be adjusted...moreover, its more on wheel centralise force..
hi waiora protuner,

it is not toe that needs to be adjusted

it is the caster for sure that needs to be set...any idea where I can have it done?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
hi waiora protuner,

it is the caster for sure that needs to be set...any idea where I can have it done?
As bro. Waiora mentioned most cars cannot adjust caster angle. If yours is out then probably was in an accident or hit something pretty hard

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
hi waiora protuner,

what car it is?
as vr2turbo mentioned, it might be due to accident, thus you have imbalance caster value...

the way tyre shop doing alignment wont give correct caster value...as it depends on how they aligned the laser guide...
need to turn the steering wheel to know the caster angle..

if you know how and where to adjust, i believe any tyre shop can do it for you...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
1-find offset lower arm bushes (super pro and whiteline have that..but be prepared to heart attack when u saw the price) :biggrin:

2-get camber+caster adjustable suspension top mount.... i believe ftune suspension have that in stock for satria...

*for scooby to get that was as simple as swapping the top mount from left to right...and right to left... :biggrin: :driver:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
1-find offset lower arm bushes (super pro and whiteline have that..but be prepared to heart attack when u saw the price) :biggrin:

2-get camber+caster adjustable suspension top mount.... i believe ftune suspension have that in stock for satria...

*for scooby to get that was as simple as swapping the top mount from left to right...and right to left... :biggrin: :driver:
For caster angle?....wow....:smokin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
For caster angle?....wow....:smokin:
yep..provided the car have adjustable camber plate (top mount)

normal adjustable top mount only allow left-right adjustment for camber

ftuned have the version where adjustment at 45degree angle so u adjust camber and caster as well...

for scooby...just swap left and right already have the same adjustment range... :biggrin: not sure if on wira/satria can do the same...

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yep..provided the car have adjustable camber plate (top mount)

normal adjustable top mount only allow left-right adjustment for camber
Means still need extra front back plate. Most pillow mount still more for camber only as most do not touch the caster.....:driver:

Toonny

Known Member
May 21, 2006
www.friendster.com
Hi bro, tumpang thread too. My persona also having same problem. When release your hand, steering adjusted to center, the car pulls itself to the left. The pulling angle is quite serious. I understand that ppl will say it is normal for dragging to left due to the road surface. But this is abnormal as the car goes to the left in just a second, on any speed.

Went to different shops and got the result as below. All are different ans:
1st shop told me is the tyre giving this problem. So I swapped the tyres left right, but problem still exists. --> so, not the tyre problem.
2nd shop figured out that my lower control arm bush (rear bushes, the bigger one) were loosed, so got free play on the steering. I replaced them to those caster kit. for your reference:PU Caster Bush Wira Satria Waja Persona Gen2 - Car Accessories & Parts for sale in Puchong, Selangor

But after replacement of bushes, the problem still exist.
Went to 3rd shop, told me my caster need adjustment. I have no idea on this because he mentioned caster adjustment will require magat shop / car body repair workshop to do this.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi bro, tumpang thread too. My persona also having same problem. When release your hand, steering adjusted to center, the car pulls itself to the left. The pulling angle is quite serious. I understand that ppl will say it is normal for dragging to left due to the road surface. But this is abnormal as the car goes to the left in just a second, on any speed.

Went to different shops and got the result as below. All are different ans:
1st shop told me is the tyre giving this problem. So I swapped the tyres left right, but problem still exists. --> so, not the tyre problem.
2nd shop figured out that my lower control arm bush (rear bushes, the bigger one) were loosed, so got free play on the steering. I replaced them to those caster kit. for your reference:PU Caster Bush Wira Satria Waja Persona Gen2 - Car Accessories & Parts for sale in Puchong, Selangor

But after replacement of bushes, the problem still exist.
Went to 3rd shop, told me my caster need adjustment. I have no idea on this because he mentioned caster adjustment will require magat shop / car body repair workshop to do this.
Changing the bush will not change your caster angle. Caster angle is the angle of the whole tyre point forward or backward looking at it from the side. Angle should not change unless car had accident before.
Coming to your problem, can be alignment or camber problem also...:smokin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i suspect it is more to alignment problem where the steering rack not fully dead center even your tyre having 0.0 (zero toe and well centered)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

I don't know if anyone else here likes Chop Shop (it's a Discovery Channel TV programme) but the two guys who present it have a new 'celebrity blog', which is pretty cool - you can ask them questions about modifiying cars and stuff.

Also a man called Mike Brewer is on there from Wheeler Dealers. I guess it's a kind of 'ask the experts' thing.

http://blogs.discoverychannel.co.uk/ignition/
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience