Cash Buy Car - Issue

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
What are the issues if u buy "Cash Buy Only" car.
The only thing I know is u cant loan from bank, as student AP, or invalid AP.
1. How about insurance ?
2. Change register card - owner name ?
3. Other related issue ?

Please someone could help me, as I plan to cash buy performance car.

wsukun

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2008
London Calling
which year of manufactured/registered of the said car you intending to buy?
let me guess, this is your first ever car purchasing exp?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
I went through this before. First, I paid some deposit. Then, the seller will send the car for inspection. Once done, pay cash and immediately bring the seller to JPJ to transfer name. I did this.

Some even did online transfer while waiting at JPJ to transfer name. U will want to minimise the time frame from paying the full amount and transfering name. Anything might happen.

However, there must be some sort of trust between the seller and buyer. It is easy for either party to cheat. So, just be extra careful.

Or, u can bring the total cash to JPJ and meet the seller there. Let him count the money himself in some place safe in JPJ. Once he is satisfied, collect the money back and tell him u will give him the money once the name is transferred at the counter itself. After the transaction, you drive back your new car with the grant and he will be go home with the cash. The risk of being robbed is high, however. The buyer may be robbed on the way to JPJ from bank or house. While the seller may be robbed from JPJ to the bank or house. This is especially of the amount is big.

I remember the time when I was driving from the bank that I withdrew my money from to JPJ. Bringing more than 50k with me and I was only with my gf. Drive as fast as u can, beat traffic lights in quite roads. Scary man. hahaha.

Good luck.

civic121

Apr 12, 2006
Another options is to buy banker cheque so both party is safe n sound...hope this helps....

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bringing more than 50k with me and I was only with my gf. Drive as fast as u can, beat traffic lights in quite roads. Scary man. hahaha.

Good luck.
Wow! 50k cash I won't carry loh! Like brother civic mention better cashier's cheque then.....:hmmmm:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Another options is to buy banker cheque so both party is safe n sound...hope this helps....
Took the 4th post for someone with common sense to post.

Banker's cheque is ~RM2.50
Getting robbed you lose the money you're carrying
Getting stabbed you lose your life.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Better open a bank draft instead lo...cash is scary.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Want to be among the first to own the Toyota 86? Well, better put down your orders down now as the bookings for the Subaru BRZ’s twin is now open! According to the indicative on-the-road price released by UWM Toyota Motor, the 2.0l FR machine’s price will be at RM 243,000 for the manual transmission, and an extra RM 6,000 if one fancies the automatic. But there’s no further word yet on whether there are any...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience