Cars 15 years & above to be CUT/WRECKED!!!

Ah Pang

Known Member
May 27, 2004
Guys,

Heard something shocking this morning. Apparently the govt is seriously considering to implement a rule whereby cars manufactured 15 years and above, to be cut!! Just like how in Singapore and the rest of the globe. If you decide to keep your car, then it has to go through road worthy testing and a higher roax tax will apply(possibly 4-5 times more).

Owners of the said vehicles would be compensated with mere few thousand ringgit as part of 'wrecking your car'.

This move is to further discourage the second-hand car market and Malaysia simply has got too many vehicles on the road.

Anyone of you have heard something similar?Please share your views.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
damn.........my car is already 11 years old...............
but sure still road worthy....
wonder do they compensate?!

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
they can try but please compensate us fairly after robbing us our hard earn money on silly APs.

we made a lot of sacrifices to buy a vehicle that we fancy & we dont rubber stamp easy money as we like.

sorry, but a noble effort to help the car sales but I'm not paid in US dollars but measly undervalued ringgit. thanks to the stupid deflation/mismanagement of lost of billions in ringgit currency (thanks bank negara). [while other factors to play in we could have much avoided costly gamble...]

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
I would welcome this move. In fact, move it to 10 years, and checks every 5 years. PROVIDED; everybody earns in US Dollars instead of Ringgit.

People of Malaysia have to shit blood to buy a normal car. 15 years is a short time when you think about the 7 - 9 years loan period people take. The government can go fuck themselves.

Ah Pang

Known Member
May 27, 2004
koolspyda said:
sorry, but a noble effort to help the car sales but I'm not paid in US dollars but measly undervalued ringgit.
very well said koolspyda.....i agree with you...for all the misery they've put us through. we've proven our dexterity in coping with their ever evolving bureaucracy through the test of time.but that's them.fabrication & misleading(and now robbery!)are their key take-aways to run the red tape!

keep watching guys!

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
i wouldn't mind if a compulsary check is to be done on the car every 10 years or so.....but interms of scrapping off "MY" car...........no way!!

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
Ah Pang said:
very well said koolspyda.....i agree with you...for all the misery they've put us through. we've proven our dexterity in coping with their ever evolving bureaucracy through the test of time.but that's them.fabrication & misleading(and now robbery!)are their key take-aways to run the red tape!

keep watching guys!
u can inmagine my misery when my mate is earning US12K a month in shanghai. i'm not even half that. :baring_teeth: in silly ringgit

dub.helix

Known Member
May 19, 2006
I think that would be a wise move, especially those car that are no where near road worthy. At the very least cars 15 years & above must go for re-evaluation and refurbishment/reconditioning if they are still to be used on public roads. And those of us who have to scrap our cars should be fairly compensated.

kelvin---

1,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2005
Sarawak
hmm...if the new rule is approved..i dun think we can stil see any legendary cars liao lo..rx7 ...supra...ae86...earlier generation evos...etc etc...wil all b gone from the country lo..like this oso can meh...forcin ppl to buy shitty protons..

seperlinky

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
They have a lot to consider if they do this. This will hugely affecting our economy. First of all, we need a strong currency plus new car must be really really cheap

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
in that case...
r32 gone...aw11,86...all boliao
whoa...
then we can see more r32 dragster
wahahahhaha

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
Hmm, other country can do it because their car prices is cheaper than us here.. If tax imposed are still sky high, it will not get any support from us, the working horses.. only if we can buy cars at price 1/2 or 1/3 of what they are now, only then sounded feasible..

TypicalGuy

1,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
KL
Visit site
they can do that....by close proton and perodua and abolish ap..

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
i totally disagree this solution. you see some of the old car owners on the road is old folks. if they scrap the car... where the old folks gonna get the money? public transport..no w.ay..its worse than 15 years old car

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Proton’s first ever global car, the Prevé, has managed to rake up a total booking of 11,130 units in just in a span of two months, making it the number one choice for the 1.6-litre sedan in the market. Launched on 16 April 2012, the Prevé comes in three variants: the Premium with the 1.6 Charged Fuel Efficiency (CFE) engine mated with Proton’s own 7-speed ProTronic CVT, and two Executives with either the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience