Carburetor Section

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
i think its better for u to pm him and ask him.. sorry, cant help you to give his number.. pm him, sure he will reply you.. as wat i did..

kelvio

1,000 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
selangor
www.geocities.com
revive this thread :)
wanna ask i just install a 12v carb in my 5k engine, but it have some problem, my mech said it have overflow problem, the engine will stall anytime if idle, and hard to start back,
and he say it cant be fixed and need to change carb, and the carb very hard to find a good condition 1 :(
so i wanna ask the carb can it be fixed ?? or i really have to find other carb ??

kite

Known Member
Sep 12, 2006
Pontian
Kelvio, the carb can be fixed. It's just that you need to find the right mechanic. My carb also have the same problem previously. Change to other carb, still the same. Then been fixed by one 'kampung' mechanic, running good with no problem at all until now.

Robert90

Nov 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
www.gobindexpeller.com
It is easy to make the assumption that biggest is best when selecting a main venturi size, but the purpose of the main venturi is to increase the vacuum acting on the main jet in order to draw in and effectively atomise the fuel mixture. The smaller the main venturi, the more effective this action is, but a smaller venturi will inhibit flow.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i always playing with carbie what....

but on bikes la.... :rofl:

i hope that my twin webber inside the store room not rotten to dust yet :sleep:

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
bros, mind to share.. what will happen to the carb if the engine havent been started almost 6 months? i just wonder..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
bros, mind to share.. what will happen to the carb if the engine havent been started almost 6 months? i just wonder..
1st it would have some sort of deposits/rust and big possibility of clogged carb....

need servicing before attempting to restart....

dawnryder

Jan 14, 2013
Kajang
Need held from any 4G91's 'otai' around here..

I've just installed my Iswara C21A with a 4g91 carb engine equipped with ECU & electronic carburetor. After installation, i'm happy to see my new engine's running at low temperature during the test run by my mechanic.. But after it reach higher temperature, the engine becomes problematic. When the fuel paddle stepped, the engine goes jerking like it short of fuel composite in its mixture. After my mechanics check thoroughly, there's something missing on the carb's wire. Its a bind of 3 green wire were being cut and left exposed. But my mechanic don't know what was missing.

Now i want to know what it is and where could i find this mysterious parts..

I hope some honorable otai in here could help me out.

Attachments

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Need held from any 4G91's 'otai' around here..

I've just installed my Iswara C21A with a 4g91 carb engine equipped with ECU & electronic carburetor. After installation, i'm happy to see my new engine's running at low temperature during the test run by my mechanic.. But after it reach higher temperature, the engine becomes problematic. When the fuel paddle stepped, the engine goes jerking like it short of fuel composite in its mixture. After my mechanics check thoroughly, there's something missing on the carb's wire. Its a bind of 3 green wire were being cut and left exposed. But my mechanic don't know what was missing.

Now i want to know what it is and where could i find this mysterious parts..

I hope some honorable otai in here could help me out.

wahhh 4g91 carbie....nice...

i'm no otai...but perhaps if u can snap the picture of where was the wire goes to...maybe we can have some guessing what was missing :adore:

dawnryder

Jan 14, 2013
Kajang
wahhh 4g91 carbie....nice...

i'm no otai...but perhaps if u can snap the picture of where was the wire goes to...maybe we can have some guessing what was missing :adore:
Thanks ^pomen_GTR^,

these are the images i snap but not as clear as DSLR images. I hope these will help you to identify what 's the missing device.

1st image: the circle shows the exposed end of the green wires. Each wire got stripe colored black, red, and brown.

2nd image: the circle shows the position of where the wire goes.

3rd image: closer image to show the position

4th image: taken from different angle, from under the carburetor. it is so blurry. cant get a clear one coz it was a difficult angle to snap.. sorry.. :banghead:

Attachments

Rleo6965

Known Member
Jun 22, 2012
Philippines
Thanks ^pomen_GTR^,

these are the images i snap but not as clear as DSLR images. I hope these will help you to identify what 's the missing device.

1st image: the circle shows the exposed end of the green wires. Each wire got stripe colored black, red, and brown.

2nd image: the circle shows the position of where the wire goes.

3rd image: closer image to show the position

4th image: taken from different angle, from under the carburetor. it is so blurry. cant get a clear one coz it was a difficult angle to snap.. sorry.. :banghead:
I'm glad to see your post. You might help me solve also my problem that puzzling me.

But first. I will try to help you.

I think those 3 green stripe wire was from the Throttle Position Sensor of the carburator. This must be connected to the ECM ( computer ).

Upon starting engine ECM will not control the engine ( open loop mode ) when engine was cold. This was the reason that engine run have no problem. But when the engine reached the normal engine temperature. ECM will take over to control the engine ( close loop mode ). Since the 3 wire from Throttle Position Sensor from the carburator was not connect to the ECM. Engine control was erratic.

Shown below picture of carb and connection diagram of TPS wire. I hope its correct. You can ask your mechanic to confirm these. Colored circle in the schematic diagram designates the stripe color on green wire. Except for yellow color that should be your white stripe wire.

I have this mikuni electronic controlled 2 barrel carburator and not able to install in my 4G13 engine. Because I don't have the ECM or Electronic Control Module or ( computer box ).

May I know the the model number of your ECM? If possible. Can you show picture of the board inside the "metal box" and the model number pasted on casing. A friend of mine willing to swap his ECM for my stock 4G15 cylinder block. I just want to know if its the same with your ECM.

Can you show close up picture of the small white board standing in the middle of the board. My friends ECM white standing board small square components have have "no cover". I don't know if IC was burned or defective. or it's normal. Any guys, know the function of this small board?

Thanks . Hope I able to help you. And later you also help me.:biggrin:

Attachments

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bro kc...since you have those knowledge,you can up to your own business...and you should know that...at msia not much detailer like you....few more weeks untill march oo bro ...:biggrin:

HI Ling Reiden
thanks for asking & you really make me to rethink

Msia does have lots of talented people, everyone is gifted in one way or another......
if you have been in many of clinic you would have probably hear me...using Msia Boleh

PEndrive -...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience