Carburetor Section

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi guys its been more than 2 since i log in into ZTH. Nice to see the forums are still ongoing.

Im using Toyota Corolla AE92 sedan. I bought a brand new Aisin or Aisan (couldnt remember) brand carburetor to replace my old carburetor in 2012.

Previously i can go up to 120 km for RM 20 / RM 22 petrol (without air cond).

Recently im having problem with my carburetor, i can only go up to 90 km for RM 20 / RM 22 petrol (without air cond).

Do i need to re-tune the carburetor for some fuel savings? If yes, can you all suggest any experts in this with a reliable service records. By the way, i am from Serdang, Selangor. Preferred the mechanic within Klang Valley.
Pm to you dy....:driver:

Dec 9, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
search u-tiup bruh
Hi unker fred,

I was introduced by madxxxx garage from lyn to you, since his workshop open only on weekday as im working in segambut area.

Can you tune my 4g13 carburetor? was running on ngv previously, now de-kit but the tuning running rich...heavy fuel consumption 200+- km per tank

how much do you charge for the tuning?

and how do i contact u?

i cant pm u :bawling::adore:

Feb 8, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
I want to ask, last time someone removed one item from the choke section of my old Proton Saga car. It is like in the picture, the one on the left that look likes a baseball bat. Now my car when cold start, before start need to pump the accelerator pedal many times then crank only it can start but need long time to become stable. Need to keep leg on the accelerator for abt 5 mins otherwise engine die. What is the function of that stick and should I ask someone to put it back?

Attachments

Rleo6965

Known Member
Jun 22, 2012
Philippines
I want to ask, last time someone removed one item from the choke section of my old Proton Saga car. It is like in the picture, the one on the left that look likes a baseball bat. Now my car when cold start, before start need to pump the accelerator pedal many times then crank only it can start but need long time to become stable. Need to keep leg on the accelerator for abt 5 mins otherwise engine die. What is the function of that stick and should I ask someone to put it back?
The baseball bat part was actually the cold rod compensator of the carburator. When engine was cold. The cold rod was retract and causing the throttle plate was partially open for cold start...

When you cold start your engine.The engine idling rpm will increase due to partially opened throttle plate...When engine reached the normal temperature . The cold rod will push out the throttle plate mechanism and partially close the throttle plate causing to reduce idling rpm.

Feb 8, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
The baseball bat part was actually the cold rod compensator of the carburator. When engine was cold. The cold rod was retract and causing the throttle plate was partially open for cold start...

When you cold start your engine.The engine idling rpm will increase due to partially opened throttle plate...When engine reached the normal temperature . The cold rod will push out the throttle plate mechanism and partially close the throttle plate causing to reduce idling rpm.
Thanks, wow looks like no one visit this thread now.

So is this baseball bat thing, should I ask someone to put it back?

My Saga is the one with manual choke. Do you mean that this cold rod retract by itself (auto?) during cold start or when I pull the choke?

When you mention retract, do you mean during cold start the baseball bat move out or move in deeper to the carb housing?

Without this cold rod right now, is my throttle plate in normal position when I am driving (warmed up)?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Nowadays mostly fuel injected car dy......those who have used or gone through carb, will drop in.....:biggrin:

Rleo6965

Known Member
Jun 22, 2012
Philippines
Thanks, wow looks like no one visit this thread now.

So is this baseball bat thing, should I ask someone to put it back?

My Saga is the one with manual choke. Do you mean that this cold rod retract by itself (auto?) during cold start or when I pull the choke?

When you mention retract, do you mean during cold start the baseball bat move out or move in deeper to the carb housing?

Without this cold rod right now, is my throttle plate in normal position when I am driving (warmed up)?
Initially, the rod was fully retract when engine was cold. The throttle plate was partially open to increase rpm during cold start,

If you notice, there's two water hose connected to the cold rod assembly... When water temperature increases. Water pressure also build up and gradually push the cold rod outward around 8MM. And pushing back throttle plate to reduce opening of throttle plate . Thus decreasing idling rpm around 700 rpm.

fadin_remorse

Known Member
May 28, 2008
I have a saga lmst, where can I have the carb retuned or even rebuilt? someone who is good in tuning especially. From klang valley or KL be fine

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I have a saga lmst, where can I have the carb retuned or even rebuilt? someone who is good in tuning especially. From klang valley or KL be fine
New mechanics don't do Carb. If You want, can try my mechanic, Hoong Seng Autoworks, 22, Jalan TPP 1/16, Taman Perindustrian Puchong, 47100 Puchong, Selangor Phone: 03-8062 4185. Old school mechanic from Carb time. He did my Civic 1st Gen, Accord 1st and 3rd Gen, even my Weber mod. Mr. Fong 019-3315475

Reactions: fadin_remorse

fadin_remorse

Known Member
May 28, 2008
New mechanics don't do Carb. If You want, can try my mechanic, Hoong Seng Autoworks, 22, Jalan TPP 1/16, Taman Perindustrian Puchong, 47100 Puchong, Selangor Phone: 03-8062 4185. Old school mechanic from Carb time. He did my Civic 1st Gen, Accord 1st and 3rd Gen, even my Weber mod. Mr. Fong 019-3315475
Thank you for the reply. Will give him a call.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i've tried these on the same engine blok:

1. changed head cylndr 2 times
    skimmed head cylndr
    top overhaul 2 times
    gnrl o.haul
    rcntly..change the radiator fan
and still i got this overheating problem on hill climbing @ traffic jammed..engine BOT running at 0.5 bar..afr on boost 12.+ off at 14.0-15.7..

i can heard some bubbling on the engine just after i shut off it..

what else sud i try?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience