Car Wheels Damaged along PLUS Highway,

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Car Wheels Damaged along PLUS Highway,
KOTA Damansara MRT Construction.
On 17th March 2015 at approx. 2am, I was travelling from Penang heading home that is located in Petaling Jaya, along the way I stopped at R&R Sg Buloh, 5 minutes after that I continued my journey, there was some roadworks in the middle of the highway, therefore I had to follow the diversion road onto the other side of the highway, upon exiting the diversion there was some base of the barriers/road divider seems like planted on the road the size was approx. 8” x 8”.

There were no one there that supposed to slow the cars down due to the lack of lighting & roadworks, I had to drive over the barriers at approx. 60-80kmh. it was a loud “thud”, as I continued driving my car felt was pulling to one side & the steering started shaking as I knew my alignment & balancing of the wheels had misaligned, rims were dented but fortunately my tyres was alright as I did not encounter any puncture or damage so far. Also my cabin light had fallen off, I had to adjust the bracket in order to push it back in place. I continued my journey home that morning.

On 19th March 2015, I had to take leave to send my car to a tyre shop that is based in Sunway, Hup Shun Tyre to get my rims fixed, the personnel then spun my wheels on their balancing machine one by one & marked the dented spot with a blue permanent marker pen. He then quoted me RM600 to refurbish & respray my 4 wheels & futher inspected all my tyres & identified that 2 front tyres had cracked, 2 rear tyres had bulges & hairline cracks & it was unsafe to be used anymore.
The personnel told me that I need to change the 4 effected tyres as it could endanger my car & family while travelling that costs RM1760 for 4 used tyres as brand new is very expensive that includes high speed balancing & allignment.

I agreed & their staff proceed to provide me a temporary replacement rims while mine gets fixed that will be ready on Monday (23.03.15).
Later that afternoon I proceed to make a police report at IPD Petaling Jaya that is located in PJ State. Followed procedure, made the report, met the Sarjan on Duty & took pictures of my car.
Therefore due to the negligence of PLUS BHD that almost caused an accident to my family without any warnings I would like to make a claim for the amount of RM2360 with immediate effect. I would appreciate that PLUS BHD could fulfill my claims within a short period of time.

May 2015
PLUS called me stated that Mudajaya Sdn Bhd was responsible for my damages as they were building the MRT railway at the area that damaged my car tyres & rims. I asked them why took such a long time to process my claim? They stated that they had lost my documents & could email another set of documents directly to Mudajaya Sdn Bhd.

June 2015
Followed up with Mudajaya & told me that Propel supposed to be held responsible for my claims as they were the one that should be held responsible for that morning’s road diversion.

July 2015,
Followed up with Propel, told me that BIB Insurance Sdn Bhd will investigate further regarding my issue.

Mid June 2015
BIB replied, told me that they had responded to Propel, called them up & told me they I should liase with Mudajaya Sdn Bhd.

End June 2015
Fed up of getting kicked around, so finally made a claim to TTPM to claim against Mudajaya Sdn Bhd.
My hearing supposed to be on 13th August 2015. But did not handover the documents to Mudajaya as I was tied down with work.

August 2015
Personnel from Mudajaya told they will be responsible for my claims & had forward my cheque to higher management for approval as they received an emal from TTPM to attend the hearing on 13th August 2015.

11th August 2015
My cheque is ready, paid in full.

Conclusion.
Some motorist claims that PLUS will be responsible for any claims on the highway, but actually they lost my documents & try to avoid claiming against them, PLUS even told me to claim from my car insurance…but was like WTH, its not my fault but why have to bear my own costs? But I was glad company like Mudajaya did take responsibility of my mishap & I personally thanked the personel when handling over my cheque.

Attachments

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You are our Tribunal sifu mah! Sure they will pay......hhahhahahhahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahha:rofl:

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
talking about MRT...

i remembered one incident that nearly cost many lives that day. I was one of them

It was a wet road, me and a group of cars were driving. Suddenly out of nowhere this peronda MRT moto came without warning like gangster. He did not even WEAR A HELMET...

so as he ride in the middle of the road. He then turn on the blue warning lights which are VERY BRIGHT !!!
*trust me if the person looks at the light for 2 minutes you can have flashing vision or be blind.

Soon some cars cannot take it, and overtook this idiot motor including myself as it was hurting our eyes.

Later in front, we spotted a car accident n many stopped and slowed down (late braking plus wet road). Thanked god i stopped on time (plus here Goodyear tyres claims for safe braking works). Also we can hear many cars from behind did some late braking and some skidding sounds.

The Moto peronda did not even gave an hand gestures asking us to slow down but only to turn on this BRIGHT LIGHT..

damn kinda worried on how MRT handles traffic n all. Kota Damn is common for such accidents plus idiots on the road

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Maybe the peronda guy had lots of thing on his mind due to the accidents. Ppl stressed out, raining time, traffic jam, complaints, impatient/inconsiderate ppl, etc.
Nevertheless, the peronda should have been trained to handle such situations...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
not sure what is it called as the attached picture but its higher, there were 4 cars involved the same case as me but only 2 made claims from Mudajaya.
2nd Picture only show the highway? Anyway, divert traffic why got barrier, unless they make new route

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Great info. Thanks for sharing
Any tribunal, seek his help....:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Very good story, nice to hear that at least some one is still willing to be responsible for that.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Very good story, nice to hear that at least some one is still willing to be responsible for that.
They made it tough for him, pushing him from one company to another, but lucky he sifu in this, go direct......:driver:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
2nd Picture only show the highway? Anyway, divert traffic why got barrier, unless they make new route

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Any tribunal, seek his help....:driver:
the picture was only a sample, when the incident occurred i did not go down from the car to take pics or inspect my tyres as it was 2am+ in the morning with my family on board, i just headed home & prayed my tyres was not damaged or punctured.

according to Mudajaya, that night PROPEL supposed to even out the road when they removed the metal barriers, but apparently they did not.

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

apparently they kicked me around, i 1st claim against PLUS with all the relevant documents, but since many clowns are working in that company, they lost my documents & told me to liaise with Mudajaya. i was like WTF why should i do that? it was in PLUS's territory, i just want back my money & PLUS should claim against Mudajaya.

the personnel from Mudajaya told me to liaise with PROPEL but with a given time frame, by the time expires, Mudajaya will then write a cheque for me & minus the amount from PROPEL's account later.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
the picture was only a sample, when the incident occurred i did not go down from the car to take pics or inspect my tyres as it was 2am+ in the morning with my family on board, i just headed home & prayed my tyres was not damaged or punctured.

according to Mudajaya, that night PROPEL supposed to even out the road when they removed the metal barriers, but apparently they did not.

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

apparently they kicked me around, i 1st claim against PLUS with all the relevant documents, but since many clowns are working in that company, they lost my documents & told me to liaise with Mudajaya. i was like WTF why should i do that? it was in PLUS's territory, i just want back my money & PLUS should claim against Mudajaya.

the personnel from Mudajaya told me to liaise with PROPEL but with a given time frame, by the time expires, Mudajaya will then write a cheque for me & minus the amount from PROPEL's account later.
Well at least finally someone owned up to the responsibility. Propel & Plus are in the same UEM group btw.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Oh! ok now understand. You drove over to other side using contra flow, but they did not level the barrier area....

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Oh! ok now understand. You drove over to other side using contra flow, but they did not level the barrier area....
yes, if u view the 2nd attachment, the metal square plates planted into the road, its similar to that but much higher, so didnt have a choice to drive over it. there were not alternative road to avoid it.

PROPEL should have levelled the square plates as shown in the pic.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Well at least finally someone owned up to the responsibility. Propel & Plus are in the same UEM group btw.
im not sure bout that.
but PLUS owns the highway, Mudajaya is the contractor for MRT construction & PROPEL was in charge for maintenance & traffic control.

i thought by claiming the amount from PLUS, it was quite easy but apparently it was not. When i told TTPM regarding my situation they were also not sure whom should i claim against. But luckily i choose Mudajaya.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Actually those square things looks mild, maybe something else in the middle in between the barrier there we cannot see

Lucky, all well and end well......:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm driving a Proton Iswara Aeroback...i just changed my absorbers to Monroe Sensa-Trac about few days ago....i'm using back my 5 year old stock spring with that new Monroe Absorbers.....i realized my riding became even harder than before....cornering is improved but it harden my ride....izzit because i use back my stock spring ? or should i change to a new n better spring ? What is the best spring recommended best for Monroe Sensa-Trac absorber ? Please help all the sifu...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience