Car startup issue

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Could this be related to a bad crank angle sensor?

Are you running any custom sensors? can the EManage be bypassed?
I am not running on any ECU although i have 2 piggybacks with me, Emanage Blue original Japan and Unichip Q without Turbo Module. I am not installing them as my current mods doesn't require an aftermarket ECU to run. If i ever needed one, i will go with something closer to stand alone.

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
I am not running on any ECU although i have 2 piggybacks with me, Emanage Blue original Japan and Unichip Q without Turbo Module. I am not installing them as my current mods doesn't require an aftermarket ECU to run. If i ever needed one, i will go with something closer to stand alone.
You dyno your car before? If after modding major stuff, the afr might be off. Hence the need for the piggyback

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Why is it EDamage ya? I do not know the stories regarding this..
If you google "Emanage problems" you'll see people giving their 2 cents about emanage all around the world. I'll quote something that someone said online which pretty much sums up the issue with emanage :

The E-Manage gets called the Mismanage around here but people still insist on using them. The timing is what I found the worst controlled by piggy back systems, for example the standard Subaru ECU had a IAM (ignition advance multiplier),which advances the timing. If you tune a piggy back such as the emanage with this IAM at zero it will continue to advance the timing during and after the tune. When you reset the ECU to reset the fuel trims you also reset this IAM.

Where the OEM ECU has a nice safety margin you can inadvertently advance the timing into knock with any additional timing added during tuning then once the car hits the road it tries to advance it's own timing using its IAM it means it's never giving a consistent ignition so essentially the ECU is having to work a lot harder than it was originally designed and could swing way out of its operating parameters.

Since most older Japanese cars use the JECS ECUs it would be fair to say they all use this method of 'self learn'

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
You dyno your car before? If after modding major stuff, the afr might be off. Hence the need for the piggyback
I can say definitely my engine's AFR is off, power distribution is towards high RPM side and drinks fuel like it is going for beer competition. However i am fine with it for now as i am not driving it everyday eventhough its DD worthy.

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
I did talked to the tuner about emanage and he said its ok. Not the best but can use. Then he told me every piggyback need to retune every 1 year at least for optimum settings.. so i am a bit doubtful already. Really every one year need retune?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Piggyback only acts as interceptor, it can't replace the job of actual ECU, imagine if your original ECU constantly battling with the piggyback to take control on some engine settings. Especially if your engine ECU has self learn capability to adapt to your foot, that will stress the stock ECU even more. After learning all of this, i rather leave my stock ECU alone then getting a piggyback, not worth my time of constantly visiting dyno shop to get it retuned.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I did talked to the tuner about emanage and he said its ok. Not the best but can use. Then he told me every piggyback need to retune every 1 year at least for optimum settings.. so i am a bit doubtful already. Really every one year need retune?
Seriously said that? Well, I guess in a way he's not wrong for Emanage. But not all piggybacks are equal. I wouldn't say all piggybacks need yearly programming. Just those inferior ones

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Seriously said that? Well, I guess in a way he's not wrong for Emanage. But not all piggybacks are equal. I wouldn't say all piggybacks need yearly programming. Just those inferior ones
Yeah thats what he said. But then i would take this info with a pinch of salt, as he's a tuner, so basically he would benefit more from people tune their cars yearly.

Btw i think majority using emanage right? Those using, any issues so far?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

helo....anyone know where the best place to mod bumper in penang....i would like to go n add bodykits...for iswara.......pls gv me some opinoin where is the best place.....izit RABK and LC is the best???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience