car overheating can't trace problem

abunawas

Known Member
Nov 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hi guys, my ride a Wira 4G15, lately have some overheating problems that i cant seem to find the cause.

it only happens after the car is run for more than 1 hour, fan everythign normal, then suddenly fan wont turn and temperature go up.

i have changed new radiator, new thermostat, new sensor switch, new radiator fan motor but problem still there. water pump also brand new high quality item.

engine is all stock standards carburatorr

any bro experience this before? the fan just wont turn after a certain period. i cant seem to find the problem.

engine seems ok all the while no makan miyak hitam

wiring?

need to open head?? :banghead::stupid:

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

fan relay problem?

sighhhhh

hope no need to open head gasket

abunawas

Known Member
Nov 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Running too Lean or Engine head warp?

how would those cause the fan not to turn after a certain period?

if head warp sure overheat oredy, no?

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

yes. but 1st try to check your thermosthat & the wiring......
happened to my kancil previously.

ok thanks. how u fix the kancil prob?

abunawas

Known Member
Nov 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
ok.

i dont think head gasket problem becoz radiator always full, the expansion tank also same no problem.

also when i cruise on highway no traffic jam temp very good. just that the stupid fan not pusing :banghead:

jun_ng_1208

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Cheras
ok.

i dont think head gasket problem becoz radiator always full, the expansion tank also same no problem.

also when i cruise on highway no traffic jam temp very good. just that the stupid fan not pusing :banghead:
Happened to my Myvi few weeks ago too...its due to the worn out motor for the radiator fan, changing the motor solve the problem :)

penagihdadih

Known Member
Feb 9, 2012
Shah Alam
ok.

start engine and open radiator cap, if there are bubbles then the head gasket warp.
if everything okay with your cooling system then u need to check the fan system. try to change the relay switch first, afraid the relay is season and cant working when its heated. Iv problem with head lamp relay before, it will stop working after few hours of driving.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Happened to my Myvi few weeks ago too...its due to the worn out motor for the radiator fan, changing the motor solve the problem :)
Worn out motor will still spin but slower? Air con not so cold?

abunawas

Known Member
Nov 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
start engine and open radiator cap, if there are bubbles then the head gasket warp.
if everything okay with your cooling system then u need to check the fan system. try to change the relay switch first, afraid the relay is season and cant working when its heated. Iv problem with head lamp relay before, it will stop working after few hours of driving.
no bubbles. ok i check the relay switch.

my aircond very cold.

sukam05

Apr 28, 2005
...it also happen to my iswara...changed new fan/radiator,sensor switch...
...temporarily I just do direct fan....no choice...
..my foreman ask me to check sensor switch for radiator becoz different radiator, different sensor switch ...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Fun in the sun, and tunnel runs!

Is there anyone out there who follows the Top Gear TV series? As I write this, in my mind, I can already see quite a number of hands shooting up. I’m a bit of a fan myself and have been following the series for the last couple of years. In fact, this is the only show that has not yet been deleted from my external...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience