Car not starting after timing belt change

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Please refer to this post; http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showpost.php?p=1949078&postcount=12966
from this thread; http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=2389&page=865

MySelf said:
Don't know if this is the right place for this;

Anyway, need some help guys. Recently sent my Kelisa to my regular workshop to change me timing belt as it was hitting 80k. Thought it would be routine enough. What I didn't expect was that my car wouldn't start afterwards. They've tried to fix it, checking almost everything and they assure me the timing is correct. I had no problems with my car before this. As of now, my car is still at the workshop.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Thought I'd post it here as well to get more responses. Appreciate any help.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
si|verfish,

Sorry to hear that.
Perodua service centre foreman don't understand their own car I think.
They must have miss out something in the procedure.

nail them down and ask for compensation without ride for few days.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
BS, I didn't go to Perodua SC for sometime :biggrin:

So, no it isn't Perodua...it's my own mechanic sadly. Anyway, the good news is, they said they've found the problem. The bad news is, they're waiting for a part to arrive. Apparently, one of the wheels which the timing belt is attached to has lost one of its tooth. Probably due to their negligence but anyway, just hope it gets fixed and soon.

Thanks for your concern.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
escaflowne said:
Hmm...how come it lost its t:shocked: :shocked: th suddenly?
chasing after too many skirts, i guess...:regular_smile:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Emmm...dunno how to explain. But I'll give it a go.

It isn't the tooth which the belt pulls; but another set attached to the same piece of metal which is for timing purposes only. There's a sensor which detects these little tooths nearby. A few of them broke, thanks to the bloke who changed my timing belt. So, what happens is that the sensor can't detect the turn of the crank properly hence the car wouldn't start.

They changed it for me and voila it starts! Couldn't be happier. They were very apologetic which I appreciate. End of.

Thanks guys for your concern and assistance.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

currently plan to swap sohc to dohc to gain some respond and power, however, i just wonder is the ecu same between dohc and sohc?? really confuse cause the seller keep claim same, pls help all sifu:adore::adore::adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience