Car modifications - the dummies guide! Part #2

amirmambo

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Subang Jaya
The man is on a role !! Hahaha then again this is a very good post to follow and im one of those followers,its not everyday you get answers to questions that you have yet to ask from people..Great write up bro,keep it flowing and im reading

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
The 5 main elements of engine tuning:

1- Intake Parts
In order to increase intake efficiency, the most important thing is to remove anything that could become a restriction and guide air smoothly into the engine.

2- Exhaust Parts
The basics of exhaust tuning are in the increase of exhaust efficiency but it is not right to assume that the least resistance leads to the highest efficiency. By removing the muffler, exhaust resistance is radically reduced but engine torque is also reduces, adversely affecting launch and vehicle acceleration so it is necessary to have just the right amount of exhaust back pressure (resistance).

3- Forced Induction/NA Bigger= TBO
Raising boost pressure the engine is able to take in more air or feed more air for NA

4- Fuel Management
In order to burn fuel completely, it is necessary to have approximately 15g of air for every 1g of fuel (15:1) and this is called stoichiometric air fuel ratio. However, in practice an engines air fuel ratio tends to be richer in fuel than the stiochiometric ratio due to conditions like the atomisation of fuel (how well the fuel mixes with air) and the cooling effect that the fuel has on the engine.

5 - Ignition
The most popular option when tuning the ignition system is a change of spark plugs. Spark plugs have a heat range value and generally lower values (low heat range type) are appropriate for use in lower heat conditions, however in hotter conditions, the plugs can cause knocking (detonation). High heat range plugs work well at higher temperatures but can cause weaker ignition at lower temperatures and possibly misfire.

Last edited:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
is this post a sticky???

it should be..

and.. wow.. Izso.. ur rank has changed to 'contributor'

:biggrin:

MiNiFans

Known Member
Aug 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
LOLx after i read part 2,I just cant stop laughing when I come to the part lose weight
Keep it up,it is a very good post for every car lover over here

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
is this post a sticky???

it should be..

and.. wow.. Izso.. ur rank has changed to 'contributor'

I've always been a contributor. I think they didn't have this title in the past so they used "staff"

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
it's a good thing when somebody make posts like this..

because most of us learn things from different angle..

like learning ABC to XYZ.. if there's no post like this, we'd learn ACB to YXZ..

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
great stuff... mana part 3 bro? :wavey:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there. All sifus, on behalf of my friend, he got a Proton Gen-2 and planning to swap the engine either to mivec CK or 4age Black Top 6 speed. He already checked with the PUSPAKOM and the swap for both engine is allowed for his Proton Gen-2. The questions are

1) Which engine better in performance and durability?
2) Which engine has more potential for further modification to gain more HP?
3) Which engine got more aftermarket performance parts?
4) Which engine is more economical in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience