Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
isnt that the same thing as the nissan march superturbo hahaha

mona-vie

Mar 24, 2011
Singapore
Nice article. However, some corrections needed for supercharger part. Only roots and twin-screw chargers will give you low end torque w/o any lag. If you are using a centrifugal supercharger, you will still get the lag like turbo.

innsand

Sep 25, 2011
Kedah
to izso, i want to ask u, any car with any engine can be mod like u wrote those articles? what i mean is, can svt engine be installed with supercharged or turbo?? besides, can i do all the step u put in other articles to silvertop engine?? in case, i had this one engine and really want to follow up your advices regarding modification of car so i can feel the fun of mod itself. if not i need to buy another stock car la. sorry for nooby question. :itsme:

R11

Jun 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
if i don boost often a turbo car.. would it cost the same as an NA to maintenance? mind tell me what the differences in maintenance between a turbo and NA?
the maintenance is all same like normal NA car, but more frequent (4-5k) service interval for engine oil n filter. that's all..

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
to izso, i want to ask u, any car with any engine can be mod like u wrote those articles? what i mean is, can svt engine be installed with supercharged or turbo?? besides, can i do all the step u put in other articles to silvertop engine?? in case, i had this one engine and really want to follow up your advices regarding modification of car so i can feel the fun of mod itself. if not i need to buy another stock car la. sorry for nooby question. :itsme:

for silvertop 4A-GE AE101.. better get a supercharge 4A-GZE AE101.. then custom a turbo charge on it.. it's much cheaper..

that's what i plan to do :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Go for it dude. Super turbo! :biggrin:

And on a sidenote, finally got the damn movie working

SuperTurbo.. that's a great name for my car

Thanx..

:biggrin:

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
the maintenance is all same like normal NA car, but more frequent (4-5k) service interval for engine oil n filter. that's all..
i think another parts that needs to be replaced will be oil seal... but then a gain.. my friend say that turbo cars must push it sometimes to avoid problems on the turbo... (not sure is true)

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Sorry forget to add on this if both NA and Turbo have same horsepower and CC. No doubt the NA sure tapau Turbo GAO GAO....and there is yr money go to.
nope...
thats only when turbo lagg came in mind..(actually it's not lagg, but turbo threshold)

same displacement, same power, same gearing, turbo ideally will win..
build the same engine as NA, but use boost for low and mid range..limit on high for same power level..
this used in power limitation racing (WRC, GT Racing) where there are power limit, example 300hp..
its engine have 300hp but they boost mid range torque like crazy...it can be said, ideally, 2000cc NA can put out 300hp at 8000rpm..
2000cc Turbo engine can have 300hp...from 3000 till 8000rpm...thats engine technology!

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Waiora_ProTuner said:
nope...
thats only when turbo lagg came in mind..(actually it's not lagg, but turbo threshold)

same displacement, same power, same gearing, turbo ideally will win..
build the same engine as NA, but use boost for low and mid range..limit on high for same power level..
this used in power limitation racing (WRC, GT Racing) where there are power limit, example 300hp..
its engine have 300hp but they boost mid range torque like crazy...it can be said, ideally, 2000cc NA can put out 300hp at 8000rpm..
2000cc Turbo engine can have 300hp...from 3000 till 8000rpm...thats engine technology!
I thought GT cars is limit by intake not by the engine.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear taikor and sifu's

Would you guys spend about RM35 - RM100 for monthly subscription fee for Mobile tracking system, that can trace your car real time location, speed, engine is On or OFF by login into Website or mobile device a.k.a PDA or handphone but with GPRS or 3G ler.. This is not a car alarm security system nor GSM alarm, this is new service like Captor but this has portal to view ur ride location with real time map, ur ride crusiing speed and i would say is GPS locator ler...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience