Car knocked down!! Change door or "ketuk"

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
A Civic knocked my Kancil when my gf was driving just now. :banghead::banghead:
When I close the door, doesn't sound the same.
Check out the pics.
Please advice is it better to change the door or "ketuk"?
Thanks.

Attachments

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
should b able to "ketuk" back la... bring to ur spray shop n ask dat guy for opinion la...

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
The problem is the guy who knocked wants to pay for it but only ketuk and spray. My paint shop guy said if ketuk also can't get back the shape properly. He meant the gap between the door and the body. The guy who knocked doesn't agree to get a new door. I scared id ketuk, then won't be nice already.

AkiNa VaMPiRe

Known Member
Apr 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
actually u can just tell the guy that u wan to change the door since is tat guy who bang ur car..u have the choice to choose, no need to care whether the guy agree anot.if he not agree, u just tell him do police report...

Dec 4, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
the same thing happened to my wife's my myvi, but it was the front left door. we decided to knock it out and re-spray, looks pretty good, as though nothing had happened.
to knock and re-spray the whole door costs us rm 330, my painter said that if we had changed the skin and re-sprayed, it would have been rm420.
so we chose to go for the cheaper alternative.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
no need ketuk...can change the door skin...cost should be similar as ketuk cost...so the other party also didn;t feels bad to pay for it... :adore:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
u can buy 2nd door at chop shop... else i think still can be ketuk la... where's the car now? jb or kl?

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
can ketuk balik since the bang damage is on the skin...... but since u can claim with the other people (not nid care they agree or not since is their fault,but must be reasonable claim), just change the door, 2nd hand door i think will not cost too much....

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
if the other party wan to ketuk only should be ok...send to professional lo..
where yr location? my kancil also kena the same......but im unable to find the culprit...but i know its someone staying at my apartment....

Lean

UnderCoverProject Founder
Oct 30, 2006
KL
undercoverproject.blogspot.com
If you got prob finding a good Mudguard or Knocking shop then I can intro mine le, it's around brickfield area. Let me know if you need more info yeah

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Updates,
I managed to talk him into changing the door for me. He asked to "tolong" him a bit by paying RM50. I felt sorry for him also la but why should I help him?? Hehe.

l2s: Car is in JB. Thanks mate.

Lean: Brickfields too far la bro. Thanks anyway.

Just hope the paint job will be good. Can I refuse to pay or take the car if I'm not happy with the job done?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

THE former rally driving champion Colin McRae was killed and his five year-old son feared dead in a helicopter crash yesterday afternoon. The aircraft came down in Jerviswood, Lanarkshire, half a mile from the family's home and burst into flames just after 4pm.

Jean-Eric Freudiger, McRae's agent, said the 39-year-old driver had been piloting the helicopter himself. Also on board were believed to be his son Johnny, another adult and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience