Car exhaust

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Haha I found someone that can make my polo sound like a v8 unfortunately it cost 9k and above
. Not too expensive but not willing to spend on something for just aesthetic (sound). I'm not sure if it's valvetronic. See anyone know what is this product or not
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=706865972841629&id=299695636892000
9k just for the sake of sound. Hope you are making the right decision. Not trying to damn a product but i knew exactly what kind of feeling of "want to have" with you.

And you sounded absolutely new in this topic. I suggest you hang out with experienced Polo owners to know the ideal setup for the car. I'll just put one example right here, your 9k spent would felt crap when there's another Polo with cheaper exhaust has better pace, better fuel consumption and not necessarily sound good than yours. Am sure there are enthusiastic and kind owner that are more than welcome to point you to correct place based on their experience. It just takes time to know and befriend with the correct buddy instead of plain ricer.

But still, decision are of yours to be made.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
No , but where I got this idea from is my friend. He bought a valve tronic whole set from China for only 5k.
Uh.... the muffler with the valve which is electronically controlled - I think I saw it for sale for 3k+ at the ampang exhaust shop I was at.

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Why not electronically or manually controlled valve at mudah for less than 1k ? Spending 1k or 3k on exhaust, might as well get titanium exhaust from japan.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Uh.... the muffler with the valve which is electronically controlled - I think I saw it for sale for 3k+ at the ampang exhaust shop I was at.
the valve control ,basically to swith silence <-> loud ? is there any other benefit?

Why not electronically or manually controlled valve at mudah for less than 1k ? Spending 1k or 3k on exhaust, might as well get titanium exhaust from japan.
1k-3k range? quite cheap. Its lighter and a bit louder right?:confused:

eques

Oct 14, 2017
petaling jaya

Where is the store located at? Will that make your inline engine soubd like a v type

eques

Oct 14, 2017
petaling jaya
9k just for the sake of sound. Hope you are making the right decision. Not trying to damn a product but i knew exactly what kind of feeling of "want to have" with you.

And you sounded absolutely new in this topic. I suggest you hang out with experienced Polo owners to know the ideal setup for the car. I'll just put one example right here, your 9k spent would felt crap when there's another Polo with cheaper exhaust has better pace, better fuel consumption and not necessarily sound good than yours. Am sure there are enthusiastic and kind owner that are more than welcome to point you to correct place based on their experience. It just takes time to know and befriend with the correct buddy instead of plain ricer.

But still, decision are of yours to be made.
Sorry missed out your post, the bad news is most of my friends are not ricer or tuner most drive Cayman boxter or straight amg. And as for me I'm in love with the v type engine sound and I wish to obtain that with my inline engine.

And Id love to learn from others if there's any active polo clubs you know. The one that I joined are just mostly selling cars lol.

And to be honest I'm new with this exhaust thing. I'll be the first in my 2 generation of family to install a aftermarket exhaust haha. Therefore if you have any tips or experience you'd like to share please share so I can learn from your experience.

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Where is the store located at? Will that make your inline engine soubd like a v type
I remember on the other post that you don't wish to be a ricer... But sorry to break the news to you buddy but this is what ricers do.

I suggest you follow what bro loose_end said but the closest you can get to a V engine is getting UEL headers or as they call it banana extractor I think.

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
lol. let's see how soon you get tired of the cruising drone.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
the valve control ,basically to swith silence <-> loud ? is there any other benefit?
I've no idea if there's a benefit. I wasn't willing to spend extra on my car. Am a scrooge that way.

I need to dig up the new address. Once I get the name and address I'll share it here.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
lol. let's see how soon you get tired of the cruising drone.
Yah! I use VR a few times only for outstation. Rather use my wife's under powered Hyundai for outstation. Quiet and comfy......lol:rofl:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Sanekit - just recently a friend removed his MX5 mufflers and resonators and replaced with just one of my resonators. The difference was night and day (mainly because it's a straight pipe now) without much of a decibel increase. And it'll have an overrun pop everytime you pedal off after a hard press. The MX5 guys are going nuts over this setup. But I only have 2 more of these resonators left. Maybe if you want you can sell to an MX5 guy your spare one. :biggrin:

Helmholtz or something design and packed with RG fibre wool. Good stuff apparently.
i dont know any mx5 guy. :bawling:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
Can I ask where can I get more reasonable and cheaper price to fix my tensioner pulley in KL/PJ?
Low budget eh... :(

The tensioner pulley changed before and currently I clocked about 185k mileage already.
current symptoms I'm having is that, power steering getting heavy, rpm unstable during trafic jams when press and de-press the clutch.
last time i kena before, the auxiliary belt putus because the tensioner's pulley worn out and jam, these were symptoms as well. so this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience