kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
this one sure brapp brapp brapp at idle. :driver:
not really.

in fact, when you start the car,
it roar, then quiet.
but when you revv or step on gas, thats where the sound comes..

it's really tune to max performance..

suit those who want that extra power

Last edited:

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
So lets say i want to buy one exhaust from china , how do i do so ? i mean how do i know if i can install it in my car without problem. Because buying valvetronic straight from malaysia store quite expensive compare with me buying straight from their supplier
Tbh tho you are making things difficult by doing so, why not just buy those local made ones? I am pretty sure not all of them cost the same.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Sanekit - just recently a friend removed his MX5 mufflers and resonators and replaced with just one of my resonators. The difference was night and day (mainly because it's a straight pipe now) without much of a decibel increase. And it'll have an overrun pop everytime you pedal off after a hard press. The MX5 guys are going nuts over this setup. But I only have 2 more of these resonators left. Maybe if you want you can sell to an MX5 guy your spare one. :biggrin:

Helmholtz or something design and packed with RG fibre wool. Good stuff apparently.

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Sanekit - just recently a friend removed his MX5 mufflers and resonators and replaced with just one of my resonators. The difference was night and day (mainly because it's a straight pipe now) without much of a decibel increase. And it'll have an overrun pop everytime you pedal off after a hard press. The MX5 guys are going nuts over this setup. But I only have 2 more of these resonators left. Maybe if you want you can sell to an MX5 guy your spare one. :biggrin:

Helmholtz or something design and packed with RG fibre wool. Good stuff apparently.
Any videos of before/after? I've been contemplating of removing my resonator on my E60... Either with straight pipe or put on a straight flow resonator.

Last edited:

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
yeah, show us some picture of the resonators.

pardon me for asking, put in middle or replace the muffler?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Any videos of before/after? I've been contemplating of removing my resonator on my E60... Either with straight pipe or put on a straight flow resonator.
Unfortunately no. He did it before I could take photos or record the whole thing.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
yeah, show us some picture of the resonators.

pardon me for asking, put in middle or replace the muffler?
I'll try to grab some pics later but I only have 2 left. 2" in and out means too small for your purpose.

The Mx5 removed his center and rear muffler and just put my resonator in and straight piping to the back. The resonator was situated close to the rear, kinda in the middle of the old resonator position and muffler. Interestingly the owner reported of some improvement in the low to mid RPM range which is odd considering he's pretty much using a straight flow with the resonator in the way.

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Unfortunately no. He did it before I could take photos or record the whole thing.
Ah ok, post some pictures might be interested.

I'll try to grab some pics later but I only have 2 left. 2" in and out means too small for your purpose.

The Mx5 removed his center and rear muffler and just put my resonator in and straight piping to the back. The resonator was situated close to the rear, kinda in the middle of the old resonator position and muffler. Interestingly the owner reported of some improvement in the low to mid RPM range which is odd considering he's pretty much using a straight flow with the resonator in the way.
Prob because your resonator is less restricted than the original? MX5 sounds really soft in stock form.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I am interested to import a classic/vintage into Malaysia. I am wondering would it make a difference if the car was more than 50 years(i.e :Vintage)?

Also how much is a classic car ap? And how is the tax structure for classic cars?

Does anyone know where I can get a classic car AP?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience