Car almost stolen AGAIN

skzisghost

Jun 23, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Base on this thread http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-crimes-and-security/435990-car-stolen-help-pls.html my car has been stolen few months ago but already recovered.

From just now 8pm i park my car outside my house as usual(better parking spot now direct view from all the houses nearby), didn't use steering lock etc only door lock because i know i will go out again at the midnight. 2am just now i was planning to go for supper, after opening my house inner door i saw two malay teenager stand beside my car speaking on the phone, having cigarette and walk away slowly(they should be acting because they know i saw them).

That time i still didn't realize they are car theft because at this area many indian and malay walk around during midnight. I walk to my car and i realize my car door is hijacked(They took out the cover below the car window to unlock the door).

Those theft really love my car :mad:, another lesson learnt..secure your car even your just leaving your car for awhile.

Area : Sri rampai KL

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
some cars are chick magnet, some car might be thief magnet?

Anyway, with the recent crime rate occuring in Malaysia, one cannot be too safe about their cars anymore.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, don't take for granted that it is only a while. My friend went to look for another friend just to get something. So he park right in front of the house, lock the car. Went in to get his thing from the house, come out to see the thief driving his car away....:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Base on this thread http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-crimes-and-security/435990-car-stolen-help-pls.html my car has been stolen few months ago but already recovered.

From just now 8pm i park my car outside my house as usual(better parking spot now direct view from all the houses nearby), didn't use steering lock etc only door lock because i know i will go out again at the midnight. 2am just now i was planning to go for supper, after opening my house inner door i saw two malay teenager stand beside my car speaking on the phone, having cigarette and walk away slowly(they should be acting because they know i saw them).

That time i still didn't realize they are car theft because at this area many indian and malay walk around during midnight. I walk to my car and i realize my car door is hijacked(They took out the cover below the car window to unlock the door).

Those theft really love my car :mad:, another lesson learnt..secure your car even your just leaving your car for awhile.

Area : Sri rampai KL
I always lock my car with steering lock whether is near or far. But 1 of my car now no steering lock...really makes me feel I should get one now or park the other car with steering lock outside.

Really time for us to upgrade our security system. Rely on OEM immobilizer systems doesnt seems to be enough to deter thieves.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I always lock my car with steering lock whether is near or far. But 1 of my car now no steering lock...really makes me feel I should get one now or park the other car with steering lock outside.

Really time for us to upgrade our security system. Rely on OEM immobilizer systems doesnt seems to be enough to deter thieves.
Nope, drive my Hyundai Sonata III sure no takers.....hahahahaha:driver:

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
Just put a steering quick release and bring the steering with you. Thief cannot drive the car unless they bring their own steering wheel.
I also have a kill switch in the trunk for the battery. Cannot crank without battery. Also, carry a 9mm. Thief cannot run faster than a bullet.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Just put a steering quick release and bring the steering with you. Thief cannot drive the car unless they bring their own steering wheel.
I also have a kill switch in the trunk for the battery. Cannot crank without battery. Also, carry a 9mm. Thief cannot run faster than a bullet.
Where to buy a 9mm? :rolleyes: That reminds me to learn to do a kill switch from a friend.
Quick release is a very good idea, but that can only be done when park around housing area.

If shopping center, not gonna carry along a steering and walk around haha!

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
Where to buy a 9mm? :rolleyes: That reminds me to learn to do a kill switch from a friend.
Quick release is a very good idea, but that can only be done when park around housing area.

If shopping center, not gonna carry along a steering and walk around haha!
I can ship you one :tongue:
I have kill switch and it helps to keep the battery drain since I don't drive my track car much.
You can squeeze a Momo or Sparco 320mm in a bagpack ma !! Thief cannot afford a quick release and a Momo steering wheel. Too expensive for them :proud:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I can ship you one :tongue:
I have kill switch and it helps to keep the battery drain since I don't drive my track car much.
You can squeeze a Momo or Sparco 320mm in a bagpack ma !! Thief cannot afford a quick release and a Momo steering wheel. Too expensive for them :proud:
Ya maybe will check and see the price for quick release. What brand are u using for quick release?
Sparco saw one selling in Ebay. 350mm Ori price RM300 but discount price now is RM170+\

That cheap for a gun nowadays? :stoned:
Best I dont have one, I'll be killing lots of idiot drivers on the road daily...

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If they're really already targeting your car, they'd already notice that every time you'd take out the steering. So when they want to steal it, surely they'd come prepared with their own bos kit & steering. This tactic will only work for thieves who don't plan and act on the spot. Also cannot do this for steering with airbag.

un-plug your oem ECU. they can crank till morning it wont start.. :rofl:
No need to unplug ECU, much easier to just remove the main big fuse to the ECU. I used to do that long time ago with my old Lancer before I got a security system or when the system had a problem. But the down side is, the ECU will always reset.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My fren prefers to manually shift gear (low to higher) whenever the needle reaches 4k rpm. Nothing lower than that. He like to tarik longer becoz it feels sportier getting stuck to his seat. He oso like the exhaust note.

My mechanic tarik and then change gear, just by listening to the engine rev. He says only greenhorns look at rpm meter when driving on the road wor.

As for me, I tarik until 3k rpm becoz wanna safe petrol, Besides, my car engine oredi old old and vibrates oso...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience