1. Bump posts missing? We are spring cleaning the Forums so these posts are being removed to optimize the database further. Don't be concerned, you can continue to do whatever you do. Will be developing the site further as well through the coming weeks so do watch out for those! You can close this notice now
    Dismiss Notice

Car Alarm Viper 5701 Troubleshoot

Discussion in 'ICE' started by Ede61, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Ede61

Ede61 Senior Member

Ive currently have installed the Viper 5701 and i have some features that are not working and id like to make them work.. it is the "Remote Start" and "Trunk Release".. the shop that i have installed them in dosent recommend me to install them but it defeats the whole purpose of buying such an expensive alarm with those features and not using them IMHO.. can anyone help me with a shop that knows how to solve this problem? :hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Im driving a satria neo cps (manual)

2. pwhyze

pwhyze Senior Member

It's expensive because it's a reliable 2-way system. Auto-start and trunk release are just 'gimmicky' features that can be found even in entry-level system so rest assured that those features are not responsible for the high price.

I think any car accessory shop worth it's salt can install the features you want but make sure to do it at dealer shop if yours is still under warranty as do it anywhere else would deem it void.

3. sayup

sayup Senior Member

there are only output to connect to other device to activate the features. u've to purchase additional remote starter & trunk release module to make this feature works.

this modules usually not match with viper alarm unless u purchase it from viper. nowadays a lots of car alarm come with auto remote start which is build in system.

btw, viper alarm is one of the best car alarm system in market.

4. yeehau86

yeehau86 Moderator
    Helmet Clan Moderator

What was the reason given by the installer for not recommending to install the engine start/trunk release?

5. KenDiriwan

KenDiriwan Senior Member

Howie Choo near Bukit Jalil would be a great help for you :)

6. MKMD428

MKMD428 Senior Member

if I am not mistaken, for viper alarm, sensors for remote start and trunk release are sold separately (as stated in the user manual)
    viper user here,